The Railway Protection Force (RPF) is a security force of India entrusted with protecting railway passengers, passenger area and railway property of the Indian Railways .It has the power to arrest, investigate and prosecute criminals. The force is under the authority of Ministry of Railways (India
ONLINE applications are invited from eligible Male and Female candidates for the recruitment of Constable in Level 3 of 7th CPC Pay matrix for the vacancies in Railway Protection Force (RPF) of various Zones of Indian Railways and Railway Protection Special Force (RPSF). Applications complete in all respect should be submitted ONLINE ONLY before 23.59 hrs of 30/06/2018.
In the event of cancellation of notified vacancies, the examination fee will not be refunded.
Category of Applicant
Amount of Fee (Non-refundable)
Unreserved & OBC * Rs. 400/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT
For candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex serviceman/Female/Minorities/Economically backward class. * This fee of Rs. 250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges on appearing in CBT.
How to Apply
1. Click on the ONLINE application link for the recruitment of Constable and carry out the following:
2. Confirm that you have read and understood the instructions clearly by clicking the check box.
3. Enter your name, Date of Birth and Father’s name, Mother’s name, Aadhaar number(Optional), State/UT, Category, Education Board, 10th/Matric Roll number, year of passing 10th/Matric, mobile number and email-ID and then submit for registration. Before submitting for registration, ensure and confirm that all the information furnished above are correct as the details furnished for registration cannot be changed later.
4. On submitting registration form, the registration number and password shall be displayed to the candidate. Also, OTPs (One Time Password) shall be sent to the registered mobile number and email along with the registration details. The candidate should retrieve the OTPs from email and mobile and then login to proceed with the filling up of application and to make payment. Candidate should note and preserve their registration number for later reference during the recruitment process. Central Recruitment Committee will not entertain any request seeking registration number.
5. The online format of application will have the fields for Educational qualification, Gender, Religion, ESM, Minority, Economically backward class, Age relaxation eligibility category as applicable and other details.
6. On completion of application details as above, the candidate will be directed to the payment page to choose payment mode i.e. Bank (online->net banking/credit card/debit card & offline->Other Modes->bank Branch for Challan) or Post Office Challan and complete the payment process. Please note the last date and time specified for each mode of payment and submit the application well in time.
7. In case of online payment, candidate will be automatically directed to Part II of application for filling up additional details. Those paying through Bank-offline mode, the payment confirmation may take about an hour and hence they have to again login after 60 minutes and look for confirmation of payment status. The time period for payment confirmation shall vary from 24 hrs to 48 hrs in case of Post Office payment. On getting the confirmation status, the candidate can start filling remaining part (part III) of the application. Candidates should provide the details of beneficiary account, in which they would like to receive the refund viz. Beneficiary name, bank name, Account Number and IFSC code in the online application.
8. Part III of application will have following fields: Details of Educational Qualification, choice of Group and preference of Zone/RPSF, choice of exam language for CBT etc:-
9. Choice of Zone/RPSF: Candidate shall opt for a Group and shall further indicate his/her preference of Zonal Railways falling in that Group (except for Group E & F). Candidates opting for Group E and F shall have only the option of N.F.Rly. and RPSF respectively. Once Group is opted candidates will be considered against the vacancies of that particular Group only.
10. Choice of Exam Language for CBT: Candidates shall have following language options for Computer Based Test ( CBT) out of which they shall have to opt for any one: -Hindi, English, Urdu, Tamil, Telugu, Konkani, Malayalam, Kannada, Marathi, Gujurati, Bengali, Odia, Punjabi, Assamese and Manipuri.
11. Uploading of colour Photograph:
Select the Upload Photo tab and upload your recent colour photograph. The photograph should comply with the following requirements.
· The Colour passport photograph with white/light colour back ground.
· Photograph of size 35mm X 45mm with name and date printed on it.
· It should be in JPG/JPEG format scanned with 100 DPI.
· The size of the photograph should be between 15 - 40 KB.
· The colour photograph may be developed in a professional studio. Photographs taken using mobile and self composed portraits or selfie may result in rejection of application.
· The photo should have clear front view of the candidate without cap and sunglasses.
· The face should occupy at least 50% of the area of the photograph with a full face view looking at the camera directly.
· The main features of the face must not be covered by hair of the head, any cloth or any shadow.
· Forehead, eyes, nose and chin should be clearly visible.
· In case the candidate wears glass, then the photograph should not have any glare on glasses.
· The photograph must match with the candidate appearance on the day of various stages of CBT, PET, PMT and DV.
12. Candidates are advised to keep at least 12 (Twelve) copies of the same photograph for further use as and when required during the recruitment process.
13. Candidates belonging to SC/ST have to upload scanned copy of their SC/ST certificates (JPG/JPEG format, 50kb – 100kb) also for availing the facility of free travel authority (Second Class Railway Pass).
14. In the end, candidates have to confirm the declaration “I hereby declare that I have gone through the eligibility criteria for the post applied for and meet all the requirements therein, that all the details furnished by me in the application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge & belief and nothing has been concealed or suppressed. I also understand that in case, any of the details furnished is found untrue during any stage of recruitment or thereafter Railway Administration shall disqualify me for the post applied for and /or I shall be liable for any other action under the extant rules”. After confirming the above declaration and submission of the application the entire application shall be displayed for confirmation once again and on confirmation, the candidate may take the print of the application and preserve it for reference and record.
MEDICAL EXAMINATION: The candidates who appear in Document Verification will be sent for a medical examination at the Railway Hospitals. They will have to qualify in medical category ‘B-1’ as prescribed in the Indian Railway Medical Manual. Those wearing glasses or having flat foot, knock knee, squint eyes, colour blindness and other bodily defects are not eligible for appointment. Sending for Medical examination will not guarantee employment and does not reflect that the candidate has been included in the select list.
TRAINING: Selected candidates will have to undergo a rigorous initial training in any one of the RPF/RPSF training centre or any other such institution as decided by the Railway Administration. The trainee recruits/cadets will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,700/- plus other allowances as admissible under the Railway Rules during the period of training. Passing the Final Examination at the end of the training is a must for appointment to the Force
Already a member? Log in
Already a member? Sign in