CLAT Exam 2021
Important Exams Links
- CLAT Exam 2021 Basic Information
- CLAT Exam 2021 Notification
- CLAT Exam 2021 Syllabus
- CLAT Exam 2021 Exam Pattern
- CLAT Exam 2021 Calendar
- CLAT Exam 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- CLAT Exam 2021 Apply Now
- CLAT Exam 2021 Application Fee
- CLAT Exam 2021 Admit Card
- CLAT Exam 2021 Exam Selection and Admission Process
- CLAT Exam 2021 Free Mock Test
- CLAT Exam 2021 Online Course
- CLAT Exam 2021 Preparation Strategy
CLAT Exam 2021 Highlights
CLAT or The Common Law Admission Test is a national level entrance exam for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes that is being offered by 22 National Law Universities. The CLAT exam is organized by the Consortium of National Law Universities every year to induct eligible candidates to various law colleges all over India. The CLAT scores are also accepted by various private, aided and semi-aided universities for admissions in their law courses. The CLAT exam has been rescheduled to June 13, 2021 from earlier May 9, 2021. Let's go through some more details given below.
CLAT result for the online exam conducted on June 13, 2021, has been released.
CLAT Exam 2021 Highlights
|Conducting Body||Consortium of NLUs|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of Exam||Objective Type|
|Time Duration||2 hours|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks|
CLAT Exam Notification 2021
CLAT 2021 notification is out and the link to apply online will remain active from January 1 2021 to May 15, 2021. The CLAT 2021 Notification has all the relevant details about the exam such as exam dates, eligibility, exam pattern, application form and more. Recently, Consortium of National Law Universities, which conducts CLAT exam has revised the date for offline CLAT exam from May 9, 2021 to June 13 2021.
CLAT Exam Syllabus 2021
Once you are aware of the exam pattern, now it is time to go through the CLAT syllabus in a detailed manner before the exam preparation. So here is the detailed CLAT exam syllabus 2021:
|English (including Comprehension)||Antonyms, Synonyms, Analogies, Idioms and Phrases, One Word Substitution, Sentence Improvement, Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph, Rearrangement of Words in Sentence, Fill in the blanks, Cloze Tests, Common Errors, Spotting Errors, Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage), Reading Comprehension.|
|Numerical Ability (Elementary Maths)||Number Systems, Surds and Indices, Square Roots, Fractions and Decimals, HCF and LCM, Simplification, Approximations, Ratio and Proportion, Average and Logarithms, Interest, Percentage, Profit and Loss, Partnership and Discounts, Areas and Volumes.|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||Events of National and International importance also covering current events in area of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Persons and Places, Static GK & Latest Happening, Books and Authors.|
|Logical Reasoning||Direction and Distance Test, Analogy Test, Classification (Odd Man Out) Test, Coding Decoding Test, Number Test, Series Test, Relationships Test, Alphabet Test, Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test, Statements Assumptions, Statements Arguments, Statements Conclusions and Statements Action.|
|Legal Aptitude||International Law, Criminal Law, Indian Constitution, Legal Terms, Legal Maxims, Family Law, Contracts and Torts, legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions.|
CLAT Exam Pattern 2021
If you are preparing for the CLAT 2021 exam, knowing the CLAT exam pattern becomes important. As the CLAT exam pattern has changed in 2020 by the Consortium, it is essential to gain absolute clarity to ensure efficient preparation. The CLAT exam will be offline and will have 5 sections - English Language, Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Quantitative Techniques. The number of questions varies for each section and a negative answer will attract a penalty of 0.25 marks. The CLAT exam is of 2 hours duration with 150 questions overall for one mark each. Detailed exam pattern for CLAT 2021 exam is given below:
|Section||No of Questions||Marks|
|Subjective section||02 (essays - each carrying 25 marks)||50|
CLAT Exam Calendar 2021
Knowing the CLAT exam dates is equally important as being aware of the exam pattern and syllabus. For your feasibility, all important dates for exam dates, admit card and more is given below. Check out the table of the CLAT exam date:
CLAT Exam Dates 2021
|Opening Date for Submission of Online
|January 01, 2021|
|Closing Date for Submission of Online
|May 15, 2021|
|Examination Dates (Offline Mode)||June 13, 2021|
|Examination Timings||3.00 - 5.00 p.m|
CLAT Exam Eligibility Criteria 2021
To apply to the exam 2021, you need to fulfil the eligibility criteria at two stages. The CLAT 2021 eligibility includes details about the age and educational qualification. Before applying online for the CLAT exam, ensure that you are eligible in all fonts so that your candidature is not cancelled at a later stage of the exam process.
CLAT Exam Age Limit
As per the CLAT eligibility criteria 2021, there is no age limit criteria . Besides this, there is no such age relaxation provided or mentioned in the official website.
|CLAT UG||No Upper Age Limit|
CLAT Educational Qualification
You are required to possess a certain percentage of marks in your 10+2 or an equivalent exam.This percentage criteria varies for different categories. If you are appearing in the qualifying exam in March / April, 2021, then too you are eligible to appear in the CLAT exam but you need to produce evidence of passing the qualifying exam at the time of admission. Further details are mentioned in the table below.
|CLAT (Under Graduate Programme)||
CLAT Exam 2021: How To Apply Online
CLAT online application has begun from January 01, 2021.The application form is available on the official website and is an online process. You are advised to apply as soon as possible and not to wait for the last day to avoid last minute rush. The step by step procedure to apply online for CLAT exam 2021 is as follows-
- Visit the CLAT official website
- Register yourself by filling the details like name, mobile number, email address and password.
- Login again using the registered mobile number and the password provided at the time of registration.
- Fill the CLAT online application form with other details like your name, parents name and other information carefully.
- Upload the following documents with dimensions as mentioned in the CLAT notification- passport size, recent photograph, signature , category certificate if you belong to SC/ST/OBC, certificate issued by competent authority if you belong to P.W.D. Relevant certificate issued by competent authority if you are coming under BPL category.
- Check once before the final submit as the application once submitted and fee paid, no change can be performed.
- The online paid fee is non refundable so check the application fee you need to pay carefully as different categories have different application fees.
- You can take out the print of application form and receipt for future reference.
CLAT Exam Application Fee
Your online application form will not be accepted if you fail to pay the application fees online. The CLAT exam 2021 online application fee varies for General and reserved categories. You have to bear the bank transaction charges for remitting the application fee.
The application fee paid online is non-refundable. The details regarding the CLAT exam application fee is given below:
CLAT Exam Admit Card 2021
The CLAT admit card will be released some days prior to the exam. The admit card can be downloaded from the official website by logging through your registered mobile number and password. The exact date of the availability of the CLAT admit card will be intimated on the official website. No hard copies will be sent to the respective candidates.
CLAT Exam Selection and Admission Process 2021
The CLAT exam selection process is a three stage procedure-
- CLAT Online exam
- Merit List
Once the CLAT exam result is out you will be called for the counselling round. Here you will be granted a seat in the preference order of the National Law Universities that you have filled while applying online. Also your counselling for the preferred Law College will be based on seat availability and merit list. Various CLAT seat allotment lists will be published on the official website. You can view the college-wise seat availability for CLAT exam for admission to various law courses from the table below:
|National Law Universities||General Category Seats||Total seats|
|National Law School of India University, Bangalore||53||80|
|National Academy of Legal Studies and Research, Hyderabad||81||105|
|National Law Institute University, Bhopal||65||122|
|West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences, Kolkata||74||115|
|National Law University, Jodhpur||75||104 + 16 seats for NRI/ NRI sponsored candidates|
|Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur||62||180|
|Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar||115||180|
|Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow||80||178|
|Rajiv Gandhi National Law University, Patiala||133||180|
|Chanakya National Law University, Patna||60||120|
|National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi||31||60|
|National Law University Odisha, Cuttack||114||180|
|National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi||60||140 (including 20 special category seats)|
|National Law University and Judicial Academy, Guwahati||47||60|
|Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Vishakhapatnam||72||120 (including 12 seats for Foreign Citizens / Non-Resident Indians.)|
|Tamil Nadu National Law School, Trichy||62||120 (including 6 seats for NRI/OCI quota)|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai||69||100|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur||39||130|
|Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad||19||60|
|Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur (MPDNLU)||76||120|
|Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla||46||60|
|Dr. B.R. Ambedkar National Law University||77||120|
Once you have completed the registration and submitted the counselling fee you will be considered for CLAT seat allotment. Your CLAT rank, score and NLU option submitted by you will be taken under consideration for the CLAT seat allotment process. You need to check your name and status in the CLAT allotment list.
CLAT Exam Free Mock Test 2021
Preparing for any competitive exam requires practice on a regular basis. CLAT is an entrance test for admissions to various National Law Universities in India. While preparing, analysing yourself is very much important and for that you need to test your abilities/skills. ixamBee provides Free mock tests for CLAT entrance exam through which you can prepare & test your preparation.
CLAT Exam Online Course
A high score in the CLAT UG exam can fetch you a good Law college. To understand your need ixamBee is here to help you out with its dedicated online course for CLAT. With the changed exam pattern, it is necessary that you master each section in the CLAT UG exam. The CLAT UG online course has been curated by experts after a detailed study of exam syllabus. Have a look into some key points of the course-
- 150+ Video Lessons covering the whole syllabus
- 50+ Study notes in PDF format
- 5 Full-Length practice tests for the CLAT UG exam
- 120+ Difficulty Based Chapter Tests and 50+ Section Tests
CLAT Exam Preparation Strategy
You won't be able to come out with flying colours if you don't plan how to approach and prepare for different sections. Here are some basic tips which will help you to prepare in a very lucid and easy way.
- You do not have to read the entire book but keep a track of sources like newspapers and magazines. Read the opinion and editorial sections.
- Practice grammar from any 10th standard grammar book. Make sure you stop every time you come across a new word you don’t understand and find out its meaning.
- You can go through all the practice papers provided by the CLAT consortium as these will be closest in style and level of difficulty to what you may see in the actual UG CLAT paper.
- The Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and English Language sections of the CLAT exam are somewhat related, as they all require you to read and comprehend a passage well. So make reading a habit for sure.
- Practice is key to prepare for Quantitative Techniques. The best way to prepare is to go back to tenth standard mathematics textbooks, clear your concepts and practice them. Once your concepts are clear go for standardized CLAT exam preparation books or previous year papers.
Recommended Course for you
Boost your preparation with Beepedia
High Quality Mock Test for you
Free Important Video Lectures
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1:Can Foreign Nationals appear for the CLAT test?
A:No, Foreign Nationals cannot appear for the test. However, Indian Nationals / NRIs / PIO / OCI are eligible for CLAT exam.
Q2:Is the CLAT score card accepted by Private Universities with Law Courses?
A:Yes, CLAT scores are accepted by Private Universities.
Q3:Is there any age limit for giving the CLAT exam?
A:No, no upper age limit for UG Programme in CLAT.
Q4:Is the CLAT exam online or offline?
A:The CLAT exam will take place offline in the centres allotted to an individual.
- NABARD Grade A Mains 2021 Exam Date Announced!! All Details at ixamBee
- NABARD Grade B Mains 2021 Exam Date Announced: Check Here
- IBPS PO Prelims 2020 Exam Analysis: Section-wise Cut-Off Score
- Approaching GIC Group Discussion
- List of Nobel Prize Winners 2021
- GIC Assistant Manager 2021 Result Out! Check the Interview Dates
- LIC AAO Mains 2021 Admit Card Out! Direct Link for Call Letter
- NIACL AO Prelims 2021 Exam Analysis
- SSC MTS Exam 2021: Everything You Need to Know!
- IBPS PO Recruitment 2021-22 Notification Out! 4135 Vacancies Announced! Apply Now!
Would you like to rate us 5 star.