IB Security Assistant
Important Exams Links
The Intelligence Bureau or IB is India's internal intelligence agency whose main function is to execute counter-intelligence and counter-terrorism tasks. It was recast as the Central Intelligence Bureau in 1947 under the Ministry of Home Affairs as India got independence. Before that, Major General Charles Mac Gregor was appointed Quartermaster General and head of the Intelligence Department for the British Indian Army at Simla in 1885.
Online applications are invited from Indian nationals for direct recruitment to the post of Security Assistant (Executive) in the following Subsidiary Intelligence Bureaux, Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India.
Applicants are advised to go through all parameters under different paras and sub-paras mentioned below and satisfy themselves about their eligibility in terms of age limit, essential qualifications, etc. for the post before applying. Candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria as mentioned below may apply ONLINE through MHA’s website (www.mha.gov.in) or NCS Portal (www.ncs.gov.in) only.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications should be submitted online through MHA’s website (www.mha.gov.in) or NCS portal (www.ncs.gov.in) only. Applications will NOT be accepted through any other mode.
- The application portal will be operational from 20.10.2018 to 10.11.2018 till 2359 hours. Registration done, prior to 20.10.2018 and after 10.11.2018, will not be accepted.
- Wrong information in any column may lead to the application getting rejected altogether.
- Candidates are advised to register well in time, since the application portal witnesses a surge in number of application during the run up to the closing date. The closing date for receipt of online application will not be extended under any circumstances.
- The online application is divided into two parts: Part-I relates to the personal, academic & other particulars of the candidate while Part-II relates to the payment of exam fee, if applicable.
- The candidates are required to upload their photograph & signature at the time of online registration (in a single file, the size of which should not be more than 50 KB). Instructions for uploading the single file containing photograph and signature are available on the online application portal in FAQs.
- Candidates may ensure that the signature uploaded by them are visible since they candidates) would be required to append signature on admit cards & attendance sheets during subsequent stages of examination & any variation in signature could render them ineligible.
- Candidates are advised to submit only one application. Submission of multiple applications may result in cancellation of applications altogether.
- Before submitting the online application, the candidates MUST preview the application to ensure that they have provided correct information,particularly the email id & uploaded correct photograph & signature. It must also be ensured that the photograph & signature are visible & not hazy/blurred, otherwise the photograph & signature should be uploaded again or the page should be reloaded or refreshed. The online application should be submitted only after ensuring that the information/photograph/signature is correct.
- The candidate should note down and retain ‘Registration-ID’ & ‘Password’ provided to them while making registration which would be required later. They should also note down their roll number (as and when allotted) for future reference. Candidate should take printout of the registration slip/application form for future reference. This printout is NOT
required to be submitted to this office at any stage.
- Candidates are required to possess a valid e-mail ID and provide during the registration process. The admit cards/call letters for the Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III exam & other relevant information would be sent to the candidate on this e-mail ID only.
- The registration becomes complete only after the photograph & signature are uploaded by the candidate.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that e-mail addresses ending with @nic.in/gov.in are directed to their inbox & not to spam folder or any other folder. They may also check the spam folder for mails sent from the helpdesk e-mail i.e. email@example.com from time to time.
- The candidates should take printout of the Challan Form, if required.
- The candidates must also furnish one mobile number for receiving SMS alerts related to the exam.
- This office will not be responsible for bouncing of any e-mail or malfunctioning/change of the mobile phone number of the candidate.
- Candidates are also advised in their own interest to keep checking their email (inbox as well as spam folder) and the website of MHA from time to time for updates related to the recruitment process.
- Candidates are requested to make sufficient number of passport size coloured photographs (identical to the one uploaded) and carry identity proof in original such as Voter Card, Driving License, Aadhar Card, PAN Card, Identity Card issued by University/College etc. to the examination centre, failing which they shall not be allowed to appear for the examination. The photographs would be required at subsequent stages of recruitment process and pasting/providing a photograph different from the one uploaded may result in cancellation of candidature.
|Category of Applicant||Amount of Fee (Non-refundable)|
|Only male candidates belonging to General and OBC category||Rs. 50/- as application fee|
|All SC/ST, Ex-servicemen & female candidates||No charges|
MODE OF PAYMENT:
The examination fee can be paid offline or online AFTER A GAP OF ONE WORKING DAY FROM THE DATE OF REGISTRATION.
OFFLINE PAYMENT (Cash Deposit):
The applicant will be required to take a printout of Challan form & deposit the fee in cash in any branch of State Bank of India AFTER A GAP OF ONE WORKING DAY. A counterfoil of this Challan would be given back to the candidate by the bank, indicating the transaction ID, which may be retained by the candidates.
The applicants having Internet Banking, ATM Cum-Debit Card and Credit Card of State Bank of India, including Rupay Card or any other bank can pay the fees through ‘SBI Collect’
option. The candidates would be required to provide their registration number, date of birth, etc during the process of online payment. The fee could be paid online AFTER A GAP OF ONE WORKING DAY.
Number of Vacancies:
IB Security Assistant Exam Pattern
Every year IB conducts recruitment for the post Security Assistant, the most paramount and prestigious job to start your career. The entire recruitment process involves an online examination from a centre as allotted by IB. All stages of the examination are mandatory. IB Security Assistant exam will held in three Stages:-
Phase I On-Line Examination:
Stream Paper Marks Duration Tier I
Written Exam of Objective type MCQs, divided into 4 parts containing questions of 1 marks each on: a) General Awareness (40 questions) b) Quantitative aptitude (20 questions) c) Logical/analytical ability (20 questions) d) English language (20 questions)
Descriptive type: a) Translation of a passage of 500 words from local language/dialect to English and vice versa.
b) Spoken ability (to be assessed at the time of Tier-III exam (Interview/ Personality test)
SELECTION OF CANDIDATES:
- The candidate has to appear in Tier-I at one of the test centres mentioned in Table ‘A’. There will be negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer. No marks would be awarded for an un-attempted question.
- On the basis of their performance in Tier-I exam, candidates would be shortlisted for Tier-II & Tier-III exam at 10 times the number of vacancies.
- In order to achieve qualitative selection & recruit the best available talent,there would be cut-off marks (out of 100) in Tier-I exam as under:UR-35, OBC-34 & SC/ST-33 (all Ex-servicemen would be treated in their own category viz., UR/OBC/SC/ST)
- However cut-off for Tier-II & Tier-III exam in different categories may go higher depending upon the marks obtained by candidates and number of vacancies. Similarly, the criteria of 10 times the number of vacancies may also remain restricted due to said cut-off in Tier-I.
- All candidates appearing in Tier-II exam would be provisionally admitted in Tier-III exam, i.e. interview/personality test.
- Tier-II examination will be of qualifying nature. Candidates would be required to obtain minimum 20/50 marks so that their marks in Tier-III could be taken into account for preparing final merit list on the basis of combined performance in Tier-I & Tier-III exam. The cut-off in Tier-II is same for candidates of all categories. There is no cut-off for Tier-III exam.
- The final selection would be further subject to successful completion of Character & Antecedent verification followed by medical examination, etc.
- The date, time & centre of Tier-II & Tier-III would be intimated to the successful candidates through E-mail given by them in online application.
- The candidates would be required to adhere to the instructions contained in admit card/call letter of Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III exam relating to entry/exit, conduct inside the venue, frisking, etc failing which their candidature would be cancelled
Every year IB conducts recruitment for the post Security Assistant, the most paramount and prestigious job to start your career. The entire recruitment process involves an online examination from a centre as allotted by IB. All stages of the examination are mandatory.
IB Security Assistant Exam Syllabus 2021
The Online Exams for IB Security Assistant Exam.2021 will comprise Phase wise syllabus detailed are given below:-
|Phase I||Tier I (Objective based Exam )|
|Phase II||Local Language Translation|
IB Security Assistant Eligibility Criteria
To apply for IB Security Assistant an aspirant should meet various eligibility Criteria wrt to Education Qualification, Age Nationality, Number of attempts permissible etc. To know in detail about the topics/Chapters which are covered under these subjects for each Phases IB Security Assistant 2018-19 exams.
|Security Assistant/Executive||(i) Matriculation (10th class pass) or equivalent from a recognized Board of Education, and (ii) Knowledge of any one of the local language/dialect mentioned in Table ‘A’ above against each SIB/Centre of examination. Desirable Field experience in Intelligence work.|
|Not exceeding 27 years Upper age limit is relax able by 5 years for SC/ST & by 3 years for OBC candidates. Upper age limit is relax able for departmental candidates up to 40 years of age who have rendered 3 years of regular & continuous service. This relaxation is applicable only to Central Govt. Civilian employees holding civil posts & not applicable to personnel working in PSUs, Autonomous/Statuary bodies, etc. The age limit is relaxable up to age of 35 years for general candidates & up to 40 years for SC/ST in case of widows, divorced women & women judicially separated from their husbands & not remarried. The age limit is relaxable for ex-servicemen as well as for candidates who were domiciled in J&K from 1.1.1980 to 31.12.1989 as well as the children & dependents of victims of communal riots of 2002 in Gujarat as per the Govt. instructions in this regard issued from time to time. The age limit is relax able up to maximum 5 years to the meritorious sportspersons specified in Para 1 (a) of D.o.P. & A.R., O.M. No. 14015/1/76-Estt.(D), dated 4.8.1980. The candidate claiming for age relaxation in this category must have the desired certificate in the form & from the authority prescribed in OM under reference.(As per the annexure at the end of the advertisement)|
- The candidate can opt for only one SIB/Centre of Examination and would, thus, be considered for vacancies earmarked for the said SIB/centre only. Applications received for more than one SIB/centre from a candidate would be summarily rejected.
- The number of vacancies is provisional and liable to change.
- The applicant should select the SIB/examination centre, carefully & indicate the same correctly in his/her application. SIB/Centre of examination, once opted, will NOT be changed in any circumstances.
- Candidates may not necessarily get the same centre of examination in Tier-I exam as opted by them, though all efforts would be made to accommodate them in nearby centres. However the candidature of such candidates will be considered against the vacancies of opted SIB/centre.
- IB reserves the right to cancel any of the examination centres and/or add some other centres, allot the candidates to any centre other than the one opted by them, at its discretion, depending upon the administrative feasibility.
- Tier-I examination may be conducted in one or more shifts at one or more examination centres where the candidates are large in number.
- Tier-I examination of candidates opting for the vacancies in SIB Srinagar will be held at Jammu centre.
- The above mentioned posts are not reserved for any category (HH, OH, VH & Autism) of physically handicapped/PH persons. Hence, they NEED NOT apply.
- The appointment to the post will be temporary. However, appointment in permanent capacity will depend on various factors governing permanent appointment in such posts in force at that time.
- Successful completion of training is mandatory for confirmation to the post of SA/Exe.
- The eligibility of candidates in terms of age, educational qualification, caste/category etc. will be determined on the closing date. The candidates must be matriculate or equivalent from a recognised board of education on or before the closing date, i.e., the final result must be out on or before the closing date, i.e. 10.11.2018 (till 2359 hours) and he/she must have been declared successful in it.
- The reservation of vacancies for OBC, SC, ST & Ex-Servicemen/ESM is as per rules/roster. If suitable ESM candidates are not available, vacancies reserved for ESM will be filled by non-ESM candidates of respective categories.
- Ex-servicemen who have already secured employment in civil side under Central Govt in Group ‘C’ posts on regular basis after availing of the benefits of reservation given to ex-servicemen for their reemployment are not eligible for fee concession or for claiming benefits of reservation under Ex-SM category. However, they are eligible for age relaxation.
- While every care has been taken for inclusion of GoI instructions in vogue, IB reserves the right to rectify omissions, if any, noticed subsequently.
KNOWLEDGE OF LOCAL LANGUAGE/DIALECT
Candidates applying for the vacancies of a particular SIB/centre are required to possess knowledge of any one of the local language(s)/dialect(s) indicated against it. They should be able to read, write and speak in that language/dialect.
The post involves All India Transfer liability. Therefore, the candidates willing to serve anywhere in India only need to apply.
IB Security Assistant Exam Calendar
Intelligence Bureau releases notification for Security Assistant examination every year. Tentative dates for the examination process are listed in IB exam calendar.
IB Security Assistant Exam Dates 2021
|On line Application Last date Registration||To be notified later|
|On line Application and Payment of fee On-Line||To be notified later|
|Availability of Call Letters on IB website (for On-Line Examinations)||To be notified later|
|Phase I On-Line Examination||To be notified later|
|Phase II On-Line Examination||To be notified later|
|Phase III Interview||To be notified later|
IB Security Assistant Exam Centers
IB Security Assistant Salary
Intelligence Bureau Security Assistant has very good opportunities for promotion depending upon their performance. Being a central government service the post has handsome salary and other perks and allowances. The post is non-ministerial and non-gazetted.The Salary for IB Security Assistant is mention below:-
|Security Assistant/Executive||Rs. 5200-20200 with Grade Pay of Rs. 2000 (PB-1) plus admissible Central Govt. allowances. [Under revision as per the recommendations of 7th C.P.C.]|
IB Security Assistant Related Quick Links
Boost your preparation with Beepedia
High Quality Mock Test for you
Free Important Video Lectures
- NABARD Grade A Mains 2021: How to Prepare for Descriptive ARD?
- IBPS RRB PO 2021 Interview Call Letter Out!: Prepare for Interview with ixamBee!
- Approaching GIC Assistant Manager Interview
- NABARD Grade A Exam 2021: Mains Syllabus for Finance Stream
- This Diwali, Celebrate Big with ixamBee: Make the most of the coaching for government jobs
- NABARD Grade A Mains 2021 Exam Date Announced!! All Details at ixamBee
- NABARD Grade B Mains 2021 Exam Date Announced: Check Here
- IBPS PO Prelims 2020 Exam Analysis: Section-wise Cut-Off Score
- Approaching GIC Group Discussion
- List of Nobel Prize Winners 2021
Would you like to rate us 5 star.