Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
Important Exams Links
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Basic Information
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Notification
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Eligibility Criteria
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Exam Pattern
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Syllabus
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Calendar
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Apply Now
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Application Fee
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Exam Center
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Admit Card
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Free Mock Test
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Additional Information
MAT Exam Highlights
Management Aptitude Test, popularly known as MAT is an all India level test which is conducted by the All India Management Association (AIMA). This test is being conducted since the year 1988. MAT is conducted four times in a year through which AIMA selects eligible candidates for the MBA course in 600 Business Schools (B-Schools) of India. It is an excellent opportunity for MBA aspirants who wish to get admission into one of the best Business Schools in the country. The main highlights of the MAT exam 2021are given below.
MAT Exam Highlights 2021
|Conducting Authority||Managment Aptitude Test (MAT)|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Two Stages-
|Periodicity||4 times a year|
|Maximum marks & Time duration||200 marks 150 minutes|
|Last Date for Online Registration(PBT)||29 August 2021|
|Last Date for Online Registration(CBT)||4 September 2021|
|Official Notification PDF||To be Notified Later|
The Management Aptitude Test or MAT is held four times a year in the months of February, May, September & December. The test is conducted by AIMA and is based on a fixed pattern. The test is conducted in two modes: Paper-Based & Computer-Based. Candidates also have the choice of opting for both kinds of tests (PBT & CBT). Those who opt for both the tests will have to pay an additional fee and will have the benefit of choosing 2 more Management Institutes for sending their scores. Originally, the candidates can choose 5 Management Institutes.
Eligibility Criteria 2021
All the candidates who are interested to appear for MAT 2021 Examination should possess certain eligibility criteria failing which the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the MAT Entrance. The All India Management Association or (AIMA) mentions a fixed eligibility criterion for the candidates willing to apply for MAT Entrance.
The most important criteria on the basis of which the candidate will be eligible for the exam is the required educational qualification. All the candidates applying for the MAT Entrance should possess a fixed educational degree, failing which they will not be able to apply for the exam.
- A candidate willing to appear for MAT 2021 Entrance should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized board/University.
|MAT||A candidate willing to appear for MAT 2021 Entrance should be a Graduate in any discipline from a recognized board/University.|
The Management Aptitude Test or MAT is conducted by AIMA in both online and offline mode. The choice is up to the candidates which of these modes they want to opt for. AIMA conducts a Paper Based Test & a Computer Based Test. Candidates also have an option for appearing in both the tests for which they need to pay an extra fee. Both these tests will be conducted on two different days.
|S. No.||Sections||No. of Questions||Duration|
|1||Language Comprehension||40||2 hours 30 minutes|
|3||Data Analysis and Sufficiency||40|
|4||Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||40|
|5||Indian and Global Environment||40|
- There will be a total of 200 objective-type questions from five sections: Language Comprehension, Intelligence and Critical Reasoning, Data Analysis and Sufficiency, Mathematical Skills, and Indian and Global Environment.
- Each section will have 40 questions.
- The total timing of the test will be 2 hours & 30 minutes (150 minutes).
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks.
- The obtained scores in the section of the Indian & Global Environment will not be taken into account to calculate the merit or percentile score in the MAT scorecard.
The Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a golden opportunity for all the candidates who are interested in getting themselves admitted into one of the best Business Schools (B-Schools) of India. You need to be aware of the complete information related to the exam as it may help you with complete & full-proof exam preparation. To score good you need to perfect in all the subjects/sections to improve your score. The next upcoming MAT 2021 Entrance is set to be conducted in February and thus before you start your preparation, you need to note down the complete syllabus of the MAT 2021 Exam. There will be five sections/ subjects in the MAT 2021 Entrance and you need to prepare all these subjects in a proper manner.
|English Language||Verb, Noun, Pronoun, Adjective, Adverb, Speech, Sentence making and correction, Antonyms, Synonyms, One word substitution, Idioms/Phrases, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Grammar, Fill in the blanks, Para Jumble|
|Data Analysis & Sufficiency||Data Charts, Graphs -Line X-Y graphs, Bar diagrams & charts including Simple, Stacked, Composite Bar charts, Pie charts, Data tables, Caselet based data, Data sufficiency, Venn diagram, Mixed charts and graphs|
|Mathematical Skills||Number systems, Percentages, Profit and loss, Partnerships, Time and Work, Pipes and Cisterns, Ratio and Proportion, Mixtures and Alligations, Time speed and Distance, Averages, Profit and loss, AP, GP, HP, Permutations and Combinations, Probability, Functions and Graphs, Linear and Special Equations|
|Intelligence and Critical Reasoning||Family tree, Course of Action, Arrangement, Pie Chart, Calendars, Statement Conclusions, Strong Arguments and Weak Arguments, Puzzles, Series, Blood Relations, Coding & Decoding, Column graphs, Multi-dimensional arrangements, Visual reasoning, Numeric grid, Critical Reasoning, Syllogisms, Graphs representing Area|
|Indian and Global environment||Current affairs, Top officials of big companies, Punch line of companies, Important Quotations, Sports, Science, World Records, Famous awards and Prizes, History, Social issues, Finance, Entertainment, Business, Books and Authors, International Organisation, Geography, Major Corporate news, Politics|
The Management Aptitude Test or MAT 2021 test will be conducted in two modes: Paper Based Test & Computer Based Test. Candidates can also go for both the tests which will be conducted on two different dates. Candidates who are eligible and interested to get admission in the <MBA course should register themselves for the MAT 2021 Examination and avoid any kind of delay. The registration can be done only through online mode. Refer to the table for more details:
|Last Date for Online Registration(PBT)||August 29, 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card(PBT)||August 30, 2021|
|Test Date(PBT)||September 05, 2021|
|Last Date for Online Registration (CBT)||August 14, 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card(CBT)||August 17, 2021|
|Test Date(CBT)||August 21, 2021|
|Result||To be notified|
How to Apply Online
All the candidates interested in applying for MAT 2021 (Feb) Entrance should be aware of the complete application process. If you fail to apply correctly, you will not be able to appear for the examination. The application will have to be done online. You also need to fill in all the correct details in the application form. There are some simple steps for the same:
- Create your login first by visiting the AIMA website mat.aima.in
- Login using your email, password & date of birth. After entering all the details you will have to click on “submit”.
- You will be directed to the registration form and there you need to fill in all your details along with your choice of Management Colleges.
- The next step would be to upload your photograph & signature.
- The scanned photograph should be in jpeg /jpg format with size within 40 Kb - 150 Kb.
- The signature should also be in pg/jpeg within the size of 10Kb - 150 Kb.
- Submit the online application fee through one of the online payment options given there.
- View your final registration form and you can download and keep the copy with you or take a print of the same.
The candidates applying for MAT 2021 Entrance should keep in mind that the application process will not be complete unless they submit the online application fee. The fee amount will be the same for both PBT & CBT. Candidates opting for both PBT & CBT will have to pay an additional fee Refer to the table below for more details.
|Paper-Based Test(PBT)||Rs. 1650|
|Computer Based Test(CBT)||Rs. 1650|
|Both CBT And PBT||Rs. 2750|
AIMA conducts the Management Aptitude Test four times in a year. The next MAT Entrance is scheduled to be held in September. There will be two tests: Paper-Based & Computer-Based. Both the exams will be held on two different days and in different cities. AIMAwill allot different exam centres in various states & cities. All the candidates will have to reach to their allotted centres at their own risk & expenses.
|Exam Centers (PBT)|
|MAT Exam Centers (CBT)|
AIMA will conduct the MAT 2021 Entrance in the month of February and the admit card for the same will be released a few days before the exam. All the candidates who will register for PBT/CBT or both will have to download their admit card from the official website of AIMA. The admit card will contain all details regarding the exam date, day, timings & centre. The admit card has to be produced along with a valid ID proof on the day of the MAT Entrance Exam. The admit card for Paper Based Test can be downloaded from the official website.
Free Mock Test
Management Aptitude Test or as popularly called MAT is a great opportunity for the candidates willing to enrol themselves in a good business school to study MBA. It covers around 600 colleges and thus the opportunities are vast. To ensure that you do not miss this golden chance, you should be on your toes as far as the MAT exam preparation is concerned. To help you with the preparation ixamBee is providing free mock tests for MAT 2021. Practicing mock test regularly will help you in improving your speed as well as accuracy. Mock tests help in identifying the weaker & stronger areas which will further help in preparing for the exam in a proper manner.
The scores obtained by the candidates in the MAT Entrance will be accepted in various other colleges also except the ones mentioned in the list of B-Schools of AIMA. There might be other additional parameters and cut-off scores for the admission process.
Management Aptitude Test (MAT) Related Quick Links
Boost your preparation with Beepedia
High Quality Mock Test for you
Free Important Video Lectures
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1:Can those students who are appearing in final year of Graduation apply for MAT 2021 Entrance?
A:Yes. Those who are in the final year of their Graduation / Semester may also apply.
Q2:Can I choose Hindi as the exam language in MAT 2021 Entrance Exam?
A:No. You cannot choose Hindi as an exam language in MAT 2021 Entrance.
Q3:Is the MAT 2021 Entrance Examination ONLINE or OFFLINE ?
A:The MAT 2021 Entrance Test will be in both modes: Online (CBT) & Offline (PBT).
Q4:How many attempts can be given in MAT 2021 Entrance Exam?
A:There is no such restriction on the number of attempts in MAT 2021 Entrance Exam.
Q5:What is the age limit for the MAT 2021 Entrance?
A:AIMA has not mentioned any such age limit for MAT 2021 It has only mentioned Graduation as the minimum eligibility.
Q6:Are there any changes in the MAT 2021 Entrance Examination?
A:No. There is no change in MAT 2021 (September) Entrance.
- How to Crack SEBI Grade 2022 Exam in First Attempt? Best Tips for You!
- RBI Grade B DEPR Success Story: A Tale of Rising above Odds
- World Environmental Health Day: Theme 2021, Significance and More!
- NABARD Grade B Prelims 2021 Exam Analysis
- How to Crack SEBI Grade A 2022 Without Coaching?
- International Day of Peace: History, Theme, Significance and More!
- PFRDA Exam 2021: An Opportunity for IT Graduates
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: Know How Manshul Cracked the Code!
- Important Government Schemes for NABARD 2021 Exam
- RBI Grade B 2021 Success Stories: Sethu’s Inspiring Journey
Would you like to rate us 5 star.