South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Highlights
South Indian Bank is a major commercial bank that is located in Thrissur, Kerala. It releases its recruitment notification for PO & Clerk every year. South Indian Bank will soon invite applications from all the eligible candidates for the Clerk exam 2020. All the interested candidates can apply for the Clerk as per the eligibility. All the banking job aspirants wait for the notification eagerly as it gives a chance to work in one of the major private sector banks in the country which provides position as well as facilities There will be a single level online test for the Post of Clerks.
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Highlights
|Conducting Authority||South Indian Bank of India|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application form release||To be announced soon|
|Application form last date||To be announced soon|
|Stages of Exam||Online Exam|
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Notification
South Indian Bank recruitment2020 can be expected to be out soon. Being one of the most awaited notifications, the candidates need to be careful about their exam preparation. South Indian Bank will conduct an online examination based on a set exam pattern. Therefore all interested candidates can start preparing for South Indian Bank Clerk 2020 Examination.
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Syllabus
South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk Recruitment is a single level online test and therefore there is only once chance to give your best for selection. Thus, you should make sure that you prepare in a proper manner and make it a point to note down the complete syllabus of South Indian Bank Clerk 2020 Exam. You should note the syllabus for all subjects from which the questions will be asked.
South Indian Bank Clerk Syllabus
To start off with the preparation, you will first need the syllabus of the South Indian Bank Clerk 2020 Exam,so that you know what to study. Refer to the complete syllabus here:
- Word formation
- Idioms and phrases
- Fill in the suitable words
- Spotting errors
- Sentence correction
- Active/ passive voice
- Phrases and idioms
- Direct and indirect speech
- Reading Comprehension
- Passage completion
- Theme detection
- Deriving conclusion
- Rearrangement of passage
Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Pie charts
- Bar & Graphs
- Line charts
- Mixed DI
- Missing DI
- Word formation
- Statement and conclusions
- Statement and assumptions
- Statement and arguments
- Coding decoding
- Blood relations
- Passage and conclusions
- Alphabet test
- Series test
- Number, ranking and time sequence
- Direction sense test
- Decision-making test
- Figure series
- Assertion and reasoning
- Sitting arrangement
- Odd figure out
- Series test
- Miscellaneous test
- Banking Terms
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Overview of Indian Financial System
- History of Indian Banking System
- Recent credit and monetary policies
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market
- Introduction to national financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc.
- Introdcution to International organisations like IMF,World Bank, ADB, UN etc.
- Current affairs related tonational and international issuesof last 6 months
- History of computers
- Basics of hardware and software
- Windows operating system
- Basics Internet
- Terms and services
- Basic functionalities of MS-Office (MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-powerpoint)
- Networking and communication
- Database basics
- Basics of hacking,
- Security tools and viruses
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Pattern
South Indian Bank follows a fixed selection process through which it selects eligible candidates for the Post of Probationary Clerk. There are two main stages in South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk Recruitment :
1. Online Test
The first phase of the selection process will be a single level online test which will contain objective type questions.
- The questions will only be available in English. Therefore the default language of the test will be English for all sections.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4th marks.
South Indian Bank Clerk Online Test Pattern
The first stage of South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk 2020 Recruitment will consist of a single level online test which will consist of questions from four sections from Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General / Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language and Data Analysis & Interpretation. There will be 40 questions in each section and all sections will carry 50 marks each. Therefore the total number of questions will be 160 and total marks will be 200.
- There will be separate ‘sectional’ timings for each section which will vary.
- All the sections except that of General Awareness will consist of sectional timing of 40 minutes each, whereas General Awareness section will be allotted only 20 minutes.
- Candidates need to be careful due to the penalty of 1/4th marks. This means that for every incorrect answer, 1/4th marks allotted to that question will be deducted. .
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No.of Qs.||Max.Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||40 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||20 minutes|
|3||English Language||40||50||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||40 minutes|
South Indian Bank Clerk GD & Interview
The candidates who manage to qualify the first stage of South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk 2020 Test will be called for a Personal Interview. Candidates should be well prepared for this second stage as the final selection will be based on the consolidated marks of the Online Test & Personal Interview
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Dates
Apart from the preparation, all candidates should also be well aware of the important dates of the exam. The online application process for South Indian Bank 2020 Probationary Clerk Recruitment dates will be mentioned in the official notification. Being a single level test, the competition can also be expected to be high enough, so a candidate must keep his/her preparation up to date.
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Dates
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Online Application - Start Date||To be Notify soon|
|Online Application – End Date||To be Notify soon|
|Online Test||To be Notify soon|
South Indian Bank Clerk Salary
The candidate who gets selected in the final stage of South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk selection process will receive salary as per the National Level Bipartite Settlement in the Banking industry. The pay scale of a South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk will be Rs. 11765 – 655/3 – 13730 – 815/3 – 16175 – 980/4 – 20095 – 1145/7 – 28110 – 2120/1 – 30230 – 1310/1 - 31540.
|Probationary Clerk||Rs. 11765 – 655/3 – 13730 – 815/3 – 16175 – 980/4 – 20095 – 1145/7 – 28110 – 2120/1 – 30230 – 1310/1 - 3154|
South Indian Bank Clerk Job Profile
A candidate who gets selected as a Probationary Clerk in South Indian Bank will be initially on a probation period of 6 months. The candidate will be confirmed on the Clerk position based on his/her performance during probation period. After the probation period is completed, the candidate will be permanent on the Post of Clerk. Some basic duties of a South Indian Bank Clerk will include:
- Business Development
- Cash deposit/withdrawals
- Customer interaction
- Maintaining daily transactions in the system
- Handling customer complaints
- Cheque verification
South Indian Bank Clerk Vacancy
South Indian Bank will release the vacancies for two zones: North & South Zone. The number of vacancies are different in both the zones. Further the vacancies can also vary for all categories. Interestingly, there are less number of states covered in the South zone as compared to the North zone. Candidates can have a look in to the table given below-
|Zone||Number of Vacancies|
South Indian Bank Clerk Eligibility Criteria
Before filling up any application form, it is important to gather complete information about the exam. As the South Indian Bank 2020 Clerk Recruitment Notification is not out but a candidate should be aware of its eligibility criteria so that he/she do not face any problem later. A candidate needs to follow a certain eligibility criteria failing which he/she will not be able to appear for the exam. Let’s look into the detailed eligibility criteria of South Indian Bank 2020 Recruitment for Probationary Clerks.
South Indian Bank Clerk Educational Qualification
Each candidate interested in applying for an exam, should be aware that he/she needs to possess an educational qualification to be eligible for the exam. South Indian Bank 2020 Clerk Recruitment Notification mentions that all the candidates who are willing to apply for the Post of Probationary Clerk should possess the following qualifications:
- X/SSLC/XII/HSC and Graduation with a minimum 60 % marks under regular course from a recognized University/Board.
- If CGPA is awarded in place of percentage then candidates having CGPA score equal to or more than 60% can only apply.
|Probationary Clerk||X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60% marks under regular course|
If someone does not possess the mentioned qualifications, his/her application will not be successful.
South Indian Bank Clerk Age Criteria
Apart from the educational qualification needed for successful application of South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment, candidates also need to be within the prescribed age limit as mentioned in the official notification of South Indian Bank Clerk. For a candidate to be eligible age-wise, he/she should not be more than 26 years.
|Probationary Clerk||Not more than 26 years. Candidate should be born not earlier than 01.07.1993 and not later than 30.06.2000 (both days inclusive). Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates|
- For a candidate to be eligible age-wise, he/she should not be more than 26 years.
- The candidate should not be older than the above mentioned age as on the date mentioned in the official notification.
South Indian Bank Clerk Age Relaxation
South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk Recruitment 2020 Notification also consists of a provision for relaxation in the upper age limit of the candidates. South Indian Bank will provide a relaxation in upper age limit for the candidates who belong to SC/ST category. They will get a relaxation of 5 years in South Indain Bank Probationary Clerk 2020 Recruitment.
South Indian Bank Clerk How to Apply
Before applying for any examination and one like South Indian Bank Clerk Recruitment, you should know the complete application process. You can divide the process into a few simple steps as follows:
- Go to the official website of South Indian Bank: ‘www.southindianbank.com’ and click on the APPLY ONLINE option.
- You will be redirected to the first page of the application form where you will be required to fill in all the basic details after clicking on “Click here for New Registration” and after that you may click on the Save & Next button to move forward.
- You will now be redirected to the second page of the form where you will be asked to upload your scanned passportsize photograph, handwritten declaration, left thumb impression and signature based on the specifications mentioned therein and click on the next button.
- After you move on to the next page, you will have to fill in your personal details including your educational qualifications, other qualifications and experience.
- After you are finished with entering the details, the preview of your form will be shown, so that if you find any errors, you may edit and correct it. Once the application is submitted, you will not be able to edit it.
- At the end, you will have to choose a preferable online payment method to submit the application fee for South Indian Bank Clerk. You can pay the fees through credit card / debit card / net banking etc.
- Click on the 'Submit' button to complete the application.
Guidelines to Upload Documents
- Size should be 20kb - 50 kb.
- Dimensions: 200*230 pixels
- Should be passportsize colour picture.
Left Thumb Impression:
- Should be made on a white paper with black or blue ink.
- File Size: 20 KB - 50 KB
- Dimensions: 240 * 240 pixels
- File type: jpg/jpeg
Hand - written Declaration
- It should not be written in capital letters.
- Should be only in English on a white paper with black or blue ink.
- Dimensions: 800*400 pixels (10 cm * 5 cm)
- File type: 50 KB - 100 KB
- Text will be as follows:
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Should be done on a white paper with black ink.
- Should NOT be in capital letters.
South Indian Bank Clerk Application Fee
The application process for South Indian Bank 2020 Probationary Clerk Recruitment will not be considered complete of the payment part remains incomplete. Until and unless candidate submits the online application fee, he/she will not be eligible to appear in South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk 2020 Exam. The fee has to be paid in online mode and the amount will be different for all categories.
|General Category||Rs. 600/-|
|SC/ST category||Rs. 150/-|
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Centre
South Indian Bank will release the recruitment notification for the Post of Probationary Clerks and it will conduct an online examination for the same. The online test will be held in various centres allotted by South Indain Bank across various states in India. All candidates will be allotted various exam centres accordingly. The tentative list of exam centres released in the South Indian Bank Recruitment 2020 Notification is as follows:
|State/ UT/ NCR||Centre|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh - Mohali|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthpuram, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Thoothukodi, Tirunelvelli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut|
|West Bengal||Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Howrah, Kolkata, Siliguri|
South Indian Bank Clerk Exam Admit Card
The South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk 2020 Recruitment Exam will be conducted once the online application form date ends and the admit card for the same will be released on the official website of South Indian Bank few days before the exam. Candidates can download the admit cards and will have to bring them on the exam day with passport size photograph affixed along with a valid identity proof.
South Indian Bank Clerk Previous Year Cut-off
To ensure success in South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk Examination, it will be beneficial to have complete information which will assist in your exam preparation. Previous year cut-off is one of the most important information that every candidate should have while he/she prepares for the exam. It gives you an idea about the pattern being followed in the selection process of an exam. Therefore you should take note of the previous year cut-offs for South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk Exam. Refer to the previous year cut-offs below:
Overall Cut Off for South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk :
South Indian Bank Clerk Free Mock Tests
After completing all steps of application, the next important step is preparing for South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk Examination. When the exam date starts approaching, it is important to keep in mind that online practice forms a very important part of the preparation process. Make sure that every day you practice at least one online test which will give you a clear idea about the type of questions and pattern of the exam. You can practice online free mock tests of ixamBee for South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk.
South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk Related Quick Links
No, there is no specific requirement. You should just have a good working internet for attending Live classes and watching the Video Lessons.
Click here to subscribe to Online Course for IBPS PO 2020. In case of more clarification/assistance is required, please call at 92055 24028 or send an email to hello@ixamBee.com.
The Video Lessons are available for viewing on ixamBee Website/Dashboard. You need to login to www.ixamBee.com > Dashboard > Online Class Material > SBI/IBPS PO 2020 Online Course > Select the subject and click on the Video Lesson you want to watch from the list.
- SEBI Grade A 2020
- LIC AAO
- SBI PO 2020
- SBI Clerk 2020
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant
- NABARD GRADE A 2020
- RBI Grade B 2020
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I)
- IBPS PO
- SSC CGL
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant
- IBPS SO
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2020
- NABARD Grade B 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- IBPS PO Dummy
- RRB JE
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2020
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC 2019
- Nainital Bank 2020
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2020
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2020
- IELTS Exam 2020
- Central Bank of India SO
- Dummy page
- Jaiib Exam