South Indian Bank PO
Important Exams Links
- South Indian Bank PO Notification 2020
- South Indian Bank PO Exam Pattern 2020
- South Indian Bank PO Syllabus 2020
- South Indian Bank PO Eligibility Criteria 2020
- South Indian Bank PO Calendar 2020
- South Indian Bank PO Previous Year Cut Off
- South Indian Bank PO Free Mock Test 2020
- South Indian Bank PO Admit Card 2020
South Indian Bank PO Exam Highlights
South Indian Bank is a major private sector banking organization that is located in Thrissur, Kerala. It releases its recruitment notification for PO & Clerk almost every year. South Indian Bank recruitment 2020 will take place soon and it will invite applications from all the eligible candidates for the same. All the interested candidates can apply for the post as per the eligibility. The South Indian Bank PO 2020 notification will have the following details mentioned in this exam page.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Highlights
|Conducting Authority||South Indian Bank of India|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application form release||To be notified later|
|Application form last date||To be notified later|
|Stages of Exam||Online Exam, Interview|
South Indian Bank PO Exam Notification
South Indian Bank PO notification 2020 will have all the details related to exam date, exam pattern, application commencement dates etc. A candidate must go through the official notification carefully so that he/she do not miss any details. Being one of the most awaited notifications, the candidates need to be careful about their exam preparation. South Indian Bank will conduct an online examination which will be based on the regular online pattern similar to other online examinations. Therefore all interested candidates should start preparation from now on.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Syllabus
To excel in any examination you need to be aware of the complete information of the exam. Before you start preparing for South Indian Bank PO Recruitment Exam 2020, you should be completely aware of the syllabus of the exam. The online test consists of various subjects from which objective questions will be asked. Thus, you should plan your preparation only after noting down the complete syllabus.
|English Language||Data Analysis & Interpretation||Reasoning||General Awareness||Computer Knowledge|
|Synonyms||Pie charts||Analogy||Banking Terms||History of computers|
|Homonyms||Tables||Classification||Abbreviations and Economic terminologies||Basics of hardware and software|
|Antonyms||Bar & Graphs||Word formation||Overview of Indian Financial System||Windows operating system|
|Spelling||Line charts||Statement and conclusions||History of Indian Banking System||Basics Internet|
|Word formation||Mixed DI||Syllogism||Recent credit and monetary policies||Terms and services|
|Idioms and phrases||Missing DI||Statement and assumptions||Important Government Schemes on capital & money market||Basic functionalities of MS-Office (MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)|
|Fill in the suitable words||Statement and arguments||Introduction to national financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc.||Networking and communication|
|Grammar||Coding decoding||Introdcution to International organisations like IMF,World Bank, ADB, UN etc.||Database basics|
|Spotting errors||Blood relations||Current affairs related tonational and international issuesof last 6 months||Basics of hacking,|
|Sentence correction||Passage and conclusions||Security tools and viruses|
|Active/ passive voice||Alphabet test|
|Phrases and idioms||Series test|
|Direct and indirect speech||Number, ranking and time sequence|
|Reading Comprehension||Direction sense test|
|Passage completion||Decision-making test|
|Theme detection||Figure series|
|Rearrangement of passage||Assertion and reasoning|
|Odd figure out|
South Indian Bank PO Exam Pattern
Like all other banking examinations, South Indian Bank also follows a set pattern for its online examination. South Indian Bank PO Recruitment Notification 2020 will have the following mode of selection mentioned below-
1. Online Test
2. Group Discussion
The first phase of the selection process will be a single level online test which will contain objective type questions.
- The questions will only be available in English. Therefore the default language of the test will be English for all sections.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4th marks.
South Indian Bank PO Online Test Pattern
The first stage of South Indian Bank PO Recruitment will consist of an objective type online test which will consist of questions from four sections from Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General / Economy / Banking Awareness, English Language and Data Analysis & Interpretation. There will be 40 questions in each section and all sections will carry 50 marks each. Therefore the total number of questions will be 160 and total marks will be 200.
- There will be separate ‘sectional’ timings for each section which will vary.
- All the sections will have a sectional timing of 40 minutes each, whereas General Awareness section will be allotted only 20 minutes.
- Candidates need to be careful due to the penalty of 1/4th marks. This means that for every incorrect answer, 1/4th marks allotted to that question will be deducted. .
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No.of Qs.||Max.Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||40 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||20 minutes|
|3||English Language||40||50||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||40 minutes|
South Indian Bank PO GD & Interview
All the candidates who manage to qualify the first stage of South Indian Bank PO Recruitment online test, will be shortlisted based on their scores for the next stage of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The final selection will depend on the consolidated marks obtained in all the three stages of South Indian Bank PO 2020 which are Online Test, Group Discussion & Interview.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Dates
Apart from the preparation, all candidates should also be well aware of the important dates of the exam. The notification of South Indian Bank PO 2020 will have all the details regarding the exam date. The candidate must go through the official notification carefully so that he/she do not miss any details related to the exam pattern.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Dates
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Online Application - Start Date||To be notified later|
|Online Application – End Date||To be notified later|
|Online Test||To be notified later|
South Indian Bank PO Salary
The candidate who gets selected in the final stage of South Indian Bank PO 2020 will receive salary as per IBA guidelines. The pay scale of a South Indian Bank PO will be Rs 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 - 42020. The candidates will also receive other facilities like DA, HRA & other allowances. The South Indian Bank Officers under Scale I will also be eligible for incentives based on performance.
|Probationary Officer||IBA approved pay scale of Rs. 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 - 42020 plus DA, HRA & other allowances|
South Indian Bank PO Job Profile
A candidate selected as a Probationary Officer in South Indian Bank will be initially on a probation period of 2 years. The respective candidate will be confirmed on the position of Officer based on his/her performance during probation period. Once permanent, candidates can be given any kind of role/responsibilities in any branch/office/department depending on the bank’s requirements. Some basic duties will include:
- Business Development
- Marketing tasks
- Duties in forex / treasury / central processing centres etc.
- Basic branch banking duties
South Indian Bank PO Vacancy
Since the official notification of South Indian Bank PO 2020 is not out so the exact number cannot be told. But the number of vacancies can be expected to be in lines with 2019 vacancies. Keeping this in mind, the candidates should not change their focus and work hard towards the goal of becoming a South Indian Bank PO. We will also update once the South Indian Bank notification for PO 2020 is out.
South Indian Bank PO Eligibility Criteria
Before filling up any application form, it is important to know complete information about the exam. Therefore it is always advised to know the complete eligibility criteria of an exam so that a candidate application is not rejected at the later stage. The detailed eligibility criteria of South Indian Bank Recruitment for Probationary Officers 2020 is given below.
South Indian Bank PO Educational Qualification
To apply for any examination, all applicants need to possess certain educational qualification. It is always better to ensure the eligibility qualifications beforehand. South Indian Bank Recruitment Notification 2020 will have the educational criteria mentioned below-
- X/SSLC/XII/HSC and Graduation with a minimum 60 % marks under regular course from a recognized University/Board.
- If CGPA is awarded in place of percentage then candidates having CGPA score equal to or more than 60% can only apply.
|Probationary Officer||X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60% marks under regular course|
If someone does not possess the mentioned qualifications, his/her application will not be successful.
South Indian Bank PO Age Criteria
Apart from the educational criteria needed for successful application of South Indian Bank PO Recruitment 2020, candidates also need to be eligible with respect to the age. A candidate has to be within the prescribed age limit to be able to apply for the post.
|Probationary Officer||Not more than 25 years. Candidate should be born not earlier than 01.07.1994 and not later than 30.06.2000 (both days inclusive).Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates|
- For a candidate to be eligible age-wise, he/she should not be more than 25 years.
- The candidate should not be older than the prescribed age as on the date mentioned in the official notification of South Indian Bank 2020.
South Indian Bank PO Age Relaxation
South Indian Bank Recruitment Notification 2020 will also have provision for relaxation in the upper age limit of the candidates. All the candidates who belong to SC/ST category will be eligible for a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit. All the other candidates will follow the general age criteria. This provides an advantage to the SC/ST candidates.
South Indian Bank PO How to Apply
Before applying for any examination and one like South Indian Bank PO Recruitment 2020, you should know the complete application process. You can divide the process into a few simple steps as follows:
- Go to the official website of South Indian Bank: ‘www.southindianbank.com’ and click on the APPLY ONLINE option.
- You will be redirected to the first page of the application form where you will be required to fill in all the basic details after clicking on “Click here for New Registration” and after that you may click on the Save & Next button to move forward.
- You will now be redirected to the second page of the form where you will be asked to upload your scanned passport size photograph, handwritten declaration, left thumb impression and signature based on the specifications mentioned therein and click on the next button.
- After you move on to the next page, you will have to fill in your personal details including your educational qualifications, other qualifications and experience.
- After you are finished with entering the details, the preview of your form will be shown, so that if you find any errors, you may edit and correct it. Once the application is submitted, you will not be able to edit it.
- At the end, you will have to choose a preferable online payment method to submit the application fee for South Indian Bank PO 2020. You can pay the fees through credit card / debit card / net banking etc.
- Click on the 'Submit' button to complete the application.
Guidelines to Upload Documents
- Size should be 20kb - 50 kb.
- Dimensions: 200*230 pixels
- Should be passport size colour picture.
Left Thumb Impression:
- Should be made on a white paper with black or blue ink.
- File Size: 20 KB - 50 KB
- Dimensions: 240 * 240 pixels
- File type: jpg/jpeg
Hand - written Declaration
- It should not be written in capital letters.
- Should be only in English on a white paper with black or blue ink.
- Dimensions: 800*400 pixels (10 cm * 5 cm)
- File type: 50 KB - 100 KB
- Text will be as follows:
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Should be done on a white paper with black ink.
- Should NOT be in capital letters.
South Indian Bank PO Application Fee
The most important part of the application process is the final step of online payment. Unless you submit the online application fee of South Indian Bank PO 2020, your form will not be considered complete. The fee will have to be paid only in online mode. The fee amount may vary according to the categories. You can take a print of the ‘E-Receipt’ generated by the system.
|General Category||Rs. 800/-|
|SC/ST category||Rs. 200/-|
South Indian Bank PO Exam Centre
South Indian Bank will select certain centres all over India in various states/cities to conduct the online examination. These centres will be mentioned in the respective call letters. The Bank would not entertain any request for change in the centres. Bank reserves the right to allot centres to candidates according to the number of applicants preferring for a particular centre in the application form. All candidates will have to appear for the exam at the centre on their own expenses. The tentative list of exam centres for the South Indian Bank Recruitment 2020 are as follows:
|State/ UT/ NCR||Centre|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh - Mohali|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthpuram, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Thoothukodi, Tirunelvelli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut|
|West Bengal||Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Howrah, Kolkata, Siliguri|
South Indian Bank PO Exam Admit Card
After successful completion of the application process, the candidates will be initimated by South Indian Bank through email/SMS regarding the admit card/call letter for the Online Test. The call letter/admit card for the test can be downloaded from the official website of South Indian Bank. Candidates need to bring this call letter with their passport photograph affixed thereon along with a valid photo identity proof. The admit card/call letter for South Indian Bank PO Recruitment 2020 will contain all the details of the exam venue, date & time with other important instructions which need to be followed closely by the candidates.
South Indian Bank PO Previous Year Cut-off
South Indian Bank Recruitment is one of the most awaited notifications and therefore the competition can be expected to be tough. To beat the competition you need to be fully equipped with complete information and knowing the previous year cut-off for the South Indian Bank Exam would help to a great extent in preparing for the exam. It will give you an idea regarding the level of the exam and competition. Refer to the previous year cut-off here:
Overall Subject wise Cut Off for South Indian Bank Probationary Officer :
The table given below provides the overall cut-off for South Indian Bank Probationary Officer Exam.
Sectional Cut Off South Indian Bank Probationary Officer :
The table given below shows the sectional cut-off for South Indian Bank Probationary Officer Exam.
South Indian Bank PO Free Mock Tests
The online examination of South Indian Bank PO 2020 will be held once the official notification is out. So a candidate must prepare hard to nail the exam. Apart from that, it is very important to keep practicing online tests which will train you well for the exam day. ixamBee provides free online mock tests which will help in preparing well for the South Indian Bank PO Exam 2020. These mock test will help a candidate to face any challenge as these are prepared on the latest exam paper trends.
South Indian Bank PO Related Quick Links
- SEBI Grade A 2020
- LIC AAO
- SBI PO 2020
- SBI Clerk 2020
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant 2020
- NABARD GRADE A 2020
- RBI Grade B 2020
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I) 2020
- IBPS PO
- SSC CGL 2020
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant 2020
- IBPS SO
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2020
- NABARD Grade B 2020
- RRB Group D 2019-20 Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank Of India (BOI) Credit officer Exam 2020
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam 2020
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam 2020
- Railway Group D Recruitment Notification In Hindi
- Railway Group D Recruitment Exam 2018 Calendar In Hindi
- Railway Group D Recruitment Exam Pattern In Hindi
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant 2020
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- RRB JE
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2020
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC Exam 2020
- Nainital Bank 2020
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2020
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2020
- IELTS Exam 2020
- Central Bank of India SO
- Jaiib Exam
- J and K Bank PO 2020
- J and K Bank Clerk 2020
- PFRDA Grade A
- SBI CBO (Circle Based Officer) 2020
- Delhi Police Constable 2020
- National Housing Bank(NHB) 2020
- PNB SO (Specialist Officer) Exam 2020