South Indian Bank PO
South Indian Bank PO Exam Highlights
South Indian Bank is a major private sector banking organization that is located in Thrissur, Kerala. It releases its recruitment notification for PO & Clerk almost every year. South Indian Bank has now invited applications from eligible candidates for the post of Probationary Officers (PO). All the interested candidates can apply for the post as per the eligibility. This notification has been one of the most awaited by all the aspirants. A large number of candidates are expected to appear for the examination. There is a good number of vacancies announced by South Indian Bank.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Highlights
|Conducting Authority||South Indian Bank of India|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Application form release||To be announced soon|
|Application form last date||To be announced soon|
|Stages of Exam||Online Exam, Interview|
South Indian Bank PO Exam Notification
South Indian Bank has invited applications for the post of Probationary Officers in its recruitment notification which was released on 19th June 2019. The interested candidates must have applied for the same. Being one of the most awaited notifications, the candidates need to be careful about their exam preparation. South Indian Bank will conduct an online examination in the month of July which will be based on the regular online pattern similar to other online examinations. Therefore all interested candidates can start preparing for the same.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Pattern
Like all other banking examinations, South Indian Bank also follows a set pattern for its online examination. South Indian Bank PO 2019 Recruitment Notification mentions that the mode of selection for South Indian Bank PO will be:
1. Online Test
2. Group Discussion
The first phase of the selection process will be a single level online test which will contain objective type questions.
- The questions will only be available in English. Therefore the default language of the test will be English for all sections.
- There will be a negative marking of 1/4th marks.
South Indian Bank PO Online Test Pattern
The first stage of South Indian Bank PO Recruitment will consist of a single level online test which will consist of questions from four sections from Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, General Economy/Banking Awareness, English Language and Data Analysis & Interpretation. There will be 40 questions in each section and all sections will carry 50 marks each. Therefore the total number of questions will be 160 and total marks will be 200.
- There will be separate ‘sectional’ timings for each section which will vary.
- All the sections except that of General Awareness will consist of sectional timing of 40 minutes each, whereas General Awareness section will be allotted only 20 minutes.
- Candidates need to be careful due to the penalty of 1/4th marks. This means that for every incorrect answer, 1/4th marks allotted to that question will be deducted. .
|Sr.No.||Name of Tests||No.of Qs.||Max.Marks||Time allotted for each test (Separately timed)|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||40 minutes|
|2||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||20 minutes|
|3||English Language||40||50||40 minutes|
|4||Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||40 minutes|
South Indian Bank PO GD & Interview
All the candidates who manage to qualify the first stage of South Indian Bank PO Recruitment online test, will be shortlisted based on their scores for the next stage of Group Discussion and Personal Interview. The final selection will depend on the consolidated marks obtained in all the three stages of Online Test, Group Discussion & Interview. There may be changes in the selection process based on the number of applications made by the candidates.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Syllabus
To excel in any examination you need to be aware of the complete information of the exam. Before you start preparing for South Indian Bank PO 2019 Recruitment Exam, you should be completely aware of the syllabus of the exam. The online test consists of various subjects from which objective questions will be asked. Thus, you should plan your preparation only after noting down the complete syllabus.
South Indian Bank PO Syllabus
To start off with the preparation, you will first need the syllabus of the South Indian Bank PO 2019 Exam,so that you know what to study. Refer to the complete syllabus here:
- Word formation
- Idioms and phrases
- Fill in the suitable words
- Spotting errors
- Sentence correction
- Active/ passive voice
- Phrases and idioms
- Direct and indirect speech
- Reading Comprehension
- Passage completion
- Theme detection
- Deriving conclusion
- Rearrangement of passage
Data Analysis & Interpretation
- Pie charts
- Bar & Graphs
- Line charts
- Mixed DI
- Missing DI
- Word formation
- Statement and conclusions
- Statement and assumptions
- Statement and arguments
- Coding decoding
- Blood relations
- Passage and conclusions
- Alphabet test
- Series test
- Number, ranking and time sequence
- Direction sense test
- Decision-making test
- Figure series
- Assertion and reasoning
- Sitting arrangement
- Odd figure out
- Series test
- Miscellaneous test
- Banking Terms
- Abbreviations and Economic terminologies
- Overview of Indian Financial System
- History of Indian Banking System
- Recent credit and monetary policies
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market
- Introduction to national financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc.
- Introdcution to International organisations like IMF,World Bank, ADB, UN etc.
- Current affairs related tonational and international issuesof last 6 months
- History of computers
- Basics of hardware and software
- Windows operating system
- Basics Internet
- Terms and services
- Basic functionalities of MS-Office (MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- Networking and communication
- Database basics
- Basics of hacking,
- Security tools and viruses
South Indian Bank PO Eligibility Criteria
Before filling up any application form, it is important to know complete information about the exam. As the South Indian Bank 2019 Recruitment has been released long back, hopefully a large number of candidates must have applied for the same. It is always advised to know the complete eligibility criteria of an exam failing which your application may be rejected. Let’s look into the detailed eligibility criteria of South Indian Bank 2019 Recruitment for Probationary Officers.
South Indian Bank PO Educational Qualification
To apply for any examination, all applicants need to possess certain educational qualification which is always better to ensure beforehand. South Indian Bank 2019 Recruitment Notification mentions that all the candidates who are willing to apply for the post of Probationary Officer (PO) should possess the following qualification:
- X/SSLC/XII/HSC and Graduation with a minimum 60 % marks under regular course from a recognized University/Board.
- If CGPA is awarded in place of percentage then candidates having CGPA score equal to or more than 60% can only apply.
|Probationary Officer||X/ SSLC, XII/ HSC & Graduation with minimum 60% marks under regular course|
If someone does not possess the mentioned qualifications, his/her application will not be successful.
South Indian Bank PO Age Criteria
Apart from the educational criteria needed for successful application of South Indian Bank PO Recruitment, candidates also need to be eligible with respect to the age. A candidate has to be within the prescribed age limit to be able to apply for the post.
|Probationary Officer||Not more than 25 years. Candidate should be born not earlier than 01.07.1994 and not later than 30.06.2000 (both days inclusive).Upper age limit will be relaxed by 5 years in the case of SC/ST candidates|
- For a candidate to be eligible age-wise, he/she should not be more than 25 years.
- The candidate should not be born earlier than 01.07.1994 and not later than 30.06.2000 (including both days).
South Indian Bank PO Age Relaxation
South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019 Notification also mentions a provision for relaxation in the upper age limit of the candidates. All the candidates who belong to SC/ST category will be eligible for a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit. All the other candidates will follow the general age criteria. This provides an advantage to the SC/ST candidates.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Dates
As the notification for South Indian Bank was released few days back on 19th June thus the candidates should be ready with their preparation to crack the exam. But apart from the preparation, all candidates should also be well aware of the important dates of the exam. The online application process for South Indian Bank 2019 Recruitment ended on 30th June 2019 and the online test for South Indian Bank PO will be conducted on 25th July 2019. Thus, having not much time left at hand, candidates should be preparing at full pace if they want to grab this opportunity.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Dates
|Important Events||Important Dates|
|Online Application - Start Date||To be Notify soon|
|Online Application – End Date||To be Notify soon|
|Online Test||To be Notify soon|
South Indian Bank PO Salary
The candidate who gets selected in the final stage of South Indian Bank PO will receive salary as per IBA guidelines. The pay scale of a South Indian Bank PO will be Rs 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 - 42020. The candidates will also receive other facilities like DA, HRA & other allowances. The South Indian Bank Officers under Scale I will also be eligible for incentives based on performance.
|Probationary Officer||IBA approved pay scale of Rs. 23700– 980/7 – 30560- 1145/2 – 32850- 1310/7 - 42020 plus DA, HRA & other allowances|
South Indian Bank PO Vacancy
There is a good number of vacancies announced by South Indian Bank for the post of Probationary Officers (PO). There are a total of 160 vacancies released in South Indian Bank PO Recruitment 2019 Notification. Although this number may be treated as provisional and South Indian Bank can change the number of vacancies as per the requirements of the bank. Keeping this in mind, the candidates should not change their focus and work hard towards the goal of becoming a South Indian Bank PO.
South Indian Bank PO How to Apply
Before applying for any examination and one like South Indian Bank PO Recruitment, you should know the complete application process. You can divide the process into a few simple steps as follows:
- Go to the official website of South Indian Bank: ‘www.southindianbank.com’ and click on the APPLY ONLINE option.
- You will be redirected to the first page of the application form where you will be required to fill in all the basic details after clicking on “Click here for New Registration” and after that you may click on the Save & Next button to move forward.
- You will now be redirected to the second page of the form where you will be asked to upload your scanned passport size photograph, handwritten declaration, left thumb impression and signature based on the specifications mentioned therein and click on the next button.
- After you move on to the next page, you will have to fill in your personal details including your educational qualifications, other qualifications and experience.
- After you are finished with entering the details, the preview of your form will be shown, so that if you find any errors, you may edit and correct it. Once the application is submitted, you will not be able to edit it.
- At the end, you will have to choose a preferable online payment method to submit the application fee for SIB PO. You can pay the fees through credit card / debit card / net banking etc.
- Click on the 'Submit' button to complete the application.
Guidelines to Upload Documents
- Size should be 20kb - 50 kb.
- Dimensions: 200*230 pixels
- Should be passport size colour picture.
Left Thumb Impression:
- Should be made on a white paper with black or blue ink.
- File Size: 20 KB - 50 KB
- Dimensions: 240 * 240 pixels
- File type: jpg/jpeg
Hand - written Declaration
- It should not be written in capital letters.
- Should be only in English on a white paper with black or blue ink.
- Dimensions: 800*400 pixels (10 cm * 5 cm)
- File type: 50 KB - 100 KB
- Text will be as follows:
“I, _______ (Name of the candidate), hereby declare that all the information submitted by me in the application form is correct, true and valid. I will present the supporting documents as and when required.”
- Should be done on a white paper with black ink.
- Should NOT be in capital letters.
South Indian Bank PO Application Fee
The most important part of the application process is the final step of online payment. Unless you submit the online application fee your form will not be considered complete. The fee will have to be paid only in online mode. The fee amount may vary according to the categories. You can take a print of the ‘E-Receipt’ generated by the system.
|General Category||Rs. 800/-|
|SC/ST category||Rs. 200/-|
South Indian Bank PO Exam Admit Card
After successful completion of the application process, the candidates will be initimated by South Indian Bank through email/SMS regarding the admit card/call letter for the Online Test. the call letter/admit card for the test can be downloaded from the official website of South Indian Bank. Candidates need to bring this call letter with their passport photograph affixed thereon along with a valid photo identity proof. The admit card/call letter for South Indian Bank PO Recruitment will contain all the details of the exam venue, date & time with other important instructions which need to be followed closely by the candidates.
South Indian Bank PO Exam Centre
South Indian Bank will select certain centres all over India in various states/cities to conduct the online examination. These centres will be mentioned in the respective call letters. The Bank would not entertain any request for change in the centres. Bank reserves the right to accordingly allot centres to candidates according to the number of applicants preferring for a particular centre in the application form. All candidates will have to appear for the exam at the centre on their own expenses. The tentative list of exam centres released in the South Indian Bank Recruitment 2019 Notification is as follows:
|State/ UT/ NCR||Centre|
|Andhra Pradesh||Guntur, Hyderabad, Kakinada, Nellore, Rajahmundry, Tirupati, Vijaywada, Vishakhapatnam|
|Chandigarh||Chandigarh - Mohali|
|Chhattisgarh||Bhilai, Bilaspur, Raipur|
|Gujarat||Ahmedabad, Anand, Gandhinagar, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Karnataka||Bengaluru, Hubli, Mangalore, Mysore, Shimoga, Udipi|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Kannur, Kochi, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Thiruvananthpuram, Thrissur|
|Madhya Pradesh||Bhopal, Indore, Ujjain|
|Maharashtra||Aurangabad, Kolhapur, Mumbai/Thane/Navi Mumbai, Nagpur, Nasik, Pune|
|Punjab||Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana|
|Tamilnadu||Chennai, Coimbatore, Dindigul, Madurai, Nagercoil, Namakkal, Perambalur, Salem, Thanjavur, Thiruchirapalli, Thoothukodi, Tirunelvelli, Vellore|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Uttar Pradesh||Agra, Allahabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Meerut|
|West Bengal||Durgapur, Greater Kolkata, Howrah, Kolkata, Siliguri|
South Indian Bank PO Previous Year Cut-off
South Indian Bank Recruitment is one of the most awaited notifications and therefore the competition can be expected to be tough. To beat the competition you need to be fully equipped with complete information and knowing the previous year cut-off for the South Indian Bank Exam would help to a great extent in preparing for the exam. It will give you an idea regarding the level of the exam and competition. Refer to the previous year cut-off here:
Overall Subject wise Cut Off for South Indian Bank Probationary Officer :
The table given below provides the overall cut-off for South Indian Bank Probationary Officer Exam.
Sectional Cut Off South Indian Bank Probationary Officer :
The table given below shows the sectional cut-off for South Indian Bank Probationary Officer Exam.
South Indian Bank PO Job Profile
A candidate selected as a Probationary Officer in South Indian Bank will be initially on a probation period of 2 years. The respective candidate will be confirmed on the position of Officer based on his/her performance during probation period. Once permanent, candidates can be given any kind of role/responsibilities in any branch/office/department depending on the bank’s requirements. Some basic duties will include:
- Business Development
- Marketing tasks
- Duties in forex / treasury / central processing centres etc.
- Basic branch banking duties
South Indian Bank PO Free Mock Tests
The online examination of South Indian Bank PO 2019 Recruitment will be held on 25th July 2019 and therefore all the candidates should be gearing up for the exam now. This is the time to prepare hard and nail the exam. Gradually as the date of the exam comes near, you should move more towards revision and make it a point to refresh all that you have been studying till now. Apart from that, it is very important to keep practicing online tests which will train you well for the exam day. ixamBee provides free online mock tests which will help in preparing well for the South Indian Bank PO Exam.
- Merger of BNP Paribas (BNPP) Mutual Fund and the Baroda (BOB) Mutual Fund
- Moody’s cuts India’s growth forecast to 5.6%
- Wholesale inflation eases to 0.16 per cent in October
- SBI PO 2019
- SBI Clerk 2019
- IBPS CLERK
- RBI Assistant
- NABARD Grade A Exam
- RBI Grade B 2019
- Railway Recruitment (ALP/TECH.)
- IBPS RRB Group 'A' Officers (Scale-I)
- IBPS PO 2019
- SSC CGL
- Rajasthan Police Constable Recruitment
- IBPS RRB Group 'B' Office Assistant
- IBPS Specialist Officer
- SSC CHSL
- South Indian Bank Probationary Clerk
- Syndicate Bank PO Recruitment
- Canara Bank PO Recruitment
- Management Aptitude Test (MAT)
- IDBI Executive 2019
- NABARD Grade B 2019
- Railway Group D Recruitment
- SSC CPO
- South Indian Bank PO
- Bank of Baroda PO Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale II Exam
- IBPS RRB Officer Scale III Exam
- NIACL Recruitment
- SSC GD Constable Exam
- Indian Bank PO
- FEDERAL Bank PO/Clerk
- LIC Housing Finance Ltd Exam
- Nabard Development Assistant
- Kendriya Vidyalaya Recruitment
- SEBI Grade A
- ESIC SSO
- Army Public School
- IB Security Assistant
- SSC Stenographer
- DRDO Senior Technical Assistant
- Railway Protection Force Constable
- RBI Security Guard
- HTET Recruitment
- RPF SI Recruitment
- Bank of Baroda So
- NIACL Administrative Officer
- Lakshmi Vilas Bank PO
- RRB JE 2019
- LIC AAO 2019
- IDBI Assistant Manager
- FCI 2019
- SSC MTS 2019
- RRB NTPC 2019
- CWC 2019
- EPFO Assistant
- LIC ADO
- Repco Bank Clerk 2019
- EPFO SSA (Social Security Assistant)
- HSSC 2019
- Nainital Bank 2019
- NVS PGT
- Uttarakhand Assistant Agriculture Officer
- LIC Assistant 2019
- SSC Selection Posts
- FCI Manager 2019
- IELTS Exam 2019
- Central Bank of India SO