What is a Career Goal??
Career Goal determines the profession you want to pursue throughout your career. Setting a career goal is about deciding where you want to head in your career, and noting the steps needed to reach that point.
Are any of the below your career goals?
- A high paying job in a government organization with all perks and facilities
- An opportunity of working with the topmost institutions in the field of Banking and Finance
- A job where you learn constantly and apply your experience for policy making and nation building
- A professional work environment where you get opportunities for career progression
- A job where you have a work-life balance and time to pursue your hobbies and interest
If one or more of the above fit into your career goals you must know about career opportunities in three most prestigious organizations in the field of regulating banking and finance. These job opportunities are at –
RBI is the central bank of the country and regulator for banking and payment system
NABARD is the apex development finance institution
SEBI is the securities market regulator
And the favorable thing is that you can prepare for RBI, SEBI and NABARD Exams simultaneously, as the syllabus is 70-80% similar, and the remaining exam specific 20-30% syllabus can be easily prepared after the exam dates are announced.
Click here to practice free mock tests for RBI Grade B
Let us understand what these three organizations offer in terms of career prospects and perks:
|RBI Grade B||NABARD Grade A/B||SEBI Grade A|
|Purpose of the organization||India’s central bank, responsible for monetary policy, regulation and supervision of banking and payment system||Apex development finance institution in India. Financial, Developmental and Supervision role for rural and agriculture sector||Regulator and supervisor of the securities market that includes Share market, Bonds, Mutual Funds and others|
|Salary and Perks||Monthly ~Rs.80,000 + accommodation and other benefits like medical, family allowance and others||At Grade B level as in RBI Grade B
At Grade A level ~Rs.62,000 + Accommodation and all other allowances
|Approx. Rs. 92,000/-p.m. without accommodation and Rs. 62,000/- p.m. with accommodation.|
|Job Profile||Opportunity to work in operational and specialized functions such as forex management, banking supervision, currency management, banking, financial inclusion, market departments, and others||Rural Economy has one-third of the Indian population where NABARD plays an important role. You will work for providing refinance support to other institutions (banks and state govts), supervise Regional Rural Banks and Cooperative Banks, designing development scheme with Govt.||Securities market is growing fast and becoming complex with the development of financial products and technology. You get a challenging job profile to regulate the market with an objective to protect the interests of investors and the development of the market.|
|Career Prospects||2 out of 4 Deputy Governors come from the Grade B channel||NABARD officers are working as Deputy Managing Director level at NABARD.||SEBI is a relatively younger organization (established in 1992), so DRs (Direct Recruits) will reach to the top positions in the coming years.|
Click here to practice free mock tests for NABARD Grade A/B
Exam Syllabus of RBI, SEBI, NABARD
|RBI Grade B||NABARD Grade A/B||SEBI Grade A|
|Economics and Social Issues||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Finance & Management||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Agriculture & Rural Development||Yes|
Click here to practice free mock tests for SEBI Grade A
RBI, SEBI, NABARD offer numerous career opportunity, however, the reality is the selection in any one of these exams is very difficult because of the following reasons:
- There are a large number of talented students (2-3 lakhs) applying for very few jobs (127+84+46=257 total in the year 2018 for General Stream). This makes competition very tough and each mark becomes important for the selection.
- There is a serious dearth of appropriate exam guidance and study material. In the first place, the syllabus seems very vast as students from non-economics and non-finance background might have never heard the terminology which is in the syllabus to be covered. Secondly, the preparation which is required for quantitative, English, reasoning and general awareness discourages many potential candidates from starting a serious preparation to crack the exam.
- Students are not able to balance their preparation for Phase 1 and Phase 2. Very few realize that the appropriate strategy is ‘jack of all and master of a few’.
You know that RBI, NABARD, SEBI exams are difficult to crack, however, proper guidance from experts will help you increase your probability of selection by 3 times.
“The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today.”
Get Free Online Test Series, Daily GK Update, PIB Current Affairs, Banking Awareness as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD, and Other Government Jobs. взять быстрый займ онлайнвзять займ онлайн на карту с плохой кредитной историейсрочно взять займ на карту