Is it possible to clear SEBI Grade A 2022 in the first attempt?
If don’t have a background in Finance & Management, will I be able to clear the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam?
Since have not yet begun any preparation, should I skip the SEBI Grade A 2022 recruitment cycle?
I cannot write Descriptive English answers properly, should I not take the SEBI exam?
Do any of these questions sound familiar to you? Are you also burdened by these gloomy thoughts that drain the energy that you should be using for your exam preparation? If so, worry not! ixamBee is here for you!
We meet with hundreds of students who have given up their preparation half-way or quit even before they begun!! We always advise our students to approach the exam with confidence and to have faith in their capabilities.
If you’re planning to take the SEBI exam Grade A 2022 for the first time, this article has been especially prepared for you. We have highlighted some key areas and tips that will help you understand how you should approach this examination. Using these guidelines and pointers, we are sure you will certainly clear the exam in your first go!
Can I Clear SEBI Grade A 2022 in My 1st Attempt?
First things first, we need to remove the elephant in the room. To answer the aforementioned question, yes you absolutely can!! While it may all look quite overwhelming at the outset, there is no reason as to why you cannot clear the exam in your first attempt if you put your mind to it.
However, we strongly encourage you to correct your attitude first. If you have any pessimistic thoughts concerning the exam burdening you down, you should get rid of them at the earliest. Instead, channel your energy positively and once and for all make up your mind that you are going to give what it takes to leave no stone unturned in your preparation. With this attitude in mind, you will beyond doubt pass the exam with flying colours in your first attempt.
Where Do I Begin?
How to Prepare for SEBI Grade A Exam?
Before you actually begin your preparation, you must do your background research about the SEBI Grade A exam properly.
- Take a look at the eligibility criteria to know if you are eligible to take this exam.
- Review the entire syllabus properly so you can make your preparation strategy accordingly.
- Study the SEBI Grade A exam pattern in detail. How many phases do candidates need to go through before being finally selected? Are there interviews conducted as well? How many written papers are there?
- Gather your resources. Which books will you refer to? Will you join a coaching class? Will you study by yourself?
SEBI Grade A Previous Years Question Papers
We always advise aspirants to begin their preparation by taking a look at some previous years’ papers. Particularly, if this is to be your first attempt, you need to review them more than anybody else. Once you have studied these papers, you will develop a fair idea of how you should go about your preparation.
Tips From Our Subject Experts
In order to aid you in achieving your dream, our faculty members have shared some invaluable tips that you can use during your preparation.
- Within Quantitative Aptitude, expected number of questions are:
DI: 2 Sets 8 to 10 Q
Series or Simplification or Quadratic Equations: 3 to 5 Q
Arithmetic: 6 to 8 Q
- For Arithmetic questions within Quantitative Aptitude, some easy topics are Ages, Partnership, Percentage, Time and Work.
- You need to clear your basics for the English Language assessment by practicing grammar rules and exceptions.
- Time your practice exercises.
- Extensive reading– books/ newspapers/ blogs/ social media and note down new words.
- Concepts are also asked in Phase 1 GA. So, a holistic preparation of
- Static GA questions are increasing these days so that also needs to be covered properly.
- both the phases will be beneficial. For Phase 2 of the General Stream, you need to cover the main concepts related to Commerce, Accountancy, Management, Finance, Costing, Companies Act and Economics. These need to be done much before the exam.
- Regular MCQ practice and at least 3-4 revisions before the real exam.
- Try to link the Current Affairs with the concepts.
- At least 4 months’ CA Magazines (6 months recommended).
- GA can have trivial questions so need to cover all the information page by page.
- Special focus should be on Finance News.
- In SEBI, there is a dedicated section for Finance & Banking, and Economy.
- Focus on understanding capital markets well and its different constituents whether it be various financial instruments, derivatives, mutual funds and risks.
- Be aware of what is happening in the financial world.
- Try to understand and absorb news more along with conceptual clarity of terms.
- Start thinking like a manager.
- Read the theories and basic terms in management. And then just read and practice a lot of situational MCQs.
- Management can be studied as 2 parts – one is the factual things which is about theories and styles and evolution of certain principles while the second part is logical thinking that will help one in decision making and managing. The first aspect can be studied once and then revised regularly while the second aspect requires thinking and practice.
SEBI Grade A Mock Test
It is imperative that you routinely and religiously take SEBI Grade A mock tests from time to time and evaluate your standing. It will give you a good sense of how far along you are in your preparation and what more should be done.
SEBI Grade A Online Course for 2022 Exam Preparation
If you want a sure-fire success in the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam, join forces with ixamBee. Our SEBI Grade A Exclusive Online Course will train you for every stage of the selection process. Some features of this course are:
- 600 + video Lessons and 300+ Study Notes
- 25 full-length Mock Tests for SEBI Grade A Phase I
- 5 Full-Length Mock Tests for SEBI Grade A Phase II
- 5 Descriptive English Mock Tests
- 14,000+ Practice questions covering all the new subjects/topics introduced in SEBI Grade A Exam.
- Daily Live Online Classes
- Guidance for Interview Round
- Live classes by the expert faculty
- One-on-One Meetings with Faculty
If you are preparing for one of the Specialist Officer exams, we have separate courses for them as well.
We have attached a small snippet from our SEBI Grade A Legal live class for you to see. It will help you understand how our online coaching sessions are conducted.
Some Other Tips
- Take a mock test as often as you can, preferably, every 15 days.
- Dedicate every alternate weekend to interview preparation. Do not take the Interview round lightly. It can make or break your entire result. For this, you should work on your body language, communication skills and articulacy. Additionally, you should have a proper idea as to why you would make a good candidate to shoulder this job.
- For General Awareness, ixamBee’s BeePedia is the holistic study resource you need. It covers all aspects of current affairs in crisp format. BeePedia is also available in Hindi.
- Take any one day of the week off completely. Use that day to relax and rewind.
We hope you find our article useful. While it is not possible to cater to all queries and concerns within one blog. If you have any subjective questions for us, we encourage you to reach out to us!
Team ixamBee wishes you all the success!
At ixamBee, you can find a number of Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD, and Other Government Jobs.