Since the CLAT UG notification 2021 is already out and the exam is scheduled to be held on June 13, 2021 so not much time is left for all the aspirants to give their preparation a final touch. To help you smoothen out your CLAT UG exam preparation, given below is an approach to attempt Legal Reasoning.
CLAT or The Common Law Admission Test is a national level entrance exam for admissions to undergraduate and postgraduate law programmes that are being offered by 22 National Law Universities. The CLAT exam is organized by the Consortium of National Law Universities every year to induct eligible candidates to various law colleges all over India.
CLAT UG 2021- Important Points for Legal Reasoning
CLAT Legal Reasoning is designed to test your interest in the study of law and to evaluate your legal acumen to the highest level. In order to crack the CLAT UG exam, it is crucial that you understand the significance of good preparation. CLAT Legal Reasoning will include 7-8 passages with 4-5 questions on each passage. While attempting these passages you should identify and infer the principles and rules given in the passage. Once identified, apply them to different situations as question demands, to understand how changes to the principles or rules amend its application to different factual situations.
Legal Reasoning Overview for CLAT UG exam 2021
The CLAT UG Legal reasoning consists of approximately 35-39 questions. The passage will be based on static or current legal issues followed by 5- 6 questions. The questions will test your ability to put forth the best conclusion or supporting argument related to the legal issue discussed in the passage. The CLAT UG Legal Reasoning section will also include passages that test your problem solving ability or any hypothetical situations where you need to apply the legal knowledge provided in the passage. For every correct answer, 1 mark will be awarded and for every incorrect answer, 0.25 marks will be deducted.
Tips and Tricks for CLAT Legal Reasoning
- Invest time in reading articles related to static and current legal issues. Special attention to landmark judgments and important cases from the last year
- Improve your legal vocabulary including legal jargons, legal terms and foreign phrases
- Read the comprehension first and then attempt the question
- Do not read the hypothetical situation first this will prevent you from forming any opinions at the earlier stage
- Do not miss going through the previous year papers as they are the gateway to make yourself aware of the difficulty level of the CLAT UG exam
- Practice CLAT Mock Tests to improve your legal comprehension skills
- Work consistently on your reading skills
For more detailed information you can check out the video given below.
Also if you need a detailed guidance for CLAT UG exam preparation, don’t forget to check out ixamBee CLAT online course designed by experts on the latest exam pattern and syllabus.