- 1 What is CLAT?
- 2 CLAT 2022 Dates and Events
- 3 CLAT Eligibility for UG Course (LL.B.)
- 4 UG CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
- 5 CLAT UG 2022 Sections
- 6 Section-wise Coverage in CLAT UG 2022
- 7 CLAT 2022 Syllabus for B.A.LLB
- 8 CLAT UG 2022 Recommended Books
- 9 How to Fill CLAT Application Form 2022?
- 10 CLAT Application Fee 2022
- 11 CLAT UG 2022 Online Course
- 12 Mock Tests
- 13 Also Read:
What is CLAT?
CLAT stands for Common Law Admissions Test. It is an all India entrance examination conducted by the National Law Schools/Universities for admissions to their under-graduate and postgraduate degree programmes (LL.B & LL.M). The responsibility of conducting the exam is rotated and given on the basis of seniority in the establishment. The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT), is an all India entrance examination, conducted on rotation by 22 National Law Universities (NLUs) for admissions to their Under-Graduate and Postgraduate degree programmes. The 22 participating NLUs in the order of their year of establishment are:
- National Law School of India University, Bangalore (NLSIU)
- NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad (NALSAR)
- National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU)
- The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata (WBNUJS)
- National Law University, Jodhpur (NLUJ)
- Hidayatullah National Law University, Raipur (HNLU)
- Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar (GNLU)
- Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU)
- Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Patiala (RGNUL)
- Chanakya National Law University, Patna (CNLU)
- National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi (NUALS)
- National Law University, Orissa (NLUO)
- National University of Study & Research in Law, Ranchi (NUSRL)
- National Law University & Judicial Academy, Assam (NLUJA)
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU)
- The Tamil Nadu National Law School, Tiruchirappalli (TNNLS)
- Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai
- Maharashtra National Law University, Nagpur
- Maharashtra National Law University, Aurangabad
- HP National Law University, Shimla
- Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur
- DR.B.R.Ambedkar National Law University, Haryana
CLAT 2022 Dates and Events
|CLAT Events||Dates||Salient Features|
|CLAT 2022 official notification for exam date||December 26, 2021||CLAT Consortium has announced the exam date for CLAT 2022 and has shared the exam details on the official website.|
|Online registrations for CLAT 2022||January 01, 2022 to May 09, 2022||The CLAT application form window is open on the official website from January 01 to May 09, 2022.|
|Release of admit card||To be notified||Candidates will be issued admit cards in the online mode on the official website to appear for the examination. The details for the same will be notified later.|
|CLAT 2022 exam date||June 19, 2022||CLAT 2022 is scheduled to be held on June 19, 2022 as it was clashing with CBSE board exams. The CLAT 2022 exam will be held from 2:00-4:00 PM. The exam is to be taken at the allotted test centre mentioned on the admit card.|
|Display of CLAT 2022 results and merit list||To be notified||The CLAT consortium will declare the results of CLAT 2022 as well as publish the merit list for each NLU on the official website.|
|CLAT counselling||To be notified||Candidates are allotted seats in their respective law courses and colleges through CLAT counselling. The Consortium of NLUs is yet to announce the CLAT counselling dates 2022.|
CLAT Eligibility for UG Course (LL.B.)
CLAT Age Limit
As per the revised standards, there will be no upper age limit for the UG Program in CLAT 2022.
- Academic Qualification – A candidate must have secured minimum marks required in 12th standard, as per the category to which he/she belongs:
- For Unreserved /OBC /Specially Abled Persons (SAP) and other categories – A minimum of 45% marks required.
- For SC/ST Category – A minimum of 40% marks required.
- General Criteria – Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination in April/May 2022 are eligible to register for Common Law Admission Test. They must submit evidence of their successfully clearing the qualifying examination at the time of admission, failing which they will lose their right to be considered for admission.
- Submit the result of the qualifying examination (i.e., 10+2) at the time of CLAT Admission.
- In case of equal marks in the CLAT 2022 exam, the tie-breaking procedure is as follows:
- Higher marks in the section of legal aptitude in CLAT 2022
- Higher age
- A computerized draw of lots
CLAT Eligibility Criteria for NRI Students
NRI/ NRI Sponsored category candidates are offered seats under the NRI Quota. Admissions are carried out by the concerned universities independently on the basis of CLAT merit.
Important points to keep in mind:
- Candidates must contact the concerned university directly for the admission formalities, eligibility, documents required and other related queries for seeking admission under the NRI/NRI sponsored category.
- WBNUJS, Kolkata (West Bengal) has different criteria for admissions. It is as follows:
- There are a total of 17 seats for the candidates aspiring for admissions in the undergraduate courses whereas there are no seats available for the postgraduate program.
- Through CLAT Office: CLAT Office will issue the list of students eligible for taking admission under this category.
- Documents required by the NRI Candidates at the time of CLAT Admission:
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Student
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the person is an NRI/OCI or PIO Card
- Documents required by NRI Sponsored Candidates at the time of admission:
- Copy of Valid Indian Passport of the Sponsor
- Copy of Visas obtained in the last 12 months by the Sponsor
- Certificate from the local embassy stating that the Sponsor is an NRI/ OCI or PIO Card
- An affidavit by the sponsor indicating the interest shown in the education affairs of the student and willingness to fund the education of the student over the next 5 years.
Sponsors for NRI Sponsored Students
- The person who willingly sponsors candidates for admission is required to be a first-degree relation of the student and shall be residing abroad as a Non-Resident Indian.
- In case the student has no parents or near relatives or taken as a ward by some other nearest relative, such students also may be considered for admission. The guardian must have legally treated the applying candidate as a ward. Such guardians shall file an affidavit mentioning the interest in the education of the candidate and also their relationship with the candidate. It is mandatory for that person to also be a Non-Resident Indian and ordinarily residing abroad.
UG CLAT 2022 Exam Pattern
Let’s look at the CLAT 2022 exam pattern–
|Mode||Offline – Pen and Paper|
|Nature of Questions||CLAT UG – Objective|
|Number of Questions||CLAT UG – 150|
|Marks Awarded||1 mark per correct answer|
|Negative Marking||0.25 marks wrong answer|
CLAT UG 2022 Sections
|Undergraduate Law Programme (B.A.LLB)|
|English (with Comprehension)|
|Current Affairs including General Knowledge|
Section-wise Coverage in CLAT UG 2022
CLAT UG is divided into 5 sections overall. Each section covers a different subject, and each section also carries a different weightage. The aim of the Exam is to test the candidates’ ability to understand the law as opposed to prior knowledge of the law. CLAT UG also tests for the candidates’ basic language, general knowledge and mathematical ability. Here is the section wise distribution of marks for CLAT UG 2022.
|Subjects||Number of Questions (Approx.)|
|English (with Comprehension)||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Current Affairs including General Knowledge||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Legal Reasoning||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Quantitative Techniques||13-17 questions, or roughly 10% of the paper|
Also Read: CLAT 2022 Preparation Strategy
CLAT 2022 Syllabus for B.A.LLB
CLAT 2022 questions will come from 5 different subjects – English, Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, and Quantitative Techniques. Quantitative Techniques was previously also called Mathematical Ability.
Idioms and Phrases,
One Word Substitution,
Rearrangement of Sentence in Paragraph,
Rearrangement of Words in Sentence,
Fill in the blanks,
Inappropriate Usage of Words and Spelling Mistakes (English Usage),
|Current Affairs||Events of National and International importance also covering current events in area of Economics, Science, Technology, Sports, Persons and Places, Static GK & Latest Happening, Books and Authors.|
|Legal Reasoning||International Law, |
Legal Terms & Legal Maxims,
Contracts and Torts,
Legal propositions and set of facts satisfying the propositions.
|Logical Reasoning||Direction and Distance Test, |
Classification (Odd Man Out) Test,
Coding Decoding Test,
Ranking Tests and Time Sequence Test,
Statements & Assumptions,
Statements & Arguments,
Statements & Conclusions,
Statements & Action.
|Quantitative Techniques||Number Systems, |
Surds and Indices,
Fractions and Decimals,
HCF and LCM,
Simplification & Approximation,
Ratio and Proportion,
Average and Logarithms,
Profit and Loss,
Partnership and Discounts,
Areas and Volumes.
CLAT UG 2022 Recommended Books
CLAT is one of the most competitive and tougher law exams in India. The competition is very high, as a large number of students attempt CLAT every year. To optimize your preparation and improve your chances at CLAT 2022, go through these recommended books –
|Subject||Name of Book||Publisher/Author|
|English||Word Power Made Easy||Norman Lewis|
|High School English Grammar and Composition Key||Wren & Martin|
|Current Affairs||Manorama Yearbook 2021||Manorama|
|Current Affairs Yearly 2021||Arihant|
|Legal Reasoning||Legal Awareness Legal Reasoning||Bhardwaj|
|Legal Aptitude for the CLAT and other Law Entrance Examinations||Bhardwaj|
|Logical Reasoning||Universal’s Logical Reasoning for CLAT, LSAT and other Law Entrance Exams||Jain Prateek|
|Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||RS Agarwal|
|Quantitative Techniques||Universal’s Elementary Mathematics (Numerical Ability)||Jain Prateek|
|Quantitative Aptitude||RS Aggarwal|
Also See: CLAT 2022 Exam 60 Days Study Plan
How to Fill CLAT Application Form 2022?
Candidates can apply online for CLAT 2022 on the official website of the exam. Candidates can apply for the exam in four steps – registration, application, document uploading and payment of application fee. Check out a few quick steps to fill in the CLAT 2022 application form below:
- Visit the official website of the exam – https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in/clat-2022/
- Click on the Register button.
- Fill and submit the CLAT registration form 2022.
- Once registered, enter the mobile number and OTP on the displayed window to activate the account
- Login to the registered account using your mobile number and password
- Click on the Apply button and fill the CLAT application form
- Preview the filled-in online form and click on the Submit button to submit the form
- Upload scanned photo, signature and category certificate (if valid) as per the prescribed specifications
- Pay CLAT application fee in the online (debit card/credit card/internet banking) or the offline (bank challan) mode
CLAT Application Fee 2022
CLAT application fee differs for different categories of the candidates.
|Category||CLAT Application Fee (in Rs)|
|CLAT previous years’ question papers||500|
CLAT UG 2022 Online Course
Designed to aid students for better preparation for CLAT 2022, ixamBee has come up with an online course for CLAT UG 2022 exam which will provide ample practice opportunities along with video lessons, study notes, mock tests and expert guidance to the students. CLAT UG Online Course consists of:
Furthermore, since the CLAT UG 2022 exam will be analytical and logical in nature, you must ensure that you practice enough before the actual exam. Therefore, CLAT Free Mock Tests will play a major role in your exam preparation. You will be able to assess your performance and preparation and work on your weaknesses accordingly.
Team ixamBee wishes you all the best!