UPSC 1st Attempt- FAILED!
UPSC 2nd Attempt- FAILED!
UPSC 3rd Attempt- FAILED!
UPSC 4th Attempt- FAILED!
RBI Grade B 1st Attempt- FAILED!
RBI Grade B 2nd Attempt- FAILED!
RBI Grade B 3rd Attempt- CLEARED!!!
Yes, that is Roshan’s true story! Today we bring to you the very inspiring journey of one of our students, Roshan Kumar Giria who was able to clear a competitive exam on only his 3rd attempt! This is a story full of lessons and learnings and how all his past failures helped shape Roshan into the mature and humble person that he is. We are most pleased to bring this wonderful and motivating story to you.
Have you ever failed a competitive exam?
Have you failed an exam more than once?
Have you given up on your dreams or thought about giving up?
Would you like to try it once again?
If your answer is yes to any one of the questions, then we think you have come to the right place! Today, we bring to you a story about an aspirant who failed 6 times but kept trying to reach his goal. Ultimately, he was successful in clearing the RBI Grade B 2022 exam.
RBI Grade B 2022 Results
The RBI Grade B final result 2022 was announced last week on October 21, 2022. Team ixamBee wishes all successful candidates the very best for their future. In this article, we will talk about Roshan Kumar Giria’s journey from being a UPSC aspirant to clearing the RBI Grade B exam on his third attempt. Roshan’s experience has been both eventful and inspiring. We hope you will gain much insight from his experience and use the lessons in your own preparation.
However, before we begin, let us quickly look at the permissible no. of attempts for the RBI Grade B exam.
RBI Grade B Number of Attempts
How many attempts can I give for RBI Grade B?
For General Category(Unreserved UR) : 6 attempts
OBC Non-Creamy Layer (OBC NCL): 9 attempts
SC/ST/PWD: One can appear till the upper age limit meaning there are no attempt limits.
Roshan earned his Master’s degree in Information Science and Engineering from the Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangaluru. Initially, Roshan was preparing to take the UPSC examinations. However, since he was unsuccessful in his attempts, he decided to make a concrete switch and decided to take the RBI Grade B exam. Team ixamBee applauds Roshan’s advantageous decision that has now borne fruit. His never say die attitude and timely readjustment will surely inspire government job aspirants.
RBI Grade B 2022 Results
While some may think that Roshan was not able to clear the RBI Grade B exam until his third attempt, we think that you only fail if you quit. In fact, through his own example, Roshan has shown how you should never give up on your dreams until you finally reach your destination. In the long run, his nonachievement in the past will hold no importance on his career graph. What is more, we are sure Roshan must have learned many invaluable life lessons in these last few years that will help him in his future both in his personal and professional life.
UPSC vs RBI Grade B
Many RBI Grade B aspirants also prepare for the civil service examinations and vice-versa. The same was the case for Roshan. He took the UPSC examination a few times but could not clear it. Then, he decided to make an intelligent switch and focused all his time and energy on RBI Grade B exam preparation. Today, he stands victorious. Roshan’s story will touch a chord, especially with those candidates who have not been able to clear the exam of their choice in the past. However, as you can see, it does not matter if you fall down. What matters more and most is whether you are able to pick yourself up again or not.
Cracking the RBI Grade B Exam
Now, let us learn more about Roshan and his exam preparation journey from the very start. He has put many long years into his exam preparation and all RBI Grade B aspirants can learn a lot from his experience. In this Interview, Mr. Susheel Ragade spoke with Roshan at length to understand when and how Roshan began and how his exam preparation evolved.
- Roshan began his competitive exam preparation right since when he was in college.
- He gave 4 attempts in total at the civil service examinations. Unfortunately, he was not able to clear the exam. However, Roshan was not demotivated at all and in fact, made a smart career decision. He decided to pursue the RBI Grade B exam instead. Ultimately, Roshan’s decision proved beneficial for him.
- Since Roshan was already preparing for the UPSC exams, his preparation helped him in his RBI exam preparation as well. For example, when descriptive papers were introduced in the RBI Grade B exam pattern, it proved favorable for him. He was already in the habit of writing essay-type answers for UPSC exam preparation.
- Similarly, Roshan was already preparing for General Awareness for the last 4 years for his civil service exams. So, he was quite up to date with the latest current affairs for competitive exams, which also helped him in the RBI Grade B general awareness section.
- Roshan started preparing for the RBI Phase 2 exam even before the Phase 1 exam took place. He used his time wisely by dividing the syllabus between the static and dynamic portions.
- RBI ESI (Economic and Social Issues) syllabus is tested under General Studies in the civil service exam. Once again, he had the upper hand over this part of the syllabus. Nonetheless, he kept up with the latest government schemes, government speeches, RBI reports, PIB reports and such to stay the top of the game.
- In this interview, Roshan has also given many tips and tricks for RBI Grade B exam preparation that he utilized in his own study such as developing his own short forms and creating exam-day simulations that would help him in performing his best on the exam day.
- The RBI Grade B interview was something that Roshan was quite afraid of! The last time he had given an Interview (before his RBI interview) was 4 years ago! Nonetheless, he took several RBI Grade mock interviews and worked on his weaknesses. He worked on his body language, speaking style, pausing between answers and other aspects. As we now know, he was able to ace his RBI interview.
- Roshan’s candour and humility shine throughout his entire interview. He is an experienced person who has faced many setbacks in the past but chose to keep going. He took these setbacks in his stride and kept improving himself. Team ixamBee wishes him the very best for his bright future.
These were only some of the highlights from Roshan’s interview with Susheel Ragade. Please be sure to watch the video below if you would like to learn about Roshan’s exam preparation strategy and journey in more detail.
According to Roshan, if you have not yet begun preparing for the RBI Grade B 2023 exam, you have already wasted too much time, and we agree!! Begin your preparation today itself without waiting for the RBI Grade B 2023 notification to be released.
All the best!
To help you prepare 50% faster for competitive exams, ixamBee provides free Mock Test Series all the Current Affairs in English and Current Affairs in Hindi in the BeePedia capsules for GA Preparation. You can also get the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI NABARD and Other Government Jobs.