A ‘Bank PO’ is a job position that is desired by many. Being one of the most prestigious and coveted jobs in the industry, a Bank PO holds quite a lot of respect and dignity. For all the candidates who aspire for a government job, bank PO is a real good catch. In this artcile,
Candidates willing to go for a bank job need to apply through IBPS recruitment process which conducts exams like IBPS PO, IBPS Clerk,IBPS SO etc. and gives a golden opportunity to all job aspirants. It secures your future, gives a direction to your long-term goals and helps you in building an exceptional career path for yourself. But how is that possible? Why do we say that a bank job is a secure or a beneficial job?
- Anyone who enters this banking industry is entitled to receive several perks and benefits.
- After you complete your probation period which generally extends to a period of two years, you are eligible for a ‘promotion’, that will go on until you reach the highest position.
- Your designations and job profile keep changing with newer positions after you take up promotions, that breaks the monotony.
- You will also get a chance to explore places all-over India, wherever you get posted after your get promoted.
The Bank PO Promotion Hierarchy in Public Sector Banks (PSBs)
In the table bleow, bank promotion structure table is provided:
|PO||Scale I||Junior Management Grade|
|Manager||Scale II||Middle Management Grade|
|Senior Manager||Scale III||Middle Management Grade|
|Chief Manager||Scale IV||Senior Management Grade|
|Assistant General Manager||Scale V||Senior management Grade|
|Deputy General Manager||Scale VI||Top Management Grade|
|General Manager||Scale VII||Top Management Grade|
|Executive Director (ED)||–||–|
|Chairman and Managing Director (CMD)||–||–|
Bank Promotion Structure
After you qualify all stages of a Bank PO examination, you will join as a PO (Probationary Officer) also referred to as as Assistant Manager and will be permanent in the job after two years of probation. You can move further in the growth process through the following steps:
- JAIIB / CAIIB – JAIIB (Junior Associate of Indian Institute of Banking) & CAIIB ( Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Banking) are two major courses from Indian Institute of Banking and Finance (IIBF). The bankers are required to join these courses, complete and qualify JAIIB first and then move on to complete CAIIB. These provide additional value to the banker’s profession and the increments are based on them.
- The main objective of JAIIB course is to provide basic knowledge and information about the banking job, tasks and functioning. CAIIB is a specialisation course where the candidate is required to attempt three papers where one of the papers is elective.
- Both the exams for these courses are conducted online and twice in a year.
- It is advisable that the bankers join the JAIIB course immediately after joining.
- You will be entitled to get two increments through both these courses which will be attached to your job for a lifetime and thus will lead to extra income around 10-20 Lakh.
- Depending on the vacancies available at any point, CAIIB will give an advantage in the promotion for Scale II and will help in answering the interview questions and give an edge over those who could not quallify CAIIB.
- Overachieving the Targets – After joining as a PO, most of the time you will be working under the direct supervision of the Branch Manager. You will basically assist in all kinds of tasks such as account-opening,lending,cross-sale,NPA recovery etc. You can make the most of this opportunity, learn new things and over achieve the targets.
- Soft Skills and Time Management – Once you start working as a Bank professional, your ‘soft skills’ also play a significant part along with your knowledge and experience. When you work in a bank branch, you will have many colleagues working with you who will be from various age groups and that’s where your soft skills will come into play. You will gradually improve on your management and communication skills. You will learn how to manage people from different age groups and different temperaments.
Apart from the public sector banks, there are regulatory banks that hold promotion exams from time-to-time. NABARD Grade A Recruitment 2021 is one such exam where you can grow up in the career ladder.
Do not get swayed by various opinions around you and try to stay focussed and motivated to achieve your dream job. You may come across some negative opinion by people who are unable to succeed or move up the ladder but you need to realize each one of you is different and your hard work, determination and clarity towards your goals will only play the major role.