With the completion of the NABARD Grade A Prelims exam, it’s time to get ready for NABARD Grade A Mains. As NABARD Grade A Phase 1 result is already out and Phase 2 will take place in due course so start your preparation as – Delay is the enemy of progress. Before you begin your journey, it’s very important that you are aware of the sections that will be asked in the NABARD exam. A minor neglect or carelessness can lead to a major blunder or postpone your success journey. So let’s check out the detailed planning below.
Preparation Guide for NABARD Grade A Mains
As you are already aware of the fact that this year NABARD Grade A recruitment 2021 as Assistant Manager in Grade ‘A’ is for two major streams – Rural Development Banking Service (RDBS) and Rajbhasha Service. Thus the preparation strategy will differ accordingly. The NABARD Grade A Phase 2 consists of two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2 for both RDBS and Rajbhasha stream. The difference will be that Paper 2 – for RDBS is of Economic and Social Issues and Agriculture & Rural Development while for Rajbhasha, it will consist of questions from the Rajbhasha stream.
Now that you are aware of the exam pattern of NABARD Grade A Mains, let’s delve into section wise preparation.
Paper 1 – Descriptive English (for both streams)
Paper 1 will be of General English and descriptive in nature. There will be 3 questions total of 100 marks with a time limit of 90 minutes. The purpose is to assess individual writing skills and understanding of the topic. Some points to be kept in mind are:
- While attempting an essay, make a gist of the points that you will include in writing so that you do not feel wordless and can be quick.
- An essay has three parts- Introduction, Body and Conclusion. Do not miss any part.
- For effective writing, keep yourself updated on the latest happenings around the world, economic trends, agriculture scenarios and other news by cultivating a habit of reading newspaper daily.
- For Precis – prepare a rough structure by trying to understand the main theme of the paragraph or comprehension.
- Identify the structure of the information provided in the paragraph and the sequence of events given.
- Try to compress the information without losing the essence of the passage.
- Also, do not copy the language of the comprehension.
- Adhere to the word limit strictly.
Paper 2 – Economic and Social Issues and Agriculture & Rural Development (For RDBS Stream)
Paper 2 of NABARD Grade A Mains for RDBS stream consists of Economic & Social Issues and Agriculture & Rural Development as a section. NABARD Grade A Phase 2 Paper 2 will be a mix of objective + descriptive format. The overall timing will be 2 hours for 100 marks. There will be 30 objective questions along with 6 descriptive questions (one need to answer any 4). Some tips to ace this section are:
- Do not hoard yourself with too many books. Keep your preparation material minimum.
- Keep a close knack on economic and social welfare schemes, committees set up by the government, India’s ranks on various indexes, Economic Survey and Economic currents etc. They will help in objective questions. You can also refer to ixamBee BeePedia, which is a short compilation of current updates on various topics.
- Pick a topic from the syllabus and read about it.
- Understand the concept thoroughly and not just the overview.
- Each topic should be given sufficient time to prepare.
- Get aware of important topics / concepts by going through NABARD Grade A Phase 2 online test series for previous year and do a selective reading of that prior to the exam.
- Thoroughly go through the reports issued by the Ministry of Environment, Forestry and Climate Change and PIB releases.
- Make notes of all the important topics or updates so that you can have a quick glance on them just before the NABARD Grade A Mains exam.
- The syllabus of NABARD Grade A Phase 2 – Paper 2 i.e Economic and Social Issues and Agriculture & Rural Development can be intimidating because of its vastness. Reading various books for concepts clarity can end up in confusion, so to have a structured study material. For this do check ixamBee’s NABARD Grade A Mains online preparation course.
Paper 2 – Stream Based (here Rajbhasha)
Paper 2 of NABARD Grade A Mains for Rajbhasha stream consists of stream-specific questions. NABARD Grade A Phase 2 Paper 2 will be a mix of objective + descriptive format. The overall timing will be 2 hours for 100 marks. There will be 30 objective questions along with 6 descriptive questions (one needs to answer any 4). Some tips to ace this section are:
- As you have already read your stream in your college, it is assumed that you have a good hold over your domain.
- Your college notes will be handy for concepts clarity and understanding.
- Avoid going into too much depth, just focus on concepts.
- Do not deter from the syllabus. Go for selective reading as the syllabus is wide.
- Lastly, it’s the subject that you are already familiar with, so you are the best judge of what to study and how to study.
- In case you need guidance, ixamBee’s NABARD Grade A Rajbhasha Course is at your disposal. Structured under the guidance of experts, this course will surely lead your path to success.
Hope you learned something from this detailed strategy. These are just some ways to guide your path. You can modify them as per the exam need and your capacity. ixamBee is always working to help aspirants achieve their goals with a positive frame of mind and right guidance. Stay safe and start now to let the castle of your dreams roar high.
At ixamBee, you can find free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as latest updates for SBI PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.