Read here How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Exam 2022 with the best subject-wise preparation strategy at ixamBee
The SBI Clerk 2022 notification will be released soon as the exam is expected to be held in July 2022. To work in a bank like the State Bank of India is a dream of many, as it not only provides job security but also entitles its employees with various allowances. To crack this exam, a clear and detailed strategy is needed. Without it, no matter how hard one studies, the result becomes fruitless.
- 1 How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Exam 2022
- 2 SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2022
- 3 How to Begin SBI Clerk Exam Preparation?
- 4 How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Exam: Subject wise Preparation
- 5 Some Other Tips
- 6 Study with ixamBee
- 7 Also Read
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Exam 2022
In this article, we will discuss a detailed preparation strategy for SBI Clerk 2022 exam. We will try to understand how to prepare for the SBI Clerk exam 2022 by analyzing each subject independently. However, before discussing the preparation strategy, let’s look at the selection procedure for the SBI Clerk exam.
SBI Clerk Exam Pattern 2022
The SBI Clerk selection procedure 2022 consists of a total of three stages:
- Phase 1- Preliminary examination.
- Phase 2- Mains examination.
- Phase 3- Language Proficiency Test.
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the SBI Clerk Prelims exam 2022 is as follows:
|SL.||Name of the Test||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of the SBI Clerk Mains exam 2022 is as follows:
|SL. No.||Name of the Test||No. Of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|1.||General/Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|2.||General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|3.||Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hour 40 Minutes|
How to Begin SBI Clerk Exam Preparation?
Let us understand the resources we need and how to get them to begin and complete our exam preparation successfully.
The first and foremost thing that is needed to prepare for any exam is the study material. Studying from too many sources and books creates confusion and might hinder the preparation. To have sorted material with oneself saves a lot of time.
Also see: SBI Clerk Syllabus 2022
Best Books for SBI Clerk
If you have time or can dedicate a good amount of hours a day, then one of the best ways to clear the basics is to read from books. We have suggested some very important books for SBI Clerk exam that can help in clearing the basics and cracking the exam.
SBI Clerk Online Coaching
As not much time is left for the exam, smart work is the need for the hour. Studying from books will consume a lot of time and one might end up readings things that are not that important from the exam point of view. Expert guidance can sail one through in this case because they know exactly what works and whatnot. ixamBee has launched a course on Bank PO/Clerk exam preparation. In this course, you will get everything that is required to clear the exam. One of the best things in this course apart from crisp and focused material is the constant assistance of our faculties. Regular Live classes make our course unique from others.
Online Test Series
The SBI Clerk exam 2022 is going to be online, so it is very important to have an Online Test series so that candidates can analyze their performance. To assist in this case, we are providing free SBI Clerk Prelims mock tests. The mock tests are made under the guidance of experts. Candidates need to log in to the website and they can attempt the test right away.
Previous Year Cutoffs
The SBI Clerk Previous year’s cut-off helps a lot in analyzing the difficulty level of the exam. Being aware of this keeps a candidate one notch higher than others.
How to Prepare for SBI Clerk Exam: Subject wise Preparation
Let us now understand how to prepare for SBI Clerk 2022 exam for each subject individually.
- Quantitative Aptitude is one of the challenging subjects for most candidates. The no. of attempts in this section is less because of the amount of time it takes and also because of the increasing level of the questions.
- After completing the basics, a candidate must attempt a mock test to understand the pattern of questions that are asked in the exam.
- After attempting the mock, candidates will be able to understand their weak and strong sections. This will give them clarity on which topic to give more attention and what topic can be achieved through a mild practice. This might be boring for most candidates, but a firm grip on the calculation part creates a huge difference in the number of attempts in the exam. The following are the must-haves in order to master the calculation part:
- Tables up to 20.
- Squares up to 40 and square roots tricks
- Cubes up to 25 and cube roots tricks.
- Divisibility Rule
- Short Multiplication Method.
- Practice 5 Data Interpretation problems daily.
- After all this, all a candidate needs is practice. As not much time is left for the exam, all one can do is attempt Mock tests as many as possible.
- Attempting Mock tests are not enough but analyzing them is equally important, otherwise, all the efforts will go in vain. Mock tests will not only help candidates in increasing their scores but also give them a real exam environment which will shove away the fear of online exams.
Logical reasoning is one of the favorite sections of students’ because this section helps in boosting their overall scores. However, with increasing competition, this section has also become a hard nut to crack.
The increasing number of puzzles that are asked in the exam takes a lot of time to solve. The only solution to this is to practice as much as possible. With practice, one can decrease the puzzle-solving time. If one masters the Puzzles, he/she can score really well in the exam. The types of questions generally asked in the exam are as follows:
- Sitting Arrangement Puzzles- Rectangle, circle, triangle, Square.
- Box-type Puzzles.
- Floor-based Puzzles-flat based puzzles.
- Uncertain Puzzles- Liner puzzles, circle-based, triangle-based and stacked-based.
- Concentric Puzzles-circle, square, rectangle, etc.
Other than the puzzles some more questions are frequently asked in the exam, which needs equal attention and practice. Those are as follows:
- Alphanumeric series
- Analytical Reasoning- Statement Assumptions, Cause and effect, Statement conclusions, a strong and weak argument, course of action, Statement and inference, Probably True/Probably False/ Definitely True/Definitely False.
As stated earlier, Mock Tests are very important. The kind of puzzles that are mentioned above can be found in the mock tests provided by us. After giving mock tests analyze the questions and try to solve each of them.
Computer aptitude will be asked in mains along with Logical Reasoning as one section. It is advised not to give much time to this section. Just complete your basics with the computer aptitude book and start practicing mock tests. The more you practice, the better you will understand the questions and this will serve the purpose. The books that are suggested for this section are as follows:
|Objective Computer Awareness for General Competitive Exams||Arihant Publishers|
|Computer Fundamentals||P.K Sinha|
This section is one section that needs consistency while preparing for any exam. One can score really well in this section.
The general awareness section generally consists of three sections i.e.
- Banking Awareness
- Static G.K
- Current Affairs.
Most of the weightage in this section is on Current affairs. The candidate must be aware of the current happenings of at least the last 6 months from the date of the exam. Candidates can read from our Monthly/Weekly BeePedia for this section.
Static G.K can also be achieved by reading our blogs. Some very useful blogs have already been posted and some more are in pipeline. It is advised to keep visiting our blogs section for newly updated content. Check out some of these blogs below:
Candidates struggle a lot in this section because of many reasons. One of the most common reasons is a Non-English background. English is not as tough as it seems. With regular and dedicated effort one can score really well in this section.
To tackle this section it is advised to first brush up on basic grammar skills. After that give a mock test to understand what kind of questions are asked in the exam. The following are some types of questions that are recently being asked in banking exams and can come in SBI Clerk too, those are:
- Reading Comprehension.
- Fill in the Blanks.
- Cloze test.
- Jumbled paragraph.
- Phrase replacement.
- Errors Etc.
With consistent practice, one can master this section. The book that is suggested for this is Objective General English 2nd Edition by S.P Bakshi / Arihant.
Some Other Tips
- Be consistent with attempting Mock Tests. This will really help in boosting the score.
- Make a Time Table that is practical and achievable.
- Consistency is key. Be regular with the preparation.
- Seek help and guidance as and when you need it.
- Believe in yourself and supplement your self-belief with hard work.
Study with ixamBee
The best way to prepare for the SBI Clerk 2022 exam is by joining forces with ixamBee. Our Ultimate BeeBanker Online Course has been designed to help you prepare for several Bank PO/Bank Clerk jobs simultaneously. Follow the link to learn more.
All the very best!
At ixamBee you can find free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD, and Other Government Jobs.