State Bank of India or SBI released an official notification for SBI Clerk 2021 exam on April 26, 2021. The exam will be conducted to recruit 5000 Junior Associates. The notification clears out ambiguity among the candidates who were doubtful about the release of the notification this year. SBI Clerk Prelims Exam is scheduled in June 2021 and the Mains will be held on July 31, 2021. With merely one month in hand, you must not waste any time and start preparing for the SBI Clerk Prelims Exam with full zeal.
In case you are interested in applying for this exam, the application window is open till May 17, 2021. Try to apply as soon as possible to avoid any last-minute rush.
This article is to help you strategize your preparation for SBI Clerk 2021 exam and to assist you with your exam preparations by suggesting some useful tips and tricks.
In SBI Clerk Prelims Exam, three sections will be asked and they are the English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. We will discuss each section in detail here but before that let’s look at the SBI Clerk Prelims exam pattern.
|S. No.||Subject||No of questions||Maximum Marks||Total Time|
|1.||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2.||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|3.||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
Few Important Highlights of SBI Clerk Prelims Exam 2021
- There is no sectional cut off as well as overall cut off in SBI Clerk Exam 2021. You will be shortlisted for the Main Exam on the basis of announced vacancies (approximately 10 times the number of vacancies from the list of all candidates arranged in descending order of aggregate marks scored).
- There is a sectional time limit for each section of the exam.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks or 1/4th of marks for every wrong answer marked.
SBI Clerk 2021 Preparation Strategy:
What is a must to crack any exam is a detailed study plan and preparation strategy. Find out your strengths and prepare accordingly. Try maximizing your score in your strong sections and focus to improve your weaker sections.
If your basic understanding of English is strong, this section is a cakewalk for you. Moreover, this section is a nightmare for most of the candidates’ especially for the ones belonging to any medium other than English. Here is a step-by-step process to prepare for this section.
- To build your Grammar, it is recommended you buy Wren and Martin’s book. SP Bakshi is also a good alternative in case you find Wren and Martin difficult.
- Reading the newspaper every day will be of immense help as it enhances your basic understating of this language
- Not only just attempt but also analyze your mock tests. Figure out the topics you are weak at and try to focus on those. Always remember there is no other alternative to mock tests, attempting Mock tests is a must. You can try SBI Clerk Prelims Mock tests for free here.
- Vocabulary isn’t something that can be built overnight. There are various ways through which you can build it effortlessly. Some of them are Reading newspapers, Your favourite Magazines and Novels. This will not only help you in building vocabulary but also help in understanding how sentences are formed.
Reasoning plays a vital role in scoring high in the exam. The majority of questions asked from this section are covered by Puzzles/Seating Arrangement. You can expect around 20 questions from puzzles only. Try to practice it as much as you can. There are no short tricks here, you can only become a master of this by practising day and night.
Some important topics for miscellaneous.
- Direction Sense
- Direction Sense
- Data Sufficiency
- Ranking and Order
- Assumptions and Conclusions,
- Effect and Causes
This is one of the most important sections in the exam as scoring in this section is quite difficult, therefore we have a detailed article on how you can effectively prepare for Quantitative aptitude and score well in the exam.
SBI Clerk Prelims Preparation Tips and Tricks
SBI Clerk Prelims exam is going to be conducted soon in June 2021. Here are a few tips and tricks to clear the SBI clerk exam 2021.
- Dedicate at least one hour daily to reading newspapers
- Build up your vocabulary by developing a habit of reading every day. Write down words that you found alien or difficult to memorize.
- Practice shortcut tricks for Quantitative Aptitude as much as possible. It will help you in the exam.
- Be thorough with the concepts.
- Keep a track of your accuracy and speed. Dedicate 15 minutes’ to improving your calculation.
- Attempt mock tests as often as you can. You can try our free SBI Clerk mock test series.
With the pandemic hitting us hard, candidates are getting more attracted towards government jobs as it provides stability irrespective of external conditions and this, in turn, is increasing competition i.e. for every vacancy there are ~3000 applications. To compete in such tough competition and to prepare a notch up, you can enroll in our course.
SBI Clerk Online Course 2021:
- 375 + Videos covering the entire syllabus of Prelims and Mains Exam for SBI Clerk exam
- 100+ videos prepared exclusively for Mains examination explaining the correct approach to solve difficult and time taking questions along with the concepts and shortcuts.
- Study notes in PDF format specially for the General and Financial Awareness Section, and wherever required for easy learning and quick revision.
- 150 + Difficulty Based Chapter Tests divided into Easy, Moderate and High Levels for each chapter for all the subjects to help you prepare systematically.
- 20+ Subject wise Section Tests consisting of 750+ high-level questions exclusive for Mains Examination
- 23 Full-Length Practice Tests including 15 full-length practice tests for SBI Clerk Prelims and 8 full-Length Practice Tests for SBI Clerk Mains
- Access to SBI Clerk Memory Based Paper.
- Total 7000 + practice questions with solutions.
In case of any query, you can ping us on +91-9205524028 we are available on this number from Mon-Sat (10 AM to 7 PM) or you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.