The Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) released an official notification on August 12, 2021, for the recruitment of officers in Grade ‘A’. The online application process began on August 13, 2021 and will conclude on September 16, 2021. If for some reason, you have still not applied for the PFRDA recruitment, drop everything and do it right now!!
PFRDA IT Stream Recruitment 2021
There are 14 vacancies in all, 5 for the Generalist post and 9 for Specialist Officers. Of these 9 SO posts, 2 vacancies have been announced for the IT Officer post.
Take a look at all the PFRDA vacancies for 2021.
We will begin our article with a discussion about the exam pattern and syllabus for the PFRDA IT exam. This will be followed by a note on the books and resources you can refer to for your preparation. We will conclude by talking about how ixamBee can help you prepare for the exam successfully.
PFRDA IT Stream Exam Pattern
The selection process comprises three stages:
- Phase 1 (Online screening-qualifying in nature)
- Phase 2 (Online examination) (MCQ + Descriptive)
- Phase 3 (Interview)
Each phase in the first two phases comprises 2 papers each. Paper 1 is common in both phases for aspirants across all streams and will be an aptitude test. Paper 2 in both phases will be separate for the Generalist posts and the Specialist Posts. The SO papers will test Professional Knowledge, in this case, Information Technology.
All papers are for 100 marks each.
Depending upon their performance, candidates will be invited for an Interview in the 3rd phase. The final merit will be declared on the basis of 85% marks earned in Phase 2 and 15% of marks obtained in the Interview.
PFRDA IT Stream Syllabus
Take a look at the detailed PFRDA IT stream syllabus here.
Please note: The syllabus is the same for both papers in Phase 1 and Phase 2. However, the standard of assessment will differ.
In case you are preparing to appear for more than one stream in this year’s exam, we have prepared some tips on how you can prepare for all the streams together!
PFRDA IT Stream Preparation Strategy
Although the exam dates have not yet been announced, we can assume that there is 1 month to go for the exam. So, we will design our study plan according to the time we can make during this 1 month. Use every day well. And then, irrespective of when the exam is held, you are sure to succeed.
Use this strategy blueprint to customize it according to your needs.
- First, read the entire syllabus in detail so you don’t miss any topic or theme.
- Spread the syllabus out through the course of the next 4 weeks (assuming we have at least 1 month to go).
- Study for at least 8-10 hours a day.
- While the syllabus is quite basic, it is fairly vast. So do not take it lightly.
- Do not leave any topic for another day that you can cover today itself.
- You can alternate between an aptitude test subject and IT topic. For example, if you are preparing some Reasoning topics on one day, choose SQL Queries to study the next day.
- Alternating between subjects and papers will make your preparation overall quite enjoyable. You will learn many new things.
- Divide your time equally between all the 4 papers. It is always a good idea to alternate. Rather it would be wise to dedicate 1 week for the preparation of one paper. For example, in Week 1, study for Paper 1, Phase 1. In Week 2, study for Paper 2, Phase 1.
- There is no need to get worked up. While it may look like you have 4 papers to write in all, you must bear in mind that the syllabus for all subjects is quite basic. Moreover, as aforementioned, the IT syllabus is the same for both phases.
- Prepare for both the Prelims and Mains together.
- Despite the syllabus being the same, do not take the Professional Knowledge papers for granted. The examiners particularly want to test your knowledge in the respective fields, in this case, Information Technology, to judge whether you are a suitable candidate for this Specialized post or not.
- The English language syllabus for Phase 1 and Phase 2 is different and so is the pattern of assessment. The first paper is objective while the second is descriptive. So, prepare accordingly.
- You can refer to S.P. Bakshi’s Descriptive English for the latter.
- Include timely breaks in your routine as and when you need them. There is no point in getting exhausted right from the start.
PFRDA IT Stream Important Resources
- IGNOU MCS 22 Operating System Concepts and Networking Management by Chakradhar Publications
- Basic Computer and Applications: Theory & Objective Book: Hindi Language by Engineers’ Academy
- Cyber Security by Nina Godbole
- SQL Queries: 200+ Queries to Challenge You by Swaroop Kallakuri
You should also take a look at some of these other resources as you prepare for your exam.
- Magazines like WIRED and MIT Technology Review
- Digit Magazine
- ixamBee’s BeePedia
PFRDA IT Mock Tests
For any and every exam preparation, taking timely mock tests is an indispensable practice. There are numerous benefits attached with the same. It helps you understand your overall as well as subject-specific preparation for the exam. Similarly, it helps you identify your weaknesses and strengths. So, take PFRDA Mock Tests as often as you can.
PFRDA Online Courses
- More than 500 video lessons covering the whole syllabus
- More than 150 study notes as per the new exam pattern
- Full-length practice tests for PFRDA Officer Grade ‘A’ Phase 1 and Phase 2 for the IT Stream
- More than 10,000 practice questions based on the latest pattern
- More than75 chapter tests for easy understanding of concepts
- Daily live online classes for doubt clarification with the subject experts
- Guidance for Group Discussion and Interview Round
In closing, we’d like to remind you once again that September 16, 2021, is the last day before the application window closes. So, kindly fill in your application today itself.
Team ixamBee wishes you the best of luck.
At ixamBee you can find a number of Free Mock Tests, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.