The Staff Selection Commission recruits staff and personnel for various departments in Group B, Group C and Group D level positions. SSC MTS is a Group C service group that stands for Staff Selection Commission exam for Multitasking (non-technical) Staff. The staff works for departments and ministries at the Central government level.
In today’s article, we will go over the details of this exam such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus and such. We will also try to understand how we should prepare in order to successfully clear this exam.
SSC MTS Posts
Firstly, as aforementioned, the recruitment through the SSC MTS exam is for Group C posts in different States /UTs. The different posts for which the Staff Selection Commission recruits candidates through this examination are:
- Junior Gestetner Operator
SSC MTS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
|Age as on January 1, 2021||Candidate must be between 18 and 25 years of age (as applicable for the post)|
Candidate must be between 18 and 27 years of age (as applicable for the post)
|Education||The candidates must have passed Matriculation Examination, i.e., class 10, or its equivalent from a recognized board.|
The result of the required educational qualification must have been declared by the Board/ Institute/ University by the specified date, i.e., January 1, 2021.
Also take a look at Government jobs after class 12.
SSC MTS Salary
The salary of an SSC MTS personnel is between ₹18,000 to Rs.22,000 per month
SSC MTS 2021 Exam Pattern
The selection process is conducted over 2 stages that comprise 1 paper each. There is no interview.
Paper 1 is an objective-type paper that tests 4 subjects for 100 marks. The total time allotted is 1 hour 30 Minutes (2 hours for candidates eligible for scribes). Take a look at all the details in the table below.
|Subjects||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25|
Paper 2 will require candidates to write one short essay/letter.
|Test||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|Descriptive English||50||30 minutes (extra 10 minutes for candidates with scribe)|
- Paper 2 will be qualifying in nature.
- Qualifying marks in Paper 2 will be 40% for unreserved category and 35% for all reserved category candidates.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.25 mark for every wrong answer in Paper 1.
- There is no interview.
Take a look at the complete SSC MTS 2021 Syllabus.
SSC MTS Exam Preparation
- Subscribe to ixamBee’s SSCBee YouTube Channel for free study videos.
- Do not take the General Awareness section for granted. Read up on all the latest events around the world on ixamBee’s BeePedia and stay up to date.
- Keep practicing Reasoning and Numerical Ability topics as much as you can. These are generally the 2 sections that students struggle with the most.
- Always refer to previous year papers to understand the kind of questions asked and the weightage given to each topic per subject.
- In the actual exam, if you are unable to answer any question, just skip it. Focus your time on answering questions you actually can.
- Practice writing 1 essay/letter every week. This will help you prepare for the descriptive paper.
SSC MTS 2021 Mock Tests
Now that the exam dates are knocking at our doors, it would be a good time to take SSC MTS free mock tests every day to strengthen our preparation. It is a good exercise to gauge the level of your preparation while at the same time assessing the standard of questions asked.