The SIDBI Grade A 2022 recruitment is underway. The notification has been released for 100 vacancies. Moreover, the Online Written Test is scheduled to take place on April 16, 2022. Since there is only one week left for the SIDBI Grade A 2022 exam, we hope that you are utilising the remaining time judiciously.
In today’s blog, we are going to discuss the complete SIDBI Grade A General Awareness syllabus and preparation strategy. So, we urge you to stay till the end as we will also be discussing the past year GA pattern.
- 1 What is SIDBI?
- 2 Why is SIDBI Important?
- 3 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Exam Pattern
- 4 SIDBI Grade A General Awareness: 2016 Analysis
- 5 GA Pattern in the Past: Other Similar Exams
- 6 SIDBI Grade A 2022: General Awareness Syllabus
- 7 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Expected GA Pattern
- 8 ixamBee’s BeePedia for SIDBI Grade A General Awareness
- 9 Online Course
- 10 Mock Tests
- 11 Also Read
What is SIDBI?
SIDBI is an All India Financial Institution (AIFI), which was established under the special Act of the Parliament 1988, on April 01, 1990. It’s a primary financial Institution with an objective to promote, develop and finance the MSME (Micro Small and Medium Enterprise) sector.
Also Read: Full Form of SIDBI with All Details
Why is SIDBI Important?
- SIDBI plays an important role because the MSME sector is a priority sector for India and it plays a vital role in the economic and social development of the country.
- Furthermore, if we look at some statistics provided in the Economic Survey 2022, the MSME sector accounts for 45% of the total manufacturing output, 40% of exports and 30% of the national GDP.
- It is also one of the biggest employers providing maximum employment opportunities in the country.
- Moreover, during the pandemic, the government has been focused on saving the MSME sector through fiscal and monetary measures.
- After a long time, some key changes have been brought to the MSME Act, 2006. A new definition of MSMEs has been introduced to bring in more companies that can be classified as MSME companies.
- The Union Budget 2022-23 also highlighted the importance of the MSME sector. There was a specific segment in the Budget, where the government has focused on certain important schemes and interlinking of various portals that will help to develop the MSME sector.
- Therefore, SIDBI is a very important Development Institution in our country that is playing a critical role in our economy today.
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Exam Pattern
Let us first understand the SIDBI Grade A exam pattern.The SIDBI Grade A exam will be a single level written exam, consisting of objective as well as descriptive questions.
In the objective part, there will be a section on General Awareness (with special focus on Banking and Financial sector and Economic & Social Issues).
SIDBI Grade A General Awareness: 2016 Analysis
The next step is to look at the GA pattern in the SIDBI 2016 exam to understand the types of questions that were asked. However, in 2016, the GA pattern was slightly different as it was not specifically focused on the Banking/Financial sector/Economic & Social Issues.
In the SIDBI 2016 exam, the GA section consisted of 40 questions. Let’s look at the types of questions asked in SIDBI 2016 GA section-
GA Pattern in the Past: Other Similar Exams
Since the last SIDBI exam was in 2016, many exams of other Regulators and Development Institutions have taken place based on this similar pattern.
- 50-55% of questions were asked from financial and economic awareness.
- 70-75% is dynamic.
- Sports and important days are a recurring topic.
Therefore, you must cover at least 6 months of current affairs to be in a comfortable position with respect to your GA preparation.
Also read: Detailed SIDBI 2016 Exam Analysis
SIDBI Grade A 2022: General Awareness Syllabus
Now that we have gone through the exam pattern and previous year GA analysis, let’s shift our focus on the SIDBI Grade A General Awareness syllabus to understand exactly what you should be studying.
For your convenience, we have divided the GA syllabus in four parts. Let’s understand each part carefully-
Banking & Financial Sector
- You must read about the Regulators (RBI, SEBI, IRDAI, PFRDA) and AIFIs (NHB, SIDBI, EXIM Bank, NABARD, NaBFID) and their existence, key functions, chairmen and the Acts from which they derive their powers.
- Types of Banks and NBFCs
- Basics of Money Market
- Basics of Capital Market
- Payment systems and related terms
- Banks and HQ and their Heads
- RBI related news
- Bank related news
Economic and Social Issues
- The major focus will be on the MSME sector and MSME schemes
- International Organisations- IMF, WTO, World Bank
- Balance of Payments
- Financial Inclusion Schemes and FI Index
- PSL basics
- Union Budget 2022 and Economic Survey 2022
- SDG and Human Development
- Economic, National & International news
- Important Books-Authors
- Any Summits, key events
- Any Awards in news
You can refer to the detailed SIDBI Grade A 2022 Syllabus here
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Expected GA Pattern
|Topic||Number of Questions|
|Banking & FInance- static||8|
|Banking & Finance- dynamic||10|
|Union Budget & Economic Survey||5|
|Economic & Social Issues- static||5|
ixamBee’s BeePedia for SIDBI Grade A General Awareness
To ace your General Awareness preparation, you can refer to ixamBee’s BeePedia. It will provide you with all the relevant content for the SIDBI Grade A examination in one place.
- BeePedia covers Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Economic news updates and Financial news updates, weekly Current Affairs,National & International News, Science & Technology, Agriculture & Rural Development, Awards and Sports.
- It covers the updates from various government ministries and the Press Information Bureau (PIB).
- It also covers the relevant static information related to the current affairs/news to provide you the convenience of all related information at one place.
- BeePedia is published weekly and a monthly magazine is published at the end of every month. It can be downloaded as a PDF.
- BeePedia is available in English and Hindi.
If you are planning to appear for the SIDBI Grade A 2022 exam, you need proper guidance to ace the exam. So, to help you with your exam preparation, ixamBee is providing the SIDBI Grade A (Assistant Manager) Online Course, which has been especially curated for you by our experts.
However, if you are still not sure whether you need this course or not, you can check out our demo lectures for SIDBI Grade A Assistant Manager and then come to a conclusion.
From the above discussion, it is evident that mock tests play a crucial part in your exam preparation. Therefore, practice will be the key to your success. You can take SIDBI Assistant Manager free mock tests on a regular basis to keep up with the ongoing trend. Moreover, the mock tests will assist you in identifying your weak areas and judge your preparation before the exam.
At ixamBee you can find a number of Online Courses, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.