The SBI Clerk Mains 2021 that were scheduled to be held on July 31, 2021, have been indefinitely postponed. However, that is no reason for us to procrastinate. In fact, we should use this time fruitfully so that when the exam date is actually announced, we do not have to rummage for study material.
Also, there are no Interviews for selection of Junior Associates or clerks. So, your performance on the Mains paper will determine if you make it through.
We strongly urge you to not let any delay or demotivation get in the way of your preparation. We have designed a strategy below that you can use as you prepare for the SBI Clerk Mains 2021 exam.
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
There are 4 sections in the Mains paper. 190 questions will be assessed for 200 marks. Although there is sectional time division as well, the total time allotted is 2 hours 40 minutes or 160 minutes. Take a look at all the details in the table below.
|Name of test||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 minutes|
SBI Clerk Mains Study Plan
Since the notification has not been released yet, we can assume that we have at least 1 month in hand for our preparation. So divide the 4 weeks for the study of the 4 subjects. Dedicate 1 entire week to the study of each subject. If the exam notification is still not out by then, you can repeat the process all over again.
If you are preparing for any other exam as well like RBI Assistant, IBPS PO or NIACL AO, we hope these tips and guidelines will aid you in preparing for
SBI Clerk Mains Preparation Tips
- Take a look at the entire SBI Clerk Mains syllabus if you have not already.
- Familiarize yourself with the exam pattern that has already been shared with you above.
- Find your strengths and weaknesses. Often, we hear from students that they find the Quantitative Aptitude and English Language sections of the paper most challenging. If this is the case for you as well, you should dedicate special time and attention towards it. Now that we have some extra time on our hands, make the most of it to eliminate your shortcomings.
- Be mindful of the sectional time division. You must ensure you are able to complete each section within its allotted time frame.
- If speed is an issue for you, you should use this time to work on solving questions quickly and correctly.
- Speed (with accuracy) is of utmost importance in the Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning sections. So, you must dedicate some time each day to solving Quant and Reasoning questions.
- If you are worried about your English Language preparation, you should begin with some light reading. For example, you should read newspaper or academic articles that will not only help you improve your English but also help you with your General Awareness preparation.
- You can even read books or magazines at your leisure that will help you augment your language skills.
- If you enjoy listening more than reading, you can watch the news in English or listen to audiobooks that will help you.
- Finally, ixamBee’s BeePedia is your one-stop solution for your General Awareness preparation. We provide crisp current affairs capsules that you can study. BeePedia is also available in Hindi.
Evaluate Your Preparation
It is always a good idea to evaluate your preparation at every step as you go along. For this, two resources are particularly beneficial; mock tests and previous years’ question papers. From time to time, you should take the SBI Clerk Mains free mock tests that will help you evaluate your performance. Use this evaluation to identify the areas that need more of your time.
Similarly, you must review SBI Clerk Mains previous years’ papers that will help you understand the level of assessment and where you stand vis-à-vis it.
We hope these pointers will be useful for your overall preparation. However, we would also recommend that you fashion the plan based on your subjective needs. One size does not fit all. That is why you can take assistance from this blueprint and make a personalized study plan. You can draw inspiration from Arunima ma’am’s preparation strategy.
For any assistance, ixamBee is at your disposal. Our SBI Clerk Online Course will provide you with all the material you need coupled with live classes and one-on-one interaction with our faculty members. The course will equip you with the following:
- Video Lessons & Live Discussions.
- Video Lessons are followed by concept clearing questions
- Live online classes will be conducted by faculty members for discussions and doubts clarifications.
- Guidance, Tips and Preparation Strategy from Subject Experts is provided at every stage.
At ixamBee you can find a number of Online Courses, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.