- 1 What is PM KISAN Yojana?
- 2 PM KISAN Scheme Overview
- 3 PM KISAN Scheme Highlights
- 4 PM KISAN Objectives
- 5 PM KISAN Eligibility
- 6 Categories excluded
- 7 Documents Required
- 8 What’s New?
- 9 PM KISAN 10th Installment
- 10 PM KISAN Status Check
- 11 PM KISAN Thus Far
- 12 Other Schemes for Farmers and Rural Development
- 13 Study with ixamBee
- 14 Also Read
What is PM KISAN Yojana?
Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi (PM-Kisan) Scheme is an initiative by Government of India in which 120 million small and marginal Indian farmers between the age of 18 and 40, owning less than 2 hectares of land will receive ₹6,000 per year as minimum income support. The scheme was announced by Piyush Goyal during the 2019 Interim Union Budget of India on 1 February 2019.
The scheme was officially launched by the Prime Minister on February 24, 2021. ₹6,000 per year will be paid to each eligible farmer in three installments. This amount will be deposited directly to their bank accounts that have been linked with their Aadhar Cards.
PM KISAN Scheme Overview
- This is a Centre scheme and is completely sponsored by the government.
- A total support of ₹6000 will be provided in three equal instalments of ₹2000 over the course of each year.
- The scheme clearly highlights who is eligible for its benefits and who is not.
- The State and UT administrations will play a central part in pinning down aforementioned beneficiaries.
- The money will be transferred directly to the beneficiary’s bank account linked to their Aadhar Card.
- The scheme came into function on December 1, 2018.
- At its inception, the scheme was launched with a budgetary allocation of ₹20,000 crore.
PM KISAN Scheme Highlights
|Launched by||Piyush Goyal (Interim Finance Minister)|
|Announcement date||1st February|
|Target beneficiaries||Small and marginal farmers|
|First Instalment date||1/12/2018 to 31/3/2019|
|Scheme Purpose||To Provide Financial Support To Farmers|
|Scheme Type||Central Government Scheme|
|10th Instalment||December 15, 2021|
PM KISAN Objectives
- To supplement the incomes of the small and marginal farmers.
- Assistance in procuring raw materials and equipment for farming as required.
- Checking the farmers’ dependence upon local moneylenders to meet short-term needs.
PM KISAN Eligibility
Who is eligible to apply to reap the benefits of this scheme?
- Landholding farmers’ families with cultivable landholding to their name.
- Farmers from urban and rural areas can apply.
- Small and Marginal Farmers families (SMFs).
- Former and present holders of constitutional posts.
- Former and present Ministers/ State Ministers and former/present Members of Lok Sabha/ /Rajya Sabha State Legislative Assemblies/ State Legislative Councils, former and present Mayors of Municipal Corporations, former and present Chairpersons of District Panchayats.
- All serving or retired officers and employees of Central/ State Government Ministries /Offices/Departments and its field units Central or State PSEs and Attached offices /Autonomous Institutions under Government as well as regular employees of the Local Bodies (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff /Class IV/Group D employees)
- All superannuated/retired pensioners whose monthly pension is ₹10,000/-or more (Excluding Multi Tasking Staff / Class IV/Group D employees) of the above category
- All Persons who paid Income Tax in the last assessment year
- Professionals like Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Chartered Accountants, and Architects registered with Professional bodies and carrying out profession by undertaking practices.
[Retrieved from https://pmkisan.gov.in/. PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi. Accessed on November 23, 2021]
- Landholding papers including the size of the land
- Aadhaar card
- Bank account details
- ID Proof like Driving License or Voter ID
- Working mobile number
- Bank passbook
- Address proof
- Ration Card
As of November 2021, the government has made it mandatory for eligible farmers to also submit their Ration cards along with other relevant documents. Farmers who are unable to produce their Ration cards along with the remaining documents will not be able to draw benefit from this scheme. This has been done to curb fraudulent behaviour from ineligible claimants.
PM KISAN 10th Installment
The 10th payment installment of the scheme will be credited on December 15, 2021.
PM KISAN Status Check
You can visit the official website and go to the “Farmers Corner” on the right hand side of the page. Here, you can check the beneficiary status, beneficiary list, download KCC form and more.
PM KISAN Thus Far
- In the Fiscal Year 2021-22, the government of India allocated ₹1,31,531 crore for the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare.
- ₹65,000 crore was allocated in the FY 2021-22 for the scheme.
- Between August and November 2021, a total of 10,85,64,718 payments were made
Other Schemes for Farmers and Rural Development
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY)
- Personal Accident Insurance Scheme (PAIS)
- Operation Greens
- PM Kisan Maan Dhan Yojana
- Gramin Bhandaran Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana
- Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi.
- Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- Soil Health Card
Study with ixamBee
ixamBee has a number of online courses that you can choose from depending upon your needs and the exam(s) you would like to take. Moreover, we also encourage you to look at some of the other government schemes listed for you in the following section as you prepare for your exams.
We wish you the very best!
At ixamBee you can find a number of Online Courses, Free Mock Tests, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD, and Other Government Jobs.