When considering jobs, candidates always take into account the salary and benefits they will receive in lieu of their service, as well they should! In fact, when considering public sector jobs, there is no dearth of perks that you will enjoy during your service. In this article, we will discuss at length the salary, job profile and career growth of Specialist Officers that work with the public sector banks in India.
- 1 IBPS SO Recruitment 2021
- 2 IBPS SO Salary
- 3 Perks and Allowances
- 4 IBPS SO Job Profile
- 5 IBPS SO Career Growth
- 6 IBPS SO Exam Preparation
- 7 Also read
IBPS SO Recruitment 2021
The IBPS SO notification 2021 was released on November 2 for the recruitment of 1828 Specialist Officers in 6 streams. For those of you who wish to apply for any of these Specialist Officer posts, you should do that immediately. The IBPS SO application window will remain open between November 3, 2021 and November 23, 2021.
Take a look at the total IBPS SO vacancies announced for 2022-23.
IBPS SO Salary
Take a look at the details of the lucrative salary received by Scale 1 Specialist Officers.
- Basic monthly salary: ₹23,700
- Gross monthly salary: ₹38,000
- Pay Scale: ₹ 23700-980/7-30560-1145/2-32850-1310/7-42020
Perks and Allowances
Aside from a handsome monthly salary, Specialist Officers also receive a number of monthly/ yearly allowances that aids them in taking care of their needs and enjoying a comfortable lifestyle.
- House lease- ₹7000
- Petrol- ₹3000
- Newspaper- ₹500
- Mobile- ₹500
- Cleaning- ₹ 650
- Entertainment- ₹5000
- Medical- ₹8000
In case you were not already motivated enough earlier, we hope this dishy pay scale and added perks convince you to try your luck with this exam. Take a look at the detailed IBPS SO Notification 2021.
IBPS SO Job Profile
Let us now one by one quickly glance over the duties and responsibilities for Specialist Officers for each stream.
Agriculture Field Officer
- Stimulating rural financing
- Promoting the products offered by banks in rural areas and among farmers
- Expending farmer loans
- Monitoring agricultural loans
This year, a whopping 884 vacancies have been released for this post. Begin your preparation today with ixamBee’s IBPS SO AFO Online Course.
- Data maintenance and tech support
- Hardware & network security
- Troubleshooting hardware/software errors
- Taking care of ATM, internet and mobile banking queries and concerns
- Ensure that the bank follows all the rules and regulations directed by the RBI
- Draft legal documents for the bank
- Guides the bank to act in accordance with various laws like Banking Regulation Act, Foreign Exchange Management Act and Companies Act
HR/ Personnel Officer
- Overseeing all HR activities
- Informing job applicants of job duties, responsibilities, benefits, schedules, working conditions, promotion opportunities
- Ensuring the completion of paperwork for new recruits
- Addressing any employment relations issues, such as work complaints and harassment allegations
- Processing all personnel action forms and ensuring proper approval
- Amend and reform HR policies of the bank if and when required
Confused about where to begin? Our IBPS SO HR Officer Online Course has been especially curated for you to begin your preparation from scratch.
- Promote the bank and its business
- Formulating bank policies
- Supporting the marketing manager in overseeing the department’s functions
- Look into all aspects of marketing
- Research and analyses of current market trends, competitor offerings, demographics and all other constants and variables that affect marketing strategies
- Appraise and evaluate all marketing campaigns and ideas before they are put into action
- Translating and proofreading banking documents from Hindi to English and vice-versa
- Training employees in the local language
Take a look at ixamBee’s IBPS SO Rajbhasha Exclusive Online Course
IBPS SO Career Growth
Irrespective of which specialized stream you join with, the career progression opportunities for a Scale 1 Specialist Officer with public sector banks have been provided for you below.
- Scale 1 – Officer / Assistant Manager (You start here)
- Scale 2 – Manager
- Scale 3 – Senior Manager
- Scale 4 – Chief Manager
- Scale 5 – Asst. General Manager
- Scale 6 – Deputy General Manager
- Scale 7 – General Manager.
IBPS SO Exam Preparation
For all your study-related needs, ixamBee is your one-stop solution. We offer a range of online courses to help you prepare for this exam in a field of your choosing. Follow the links to learn more.
We wish you the very best!