- 1 40% General Awareness Weightage in RBI Grade B
- 2 The Exam Pattern
- 3 How to Prepare the General Awareness Section?
- 4 Where to cover all these?
- 5 Things Must to Do
- 6 What not to read?
40% General Awareness Weightage in RBI Grade B
40% of Phase 1 of RBI Grade B exam is GA and GA preparation will immensely help you in Phase 2 ESI and to some extent in FM papers. Your understanding of current affairs topics will further your thoughts on essay writing in English Descriptive paper of Phase 2.
Therefore, your General Awareness preparation requires an in-depth understanding of news with special attention to news related to economics, governance, finance, banking, and other relevant topics. Planned in a systematic manner, you can score 60 plus marks in GA
The Exam Pattern
RBI Grade B Prelims Exam Pattern 2021 consists of four sections- English Language, Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, and General Awareness. You will be given a total of 120 minutes to solve the exam. RBI Grade B Prelims exam will have a sectional time limit also that will be informed later by RBI.
General Awareness holds 80 marks which are the maximum amidst all the sections. There will be 80 questions of 80 marks for which you will get the sectional timing. This section having 80 marks can really make or mar your chances of clearing Phase I. You really need to be prepared with the General Awareness section to ensure that you answer as many questions correctly as possible. And to be on that level, you need to start your preparation today.
How to Prepare the General Awareness Section?
You can score 60+ marks in this section if you have prepared it properly. From the perspective of RBI Grade B 2021 Phase I preparation, General Awareness can be divided into 3 parts:
- Static Awareness
- Static Banking & Economy Awareness
- Current Affairs
Let’s have a look at the preparation resources of each of these parts. Preparing from these resources will definitely help you score good marks in the General Awareness section.
General Awareness- Static Awareness Preparation
In the past years’ question papers of RBI Grade B Phase I, it can be observed that 10-15 questions are asked from Static GK. The questions may include the areas mentioned below.
- Dams and Thermal Power Plants
- National Parks
- Wildlife Sanctuaries and Biodiversity Hotspots
- Indian Cities on River Banks
- Stadiums in India
- Famous Monuments and Temples
- Countries and Capitals
- CMs and Governors
These above topics should be enough to cover maximum questions for Static GK in RBI Grade B 2021 Phase I.
General Awareness- Static Banking & Economy Awareness
This is one of the important parts of the General Awareness section of RBI Grade B Phase I. Since you will be working for the apex bank of India, you need to be very thorough with banking terminologies like repo rate, MSF, CAGR, BIS and others. This section will have 15-25 questions asked.
General Awareness- Current Affairs
Current Affairs is the most important part of the General Awareness section. Almost 50-60 questions are asked from this area. Be thorough with the last 4 months of current affairs. Keep updating your current affairs even until a couple of days before the Phase I exam date. At times, current affairs questions in RBI Grade B Phase I exam were based on the events that occurred 2-3 days before the exam date.
Where to cover all these?
Financial awareness & static GK is also covered in newspapers & in our BeePedia (available for free on a weekly as well as monthly basis). BeePedia is a comprehensive document to address the General Awareness (GA) content requirement. BeePedia covers Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, Economic news updates and Financial news updates, weekly Current Affairs, Banking Awareness, the updates from various government ministries and Press Information Bureau (PIB). It also covers the relevant static information related to the current affairs/news to provide you the convenience of all related information at one place.
Things Must to Do
- Study & Revise: Read Beepedia monthly compilation on a regular basis and keep revising the old weekly PDFs ones as well.
- Mock tests: Take current affairs mocks on a regular basis to check your knowledge level. Be it the RBI Grade B phase 1 or RBI Grade B phase 2, the duration of these phases is limited and also has negative marking for every wrong answer, hence it is imperative that you take RBI Grade B 2021 free online mock tests in order to test your time management skills.
What not to read?
- RBI Website: Now is not the time to dive in the content of RBI website. All the related and necessary information are already mentioned in the BeePedia.
- Full Document on Budget & Economic Survey: Reading the complete document is a waste of time and energy. The important point for exam purpose will be mentioned in the newspaper. Economic survey is important to read to know the change in the current financial year. But the whole document is not for the examination purpose.
Remember the concept of ROTI? Return on Time Invested. Time is your best friend. The more you will invest the more you will get. Kickstart your preparation by our RBI Grade B Exclusive Course 2021 curated on the latest exam pattern with study plan for descriptive papers. If you have any input/feedback for us, please let us know in the comments section below.
Also Read:займ онлайн восточный банкоформить займ онлайн без отказазайм под птс онлайн на карту