The ESIC SSO recruitment 2022 is underway. The notification was released for 93 vacancies. We hope that you have already applied for the ESIC SSO 2022 exam.
In this blog, we will discuss the complete preparation strategy and the past year cut-off for the ESIC SSO exam 2022. Therefore, if you are appearing for the ESIC SSO 2022 exam, we encourage you to go through the information provided below carefully.
- 1 ESIC SSO 2022: Exam Pattern
- 2 ESIC SSO 2022: Subject-wise Preparation Strategy
- 3 Resources for ESIC SSO 2022
- 4 Also Read:
ESIC SSO 2022: Exam Pattern
Let us understand the ESIC SSO exam pattern before we go into the preparation strategy. The ESIC SSO exam pattern is similar to the Bank PO/Clerk exams. The difficulty level of the Prelims and Mains will also be similar to the Bank PO/Clerk exams. In Prelims, the questions will be of easy to moderate level. Whereas, in Mains, the level of the exam will be moderate to difficult.
The ESIC SSO exam 2022 will be conducted in three phases-
- Preliminary Exam (Phase-1)
- Mains Exam (Phase-2)
- Computer Skill Test/Descriptive Test (Phase-3)
ESIC SSO 2022: Prelims Exam Pattern & Past Year Cut-off
Given below is the ESIC SSO Prelims exam pattern-
|Subject/Sections||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||20 minutes|
- Phase 1 is only qualifying in nature.
- Moreover, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
ESIC SSO 2018 Prelims Cut-off
In 2018, ESIC had released 539 vacancies for the post of SSO and 6202 candidates were shortlisted for the Phase 2 exam.
|Category||English||Reasoning||Quantitative Aptitude||Cut-off Marks|
- From the above, if we just look at the UR category, the overall cut- off was 71 marks and the sectional cut-off was around 45% for each section, which was the minimum qualifying marks.
- Since there were 539 vacancies in 2018, the overall cut- off for the Unreserved category was 71 marks. But, in 2022, because there are only 93 vacancies, the overall cut-off will be between 80 to 85 marks.
ESIC SSO 2022: Mains Exam Pattern & Past Year Cut-off
Now, let’s look at the ESIC SSO Mains exam pattern-
|Section||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||40||60||35 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Financial/ Insurance Awareness||40||40||20 minutes|
|English Language||30||40||30 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||40||60||35 minutes|
- Phase 2 marks will be considered for final selection.
- There is a negative marking of 1/4th marks for wrong answers.
ESIC SSO 2018: Mains Cut-off
2115 candidates were called for Phase 3 in 2018. Let’s look at the overall and sectional cut-off for ESIC SSO 2018 Mains exam-
|Category||Reasoning||General/ Economy/ Financial/ Insurance Awareness||English Language||Quantitative Aptitude||Cut-off Marks|
ESIC SSO 2022: Subject-wise Preparation Strategy
Now that we have understood the exam pattern and previous year cut-off, let’s focus on how to prepare for the ESIC SSO 2022 exam.
For this, we will divide the preparation strategy subject-wise.
- Quadratic Equations
- Number Series
- DI/Caselet DI
- Profit & Loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple & Compound Interest
- Average and Mixture & Alligation
- Number System, HCF & LCM
- Time, Speed & Distance
- Time & WOrk
- From the Quantitative Aptitude syllabus discussed above, you can start your preparation with topics like Quadratic Equations, Number Series and Simplification. These topics are quite easy and you can expect around 10 to 15 questions from these chapters.
- Another 10 to 15 questions will be based on DI/Caselet DI. Therefore, it’s important that you practice DI/Caselet DI questions regularly.
- Lastly, the remaining 10 to 15 questions will be asked from Arithmetic, which include- Percentage, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Ages/Partnership, Simple & Compound Interest, Average and Mixture & Alligation, Number System, HCF & LCM, Time, Speed & Distance, Time & Work and Mensuration
- From the Arithmetic section, you can start with easy topics like Ages, Partnership, Ratio & Proportion and Time & Work
- Direct & Indirect Speech
- Parts of Speech
- Subject Verb Agreement
- Active & Passive Voice
- Rules of Grammar
- Error Detection/Spotting Error
- Sentence Rearrangement
- Homonyms/Homophones & Fillers
- Articles & Prepositions
- Reading Comprehension
- In English Language, questions will be asked on Grammar, Vocabulary and Reading Comprehension.
- Moreover, a good knowledge of English Grammar will help you in solving questions on Error Spotting, Sentence Completion, Cloze Test, Reading Comprehension, etc.
- Commonsense Reasoning
- Blood Relation
- Coded Inequalities
- Seating Arrangement
- Input Output
- Analytical Reasoning
- There are not too many topics in Reasoning. Therefore, we would urge you to not leave any topics.
- In Reasoning, questions on Puzzles & Seating Arrangement carry the maximum weightage.
- Therefore, you will have to practice at least 5 to 6 sets of Puzzles and Seating Arrangement questions regularly.
- The remaining chapters are quite simple and can be covered easily with a basic understanding of the concepts.
Also See: ESIC SSO 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Resources for ESIC SSO 2022
Ultimate BeeBanker Online Course
If you are preparing for the ESIC SSO 2022 exam or any Bank PO/Clerk exam, ixamBee’s Ultimate BeeBanker Online Course is your one-stop solution. This course will help you in preparing for all Bank PO/Clerk exams simultaneously. You will not have to refer to multiple resources. Furthermore, the duration of this course is 2 years. What’s more? If you are unable to qualify any exam in 2 years, you will be entitled to a full refund of your course fee. Some other features of this course are-
- 400+ Video Lessons
- 200+ Study Notes
- 150+ Difficulty Based Chapter Tests
- 10 Descriptive English Mock Tests
- 10000+ Practice Questions
- Daily Live Classes
- 10 One-onOne Individual Sessions
Free Mock Tests
Another important aspect of your ESIC SSO 2022 exam preparation is to practice through ESIC SSO Free Mock Tests. It will keep you abreast with the latest question trend. Furthermore, mock tests will help you in judging your preparation and performance.
Team ixamBee wishes you the best!