The Exam for ESIC will be conducted through a nationwide competitive examination, in three stage process i.e. Phase I (on-line screening examination for 100 marks), Phase II (on-line examination consisting of three papers for total 200 marks) and Phase III (Computer Skill Test & Descriptive Test).
Name of the Test (Objective Tests)
No. of Qs.
1. Phase –I is qualifying in nature and marks will not be reckoned for final merit.
2. For each wrong answer, there will be a negative marking of one fourth of the mark assigned to that question.
3. The candidates will be shortlisted for Phase-II in the ratio of 1:10 i.e. about 10 times the number of vacancies in each category on the basis of their performance in Phase - I.
4. If the examination is held in more than one session, the scores across various sessions will be equated following standard practice to adjust for slight differences in difficulty level of different test batteries used across sessions
General/ Economy/ Financial/ Insurance Awareness
1. The marks obtained in Phase – II will be considered for final selection.
3. The candidates will be shortlisted for Phase-III in the ratio of 1:5 i.e. about 5 times the number of vacancies in each category on the basis of their performance in Phase - II.
Name of test
Computer Skill Test (CST)
Preparation of 02 Power Points Slides
Typing matter on MS Word with formatting
Preparation of Table on MS Excel with use of formulae
Descriptive Paper - English Language
Letter Writing & Essay
Qualifying Marks: - Qualifying Marks in Phase-I (Preliminary Exam.), Phase – II (Main Exam.) and Phase –III Computer Skill Test/Objective Type Computer Test for PWDs & Descriptive Paper will be decided at the discretion of ESIC
Already a member? Log in
Already a member? Sign in