Vocabulary plays a vital role in the world of competitive exams. Therefore, it is essential to be well versed of the vocabulary section. To increase the grip in the English section, one can refer the Hindu editorial part which will surely help in Reading comprehension part as well as in improving the vocab. This will help in the Upcoming exams like RBI Assistant, SBI Clerk and NABARD Grade A. Following are the important words of the two editorials published on The Hindu on February 03, 2020:
Falling short of aspirations by Ram Singh
- Elude [Verb]: Escape, Be incomprehensible, and Dodge.
- Paltry [Adjective]: Not worth considering, miserable.
- Prudent [Adjective]: Careful and sensible.
- Mired [Adjective]: Entangled, unable to move further.
- Rekindle [Verb]: kindly anew, arouse again.
- Credence [Noun]: An attitude that something is believable and should be accepted as true.
- Deluge [Noun]: an overwhelming number, flood, and cloudburst.
- Unfathomable [Adjective]: Incapable of being fully understood.
Cognisant of constraints
- Belying [verb]: be in contradiction, negate.
- Rejigged [Verb]: Re equip a factory or plant.
The Budget’s blurred social sector vision by Dipa Sinha
- Slump [Verb]: Assume a drooping posture or carriage.
- Stagnant [Adjective]: Not circulating or flowing, dead, without force.
Also Read:лайм займ личный кабинет входзайм екапуста личный кабинетзайм на киви без регистрации карты