The IBPS SO Mains Exam is expected to be held in January 2022. This gives us approximately 1 month to prepare. In which case, our only option is to deep-dive into our preparation right away.
In this article, we will cover how to prepare for IBPS SO Agriculture Field Officer (AFO) Mains exam. For this, we will look at the important topics and the materials you can refer to for your study.
IBPS SO AFO Mains Exam Pattern
For the IBPS SO Mains exam, there will be only one paper that tests only one subject, i.e., Professional Knowledge. The test will be objective in nature.
|Name of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Duration|
|Professional Knowledge||60||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
IBPS SO AFO Mains Syllabus
Take a look at the complete IBPS SO AFO Syllabus before you proceed.
IBPS SO AFO Mains Books
|Fundamentals of Agriculture Vol. 1 & 2||Arun Katyayan|
|Agriculture at a Glance||R.K. Sharma|
|A Competitive Book of Agriculture||Nem Raj Sunda|
|Objective Agriculture||S.R. Kantwa|
|General Agriculture||Muniraj Singh Rathod|
IBPS SO AFO Mains Other Resources
You should also check out the following resources from time to time.
- Kurukshetra and Yojana magazines
- Official Sites of ICAR, NABARD and RBI
- Current Agriculture schemes and their budgetary allocation
- Agriculture production and productivity data
- PIB reports
IBPS SO AFO Mains Preparation
- Before we begin, please note, you will be shortlisted for an Interview (or not) based on your performance in the Mains exam only. Therefore, you need to perform adequately.
- If you read the IBPS SO AFO previous year’s exam analysis, you will gain a fair idea of the kind of questions asked. Moreover, you will also be able to understand which topics are more important than others.
- Therefore, IBPS SO AFO previous year papers and analysis is always a good cornerstone to begin your preparation.
- Give more time and attention to important topics like;
- soil science
- animal husbandry
- current agriculture
- Read reports like Forest report, livestock census, APEDA report, NABARD Reports, National Horticulture Board data and the like from time to time.
- Besides, you must ensure that you are up-to-date with current agriculture information. As you will see during the course of your preparation, a fairly large number of questions are asked on current agriculture affairs.
- Data and statistics about current agriculture and allied industries is quite important for this exam.
- All in all, the ratio of questions from current agriculture to agriculture knowledge (subject-based) is 60:40.
- You will also be asked questions on animal husbandry, agroforestry, entomology, poultry, Agri engineering, food science and fisheries.
- Needless to say, you must take IBPS SO AFO mains mock tests at regular intervals.
- Watch preparation and study videos on ixamBee’s AgriBee YouTube channel.
- Do you need a study plan? Watch Kailash Sir’s (ex-AFO, UBI) video on a day-by-day study plan to achieve success in your exam.
IBPS SO AFO Course
In order to find all resources in one place, you need not look any further. ixamBee’s IBPS SO AFO Mains Course is your one-stop solution for top-quality preparation.
We hope you will heed our advice and begin your preparation immediately. If there’s anything else you’d like to know about the IBPS SO AFO Mains exam, please do reach out to us.
All the best!