FCI is one of the largest Public Sector Undertakings which ensures the quality and security of food grain in India. FCI is to fill in 89 vacancies under various departments i.e. (General Administration, Technical/Accounts/Law & Medical Officer). FCI AGM posts come under category I while FCI Managers come under category II of the corporation. They are in fact the first level of management and function as the front-line Managers in the various cadres to which they are assigned.
The pay scale for each post is attractive. FCI Assistant Manager salary for all streams starts from Rs 60,000 except the Medical Officer where the starting amount is Rs 50,000. The pay scale for FCI Assistant General Manager Salary is governed by Industrial Dearness Allowance pattern scales of pay.
“Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential.” – John Maxwell
Preparing for any job is not a cake walk. Besides a good planning strategy, you also require a dedicated direction that can guide you to the correct destination. Your preparation will depend on the post you are applying for. If you are confused about how to prepare and what to prepare just read the article further.
How to Prepare for FCI AGM 2021?
As the vacancies are limited thus the competition will be soaring high and you need to work hard to achieve your dream and to do that you need to prepare with a powerful strategy. Though the strategy is something that varies from person to person, there are some basic steps that are common to all.
- Scheme of the exam: FCI Assistant General Manager will be a single day exam and will be held online. The exam is going to be held in two phases, Phase 1: Online Test and Phase 2: Interview.
- Exam Pattern: The first step to start your preparation is to know the exam you are going to attempt. Each post comprises an online test of 180 multiple choice questions. A total of 150 minutes will be provided to you to solve the entire test. The sections that are common for each post are (Reasoning, Data Analysis, Numerical Ability), (General Awareness, Current Affairs), (Management and Ethics) and (Agriculture, Agriculture Economy and Computer awareness). An additional section of relevant discipline is added for the candidates writing for Technical/Accounts/Law & Medical Officer posts. There is no negative marking in the FCI AGM 2021 exam.
FCI Assistant General Manager Exam Pattern (General Administration)
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Allotted|
|Reasoning, Data Analysis, Numerical Ability||45||45||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General Awareness, Current Affairs||45||45|
|Management and Ethics||45||45|
|Agriculture, Agriculture Economy and Computer awareness||45||45|
FCI Assistant General Manager Exam Pattern (Technical/Accounts/Law) & Medical Officer
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Allotted|
|Reasoning, Data Analysis, Numerical Ability||30||15||2 hours 30 minutes|
|General Awareness, Current Affairs||30||15|
|Management and Ethics||30||15|
|Agriculture, Agriculture Economy and Computer awareness||30||15|
- Know the syllabus: To begin with your preparation it is highly important that you are completely aware of the syllabus you are going to study. To draw your strategy firstly jot down the syllabus at one place so that your study becomes systemic.
- Review Exam Guidelines: It is really important to know the basic guidelines given by the authorities so that you do not face any problem at later stage. Review the syllabus, know the eligibility criteria, age limit, date of examination, exam centers, and many more.
- Mock Tests: After completing the syllabus, try to attempt as many mocks as you can. Even if you attempt less, try to analyze it thoroughly as it will help in improving your score. It is really beneficial from the examination point of view. The more you analyze the mocks the more you know about your weaknesses and strengths.
- Plan a routine: After analyzing your mock tests you are able to figure out your strengths and weaknesses. Thus, now plan a systematic routine according to your lifestyle. While making a routine focus on your weak areas. Try to devote more time to them. Try to take a break of 10 minutes in between every 50 minutes. This will increase your efficiency.
- Stick to a routine: Planning a routine is easier in comparison to following a routine. If you want to achieve excellence in your exam it is mandatory for you to follow the routine dedicatedly. Dedication and determination is the key to success.
- Revision: Revision is the key to achieve excellence. The more you will revise the more you will see the output. Thus keep on revising as much as you could. Supposedly, you complete a topic in a week then keep your weekends assigned for the revision of all the things studied during the week and attempting mock tests.
- Sound Sleep: A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. For a healthy body and a healthy mind, you need to have a proper sleep of at least 6-7 hours daily.
Points to Remember
- There is no negative marking in the FCI AGM 2021 exam and no sectional cut-off.
- In order to qualify for the online test, you are required to secure a minimum of 50% marks (UR/EWS) or 45% marks for (SC, ST, OBC) and Persons with Benchmark Disabilities. The weightage of the Online Test and the Interview will be 90% and 10% respectively.
- There is great news for candidates belonging to the reserved categories and this time for women candidates too. You are exempted to pay the application fee if you fall in any of the categories whereas candidates belonging to UR/EWS category need to pay Rs. 1000.
- Candidates preparing for exams like RBI Grade B and SEBI Grade A will have an advantage over others in this exam as most of the syllabus is the same. Please check the eligibility criteria before applying for the FCI Assistant General Manager position.
- The salary starts from Rs. 60,000 except for the Medical Officer where the starting amount is Rs 50,000.
- Self-doubt while preparation is your biggest enemy.
FCI AGM Online Course
To smoothen your FCI Assistant General Manager preparation, ixamBee is offering FCI Assistant General Manager (General Administration/ Accounts/Law/Technical) Online courses which has been curated by our experts after thorough analysis and research. Our experts have provided you with everything that will make your FCI Assistant General Manager exam Preparation a cake walk.