FCI – A Brief Introduction
Food Corporation of India was established under the Food Corporation’s Act 1964, to fulfil objectives of the Food Policy thus ensuring the food security of the Nation. Since its inception, FCI has played a significant role in India’s success by distributing food grains through the public distribution system pan India. FCI has transformed the crisis management oriented food security into a stable security system. Its main mission is to make food grains accessible at reasonable prices, especially to the weak errand vulnerable sections of the society under Public Distribution System.
Recently, FCI has invited applications from all eligible candidates for FCI Assistant General Manager recruitment 2021 under General Administration / Technical / Accounts / Law and Medical Officer in its offices spread all over India. There are a total of 89 vacancies and the online exam is scheduled to be held in May / June. Since it is a government job that provides stability and security so the rush to get that one seat is paramount. Besides being aware of the FCI Assistant General Manager exam pattern and syllabus, it’s very important that you have an idea about what the FCI Assistant General Manager Job is all about.
So all your doubts will be cleared here. This article deals with FCI AGM job profile under various heads so that after your selection you know what your role and responsibilities are so that you can contribute to the nation’s development in a fruitful and efficient way.
FCI AGM Job Profile under Different Streams
FCI Assistant General Manager or FCI AGM posted either in the field or at the headquarters is an important cog in the wheel who enables superiors to make decisions based on the ground report. FCI Assistant General Manager acts as an input provider by maintaining all records and documents related to their divisions. FCI Assistant General Manager also confers with management and field officers to determine the food requirements and collects statistics regarding state of affairs in the various zones, regions and districts.
FCI recruitment 2021 has various streams covered under it. Let’s get an insight into different job prospects of FCI Assistant General Manager under various streams one by one.
- FCI AGM – General Administration
- Under the guidance of higher authority he / she is responsible for coordinating various activities under his charge
- Exercise general administrative control over the staff ensuring quick disposal of work, timely submission of reports and returns, elimination of delays
- Plan, assign, organize and direct the flow of work in the section under his charge
- Ensure proper implementation, coordination and strict compliance of the instructions laid down by the Food Corporation of India
- Responsible for maintaining close liaison with the District Authorities and good public contact if posted in the District Office
- FCI AGM – Technical
- C-ordinate the various activities related to the quality control work and laboratory work in the section under charge
- Inspect Depots, Procurement Centre for procured grain quality, hygiene and disinfection arrangements
- Advice staff on remedial measures
- Supervise technical operations for quality control in the region; both in the field as well as in the preservation sectors by visiting operations sectors
- Oversee procurement activities or any other activities dealt within the technical division
- FCI AGM – Accounts
- Responsible for coordinating various activities of the accounts and finance section under charge
- Scrutinize proposals, bills, statements, returns, contracts for accuracy and incorporates additional information with precedent policy which may have been omitted by staff
- Exercise administrative control over the staff ensuring proper disposal of work and timely submission of returns and reports
- Inspect flow of funds to ensure optimum utilization of facilities of overdraft limits
- FCI AGM – Law
- Examine / Tender advice on legal matter, involving litigation, arbitration, interpretation of laws, contracts
- Prepare brief for lawyers
- Scrutiny of documents / agreements, writ petitions, bonds, vetting of tender documents
- FCI AGM – Medical Officer
- Attend patients for examining, diagnosing and prescribing medicines for treatment
- Maintain and compile relevant information on medical statistics
- Examine and diagnose prescriptions by private practitioners and cash memos by Chemist for its genuinity
Hope after reading this blog you are clear about the different job portfolios of FCI Assistant General Manager under various streams. As the FCI Assistant General Manager exam dates are not out yet, so utilize this phase effectively and wisely. Determine your priorities and focus on them so that you don’t regret later.
Also if you are clueless how to prepare and what to prepare you can enrol in ixamBee FCI Assistant General Manager course for streams – Legal, Accounts, Technical and General Administration. These courses will not only help you overcome all your shortcomings in FCI Assistant General Manager exam preparation but will also help you come out with flying colours.