Confused about the preparation strategy for Current Affairs Agriculture for NABARD Grade A, FCI AGM Exam? Many of the aspirants are confused about what and how they should prepare the current agriculture section for exams like NABARD Grade A and FCI AGM. Most of you requested us to devise a preparation strategy for the same. Our exam experts have responded to your request and in this article, we are discussing the strategy, sources, and topics to cover.
In the updated syllabus for FCI AGM basic current affairs on agriculture, agriculture economy, latest reforms are mentioned. These topics are related to current agriculture. It has been observed from previous year papers’ that questions from various ARD schemes, construction schemes for the development of road transport in rural areas, taglines for various schemes, employment schemes like MGNREGA, subsidy schemes, full form of various schemes, and more were asked in the exam.
What to cover for Current Affairs Agriculture?
Topics of comprehensive Current Affairs Agriculture especially focus on Cropping patterns, Irrigation, storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce, Farm subsidies, MSP, Public Distribution System, food security, Food processing & Land reforms. To prepare for these topics follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Study the Agricultural Schemes: The government of India has made farmer welfare a top priority. It has done so by implementing various schemes or yojanas aimed at reviving the agriculture sector and improving farmers’ economic conditions. PM-Kisan Scheme, Pradhan Mantri Kisan Maandhan Yojana (PMKMY), Operation Greens, Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (PMFBY), Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Scheme, Pashu Kisan Credit Card Scheme (PKCCS), and others are some of the important schemes to study.
- Study the Rural Development Schemes: Various questions are asked on the current affairs covering rural development schemes like Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana (PMGSY), Mission Antyodaya, National Social Assistance Programme (NSAP), Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (DDAY), and more. While studying it’s important to focus on the dates of establishment, why it was formed, who benefited from the schemes, under which ministry it was launched, and who launched it.
- PIB Updates: If you are preparing for the current affairs in agriculture for NABARD Grade A or FCI AGM or both the exams, you need to prepare from multiple sources. One important source that you should not avoid is the PIB (Press Information Bureau). The government’s projects and policy initiatives, articles on notable people, as well as several historical accounts, all government schemes, speeches by well-known individuals, year-end reports on the work undertaken by different ministries and agencies during the previous year should be studied.
- Ministry Updates and Recent Advancements: Recent advancements and any ministerial update must be covered by you. It covers a large portion of the current affairs of the agriculture section. The recent advancement section can be studied from multiple sources like PIB updates, ministerial websites, newspapers, government monitored websites, and more.
- Various Reports: Reports like ISFR, livestock census, NABARD reports, Economic survey should be covered before appearing in the exam. Also read various Agri updates to boost knowledge on awards, conferences, famous personalities, specific important days, and more.
How to Prepare the Current Agriculture?
Once you start reading Current Agriculture, you will get to know everything which is happening around in the field of agriculture. You can learn about new schemes and technologies that will assist you in better managing your preparation with upgraded resources.
- Cover Schemes First then Data: Read the aim and objectives, changes in the scheme, advancement first. Before 20 days start reading the data related to the scheme. If you will read the data first, chances are there that you may forget it. It’s advisable to read the scheme-related data just a few days before the exam.
- Regularly Study PIB Updates: You have to cover the PIB updates for the last six months. It will not happen in a day. Regular study of these updates is required to excel in the NABARD Grade A and FCI AGM exams.
- Read Newspaper: To keep yourself informed with the happenings, read a standard newspaper daily like The Hindu and Indian Express. You should also look for current-events magazines published on a monthly basis like Kurukshetra, Yojana, and PIB updates
- BeePedia: BeePedia is a weekly and monthly comprehensive document to address the General Awareness (GA) content requirement of students preparing for various competitive exams conducted by regulatory bodies like RBI, NABARD and SEBI and Bank PO, Bank Clerk, Bank SO Exams like IBPS PO, SBI PO, IBPS AFO and other Bank PO & Clerk Exams.
To apply for the FCI Assistant General Manager (Technical) post, prior experience is not required, and therefore if you plan your FCI AGM Technical exam preparation well you can easily crack the exam. ixamBee is offering FCI Assistant General Manager (Technical) Online course.
Let’s all pitch in!!! Vaccinate yourself against COVID-19 as soon as possible. This is the most we can do to help stop the deadly coronavirus from spreading. We are providing discounts on ixamBee Online Courses as a token of our gratitude for your efforts. Get 35% off any ixamBee online course when you get vaccinated. Simply upload a photo of yourself being vaccinated and you’ll get a discount of 35% on any online course.
Don’t be concerned if you don’t have an image! You can share your government-issued vaccination certificate and get a flat 35% discount on any ixamBee online course. If you are not getting the slot then simply give us a photo of the vaccine registration SMS and we’ll give you a 30% discount on any ixamBee online course.