The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has rolled out its official notification of the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) 2020 examination on December, 29 2020. SSC CGL exam is conducted in four Tiers, Tier –I, Tier –II, Tier –III, Tier –IV. The tier-I exam will be held in various shifts from May 29, 2021, to June 07, 2021.
This is a wonderful opportunity for many aspirants; however, cracking this exam is no walk in the garden. Competition for this exam is very high and one must be very much determined and focused on his/her preparation strategies.
There is always a question in the mind of every aspirant about what strategy did the toppers of SSC CGL adopt to crack the exam. We have the answer to all your questions; below are section-wise SSC CGL preparation tips from toppers of the previous years’ exam.
Time Management and accuracy are the two important factors that differentiate a successful candidate from the other exam takers. One must not only be accurate while answering questions but also manage their time well.
It is one of the important and easiest sections. This section, unlike the Quantitative section does not test your ability to remember different formulas, hence one just need to apply logic and critical thinking to score high in this section. Have command on all the chapters practice the previous years’ exam papers and that should be sufficient to score good marks.
Since this section does not involve any calculations or solving, one can save a lot of time in this section. If one is consistent in their preparation of the GA/GS section, one can score high marks in this section in a relatively lesser time than Quantitative Section or English Section. Read NCERT books thoroughly and newspapers daily to make notes of important events.
3. Quantitative Section:
Quant is the most important section for a successful SSC CGL candidate as it is the most scoring section. One should be smart in making notes of important formulas and revising them along with shortcuts and enough practice. More than half of the questions in this section cover the topics of algebra, trigonometry, geometry and menstruation.
4. English Language:
This section is also high on weight age with 50 marks dedicated to it. Read a good English newspaper daily like The Hindu, Telegraph, etc. and make notes of new words you come across. This will help increasing your vocabulary. Practice previous years’ exams and attempt as many mock tests as you can.
Few more SSC CGL preparation tips by toppers which can help you score better and excel in the exam.
1. One should be thorough about the SSC CGL exam pattern and syllabus before beginning the preparations for the exam. This will help you in strategising for the D-day and strengthening topics of importance.
2. Make a study plan according to your strengths and weaknesses. One can find out about their strengths and weaknesses by attempting mock exams which are free of cost on www.ixamBee.com. A study plan can help a candidate focus on their areas of weaknesses. Do prepare a timetable that is comfortable and intensive.
3. Time Management: While preparing for the exam, time management is of the absolute essence. Successful candidates learn to solve questions using minimum time. Simulate exam scenarios as much as possible with similar time constraints. Increase your efficiency by improving accuracy and managing time as the exam day draws near. This can be done by attempting a maximum number of mock exams.
4. Notes for exam preparation: Successful candidates know the importance of revision and prepare notes containing simple tricks, summaries of important topics and important formulas. One should prepare notes containing important topics for the exam and revise it regularly.
5. Easy first, difficult later: During the preparation for the exam, strategies to solve the easier questions first. This will give you more time for the difficult questions as well as increase your confidence.
6. Practice mock SSC CGL questions: ixamBee offers numerous mock exam papers which simulate the level and toughness of the actual SSC CGL exam. So, practice these exams regularly.
We hope above SSC CGL preparation tips by toppers will help you gain an edge over your peers on D-day. The keyword for being a successful SSC CGL candidate is EFFICIENCY which includes proper time management and accuracy.
Becoming a topper in an exam like SSC CGL requires you to be different from the other participants and the secret ingredients are dedication and consistency. One should start preparations well in advance and use the correct tools to strategies their preparations.
Do value your time and stay dedicated and focused. As the old adage goes, “Winners do not do different things, but do the same things differently.” Successful candidates know their areas of strengths and weaknesses and focus on improving their weak areas.