SSC CGL Exam 2018-19
The most sought-after and awaited exam in the list of competitions is SSC CGL. This graduate level exam is held every year but due to some unexpected reasons, SSC could not conduct the CGL examination last year in 2018 though the notification and registration process had been completed in 2018 itself. SSC CGL Exam is conducted in various tiers. SSC finally released the dates for SSC CGL 2018 Tier I Exam recently and the examination process has commenced from 4th June and will continue till 19th June. Today was the first day of SSC CGL 2018 Tier I Exam. A huge number of candidates appear in the exam. We bring a brief analysis of the Ist Shift of SSC CGL Exam which could be helpful in the last minute-preparation of the candidates who have their exam in the coming shifts.
SSC CGL 2018: A Peek Into The Level
The Ist Shift of SSC CGL 2018 Examination was of an overall moderate-difficult level. Most of the exam can be considered to be of ‘moderate’ level where some bits of the paper can be considered to be of a ‘difficult’ level. The exam pattern of SSC CGL Tier I is as follows:
|1.||General Intelligence and Reasoning||25|
2018 SSC CGL Complete Exam Analysis
All the subjects in the SSC CGL Exam consisted of 25 questions each which made the total questions to be 100. All the sections were somewhat similar level with a small number of difficult level questions. Let’s look into the type of questions in each subject.
- English Comprehension: This section can be considered of an overall easy – moderate level which consisted of a mix of various types of questions. There was no fixed number of a single type questions. Different types of questions were asked in a jumbled order. Some of the types that were asked were:
- Active Passive
- Jumbled Sentences
- Idioms & Phrases
- Incorrect Spelling
- Sentence Improvement/Phrase Replacement
- Cloze Test
- Quantitative Aptitude: This section was of a moderate level. This section also had questions asked in jumbled order which consisted of questions from various topics such as:
- Data Interpretation
- Number System
- Miscellaneous Topics ( Profit & Loss, Speed,Time & Distance, SI,CI, Percentage)
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: This section consisted of various questions from different topics and reflected the usual SSC pattern which is usually asked in its exams. The level can be considered moderate here too. The various topics were:
- Mirror Images
- Number Series
- Blood Relations
- Mathematical Operations
- Alpha-numeric Series
- Paper-folding Images
- Venn Diagram
- General Awareness: This section can be counted among the scoring ones. Though the level of the section could be considered as moderate-difficult having a good mix of static and current GK. The various chapters were:
- Current Affairs
- Folk dance
These were some of the topics that were asked from General Awareness section which surely required some deep study and revision of basic general knowledge that one should have. We managed to collect some of the GA questions that may give a good idea about what kind of questions and level can be expected in the coming shifts.
SSC CGL 2018-19: General Awareness Questions
- New CM of Goa after the demise of Manohar Parrikar.
- Buddhust Dance of Himachal Pradesh
- What is Dry Ice?
- CORPAT Military Exercise
- Ist Woman DGP in Puducherry
- Country that introduced GST
- Founder of Facebook
- Game that has been reintroduced in ASIAN Games 2022
- JJ Thomson Nobel Prize in Physics was awarded for which experiment?
- Isomer of Methyl Propane
- Metalloid among the options
- Which ruler looted the Somnath Temple?
- Catenation process possible in which of the options?
- Rani who fought during Mughal Period
- Which reform took place in April-May in Andaman Island?
- Sundari Trees can be located in which type of forest?
- One question on tributaries
- One question on mining
These were some of the questions which reflected a good level. Therefore all the students those who have their exam in the upcoming shifts can brush up their General Knowledge and make sure that they score well in this scoring section.
SSC CGL 2018: Points to be Noted
- The exam had a negative marking of 0.50 marks.
- Each question carries 2 marks each.
- The exam is bilingual (except English section)
- The sections did not have any sectional timing and the candidates can switch between the sections as per their convenience.
And Many More..
Get Free Online Test Series, Daily GK Update, PIB Current Affairs, Banking Awareness as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs. займ на карту всемзайм под залог авто краснодарэкспресс займ иркутск