Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) is a financial institution under the Ministry of Finance. Its main objective is to strengthen and develop the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs). MSMEs play an important role in the growth of the Indian economy in terms of production, employment and exports. Therefore, SIDBI assists MSMEs to obtain funds for their development, commercialisation and marketing of their products.
For this reason, SIDBI Grade A is one of the most sought after jobs in the banking sector. In this blog, we will discuss the details regarding the SIDBI Grade A 2022 notification, vacancies, salary and more.
- 1 SIDBI Grade A Recruitment 2022: Overview
- 2 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Notification
- 3 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Vacancies
- 4 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Pay Scale
- 5 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Eligibility Criteria
- 6 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Exam Pattern
- 7 SIDBI Grade A 2022: How to Apply
- 8 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Probation
- 9 Important Points to Note
- 10 SIDBI Grade A 2022: Exam Preparation
- 11 Also Read
SIDBI Grade A Recruitment 2022: Overview
|Post Name||Assistant Manager Grade A (General Stream)|
|Application Window||March 04 to March 24, 2022|
|Cut-off date for determining Eligibility Criteria with regard to Age||March 04, 2022|
|Cut-off date for determining Eligibility Criteria with regard to Educational Qualification||March 24, 2022|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Date of Online Examination||April 16, 2022|
|Tentative schedule of Interview||May 2022|
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Notification
The SIDBI Grade A 2022 official notification pdf for Assistant Manager has been released on March 04, 2022. The online application dates are March 04, 2022 – March 24, 2022.
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Vacancies
Given below is the category-wise breakdown of the SIDBI Grade A 2022 vacancies–
|Name of Post||SC||ST||OBC||EWS||UR||Total|
|Assistant Manager Grade A (General Stream)||16||7||24||10||43||100|
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Pay Scale
- The salary of SIDBI Grade A Assistant Manager ranges in the scale of 28150-1550(4) -34350-1750(7) – 46600 –EB – 1750(4)- 53600-2000(1)-55600 (17 years).
- For this post, the maximum pay is Rs. 70,000 as mentioned in the official notice.
You can refer to the detailed breakdown of the SIDBI Grade A salary here.
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Eligibility Criteria
SIDBI has released an official notice, wherein the eligibility criteria regarding Educational Qualifications has been revised. The major change that can be seen now is that final year students can also apply. Furthermore, the minimum percentage criteria has also been removed. The eligibility criteria regarding nationality, age and age relaxation remains unchanged.
The eligibility criteria for the post of SIDBI Grade A Assistant Manager is as follows-
|Nationality/Citizenship||A candidate must be either-|
(i) a citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee (who came to India before January 01, 1962) with an intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
|Educational Qualifications||Bachelors’ Degree in Engineering (Preferably Civil or Electrical or Mechanical) / Bachelors’ Degree in Law ;|
Post Graduate Degree in any subject from an Institute / University recognised by the University Grant Commission (UGC) or Central Government;
CA / CS / CWA / CFA from ICAI / ICSI / ICWAI / CFA Institute.
Note : The Candidates appearing in the final year exam are also eligible to apply,
provided they submit the final marksheet and provisional / final degree certificate, in original at the time of interview.
|Age||Minimum- 21 years|
Maximum- 28 years
|Age Relaxation||SC/ST- 5 years|
OBC (NCL)- 3 years
PwBD (UR/EWS)- 10 years
PwBD (OBC)- 13 years
PwBD (SC/ST)- 15 years
Ex-servicemen- 5 years
Persons affected by 1984 riots- 5 years
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Exam Pattern
The SIDBI Grade A 2022 exam pattern is as follows-
- Online Written Test & Descriptive Test
- Personal Interview
Online Written Examination Pattern
|Name of the Test||Type of Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|English Language||Objective||30||30||20 Minutes|
|General awareness (with special reference to Banking and Financial sector and Economic & Social Issues)||Objective||50||50||30 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Objective||40||60||30 Minutes|
|Online Descriptive Test (English)- Comprising of two Essays on Financial/Banking/Economic/Social issues in India (20 Marks each) and one on Business Letter Writing (10 Marks)|
Note- It is essential to attempt all three questions
- The online written exam will consist of 163 questions. It will be out of 250 marks, which will also include 50 marks of the Descriptive English section.
- 1/4th marks will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- Descriptive papers of those candidates will be evaluated who clear the Objective type of tests.
Candidates who clear the Online Written Examination will be called for the Personal Interview.
Also Read: Detailed SIDBI 2016 Exam Analysis
SIDBI Grade A 2022: How to Apply
The application process is threefold-
- Application Registration
- Payment of Fees
- Document Scan & Upload
- Visit the SIDBI website https://www.sidbi.in/en/
- Click on “Apply Online”, which will open a new tab.
- Click on “Click here for New Registration”, to register your application. Enter the necessary details like Name, Contact details and email id. This will generate a Provisional Registration Number and Password which candidates must note down. It will also be sent via SMS and email.
- Fill the application form slowly and carefully to ensure that you do not miss out any important information.
- Validate your details and save your application by clicking the ‘Validate your Details’ and ‘Save & Next’ button
- Proceed to upload your photo, signature and other details.
- Preview your application form and verify the whole application before completing your registration.
- Click on “Complete Registration” after verifying/modifying the details in the form.
- Click on “Payment Tab” and proceed for payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Payment of Fees
Given below is the breakdown of the application fees as per the SIDBI Grade A notification–
|Category||Application Fee||Intimation Charges||Total Charges|
|SC/ST/PwD||Nil||Rs. 175/-||Rs. 175/-|
|Others (including General/OBC/EWS)||Rs. 925/-||Rs. 175/-||Rs. 1100/-|
Document Scan & Upload
- Photograph- It must be a recent passport size photo against a light coloured background (preferably white).
- Signature- The signature must be on a white paper with black ink pen. It must not be in capital letters.
- Left Thumb Impression- The left thumb impression must be on a white paper with black/blue ink.
- Handwritten Declaration- It must not be written in capital letters.
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Probation
- The selected candidates will be on probation for a period of 2 years which is extendable upto 4 years at the discretion of SIDBI.
- Moreover, the selected candidates are liable to be posted/transferred to various offices/verticals/associates/subsidiaries of SIDBI at the discretion of SIDBI.
Important Points to Note
- Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Only one application can be submitted.
- Application fee is non-refundable.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form at the earliest to avoid last minute rush.
- The call letters will be made available on the Bank’s website.
SIDBI Grade A 2022: Exam Preparation
If you are planning to appear for the SIDBI Grade A 2022 exam, you need proper guidance to ace the exam. So, to help you with your exam preparation, ixamBee is providing the SIDBI Grade A (Assistant Manager) Online Course, which has been especially curated for you by our experts.
However, if you are still not sure whether you need this course or not, you can check out our demo lectures for SIDBI Grade A Assistant Manager and then come to a conclusion.
Since the SIDBI Grade A recruitment has begun, there is no time to waste. Therefore, practice will be the key to your success. You can practice SIDBI Assistant Manager free mock tests on a regular basis to keep up with the ongoing trend. Moreover, the mock tests will assist you in identifying your weak areas and judge your preparation before the exam.
We hope you start preparing for the SIDBI Grade A Exam 2022 right away. Preparing in advance will work wonders to give you the boost you need.
All the Best!