The Securities and Exchange Board of India is a regulatory body that works under the Ministry of Finance. It was established in 1992 with its headquarters in Mumbai.
Over the decades, SEBI has become the dream of thousands of aspirants who want to advance their career in the securities market. To achieve this dream, candidates try their luck year after year by taking the SEBI Grade A exam.
In this article, we will talk about the salary, job profile and career growth of a SEBI Grade A Officer. We hope the destination waiting for you at the end of this exam preparation journey will inspire you to work hard and give this exam your best shot.
An Insight into SEBI Grade A Officer Salary
- Candidates who successfully clear all stages of the exam, will be on a probationary period of 2 years.
- Gross monthly salary is ₹ 1,07,000 per month without accommodation
- The gross monthly salary is ₹ 73,000 per month with accommodation.
Before we delve further, take a look at the salary structure of a SEBI Grade A officer.
₹ 28150-1550(4)-34350-1750(7)-46600-EB*-1750(4)-53600-2000(1)-55600(17 years)
- The basic pay in the first year is ₹ 28,150.
- There will be 4 annual increments of ₹ 1550.
- After 5 years, the basic pay is ₹ 34,450.
- Between the 6th and 12th year of serving as a Grade A Officer, for 7 years there will be an annual increment of ₹1750.
- For the next 4 years, the basic pay will be ₹53,600 with annual increment of ₹1750.
- The last increment for a year will be ₹2,000. The salary at the end of 17 years of service will be ₹55,600.
SEBI Grade A Perks and Benefits
Take a look at the allowances offered:
- Grade Allowance
- Special Allowance
- Dearness Allowance
- Family Allowance
- Education Allowance
- Medical expenses (including eye refraction)
- Leave fare concession
- Financial dailies
- Book grant
- Conveyance expenses
- Computers purchasing expenses
- Subsidized lunch
SEBI Grade A Officer Job Profile
- Sanctioning and amending stock exchanges by-laws
- Monitoring stock exchange accounts
- Recognizing and inspecting dereliction within the securities market
- Educating investors about the securities market
- Suspending security trading of a stock exchange
- Allowing and retracting recognition of a stock exchange
- Taking care of SEBI’s legal concerns
SEBI Grade A Officer Career Growth
In the table below, we have provided the career progression graph of a SEBI Grade A Officer. The promotion chart begins with the post of Junior Assistant and ends with the highest position, i.e., Executive Director.
|Grade A||Assistant Manager (you will start here)|
|Grade C||Assistant General Manager|
|Grade D||Deputy General Manager|
|Grade E||General Manager|
|Grade F||Chief General Manager|
If you want to live the king-sized life of a SEBI Grade A Officer, you have to travel an extra mile ahead from the rest of the applicants who apply for this exam every year. If you want to win this race, you are going to have to work very hard with single-minded dedication to reach your goal.
For this, you will need the proper study materials and guidance. Thankfully, ixamBee is here to save the day!
SEBI Grade A Online Exclusive Course
If you want a sure-fire success in the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam, join forces with ixamBee. Our SEBI Grade A Exclusive Online Course will train you for every stage of the selection process. Some features of this course are:
- 600 + video Lessons and 300+ study notes in PDF format
- 30 full-length Mock Tests for SEBI Grade A Phase I and Phase II.
- 5 Descriptive English mock tests
- 14,000+ practice questions covering all subjects
- Daily live online classes
- Interview round preparation
- Live classes with faculty
- One-on-one meetings with faculty
If you are preparing for one of the Specialist Officer exams, we have separate courses for them as well.
SEBI Grade A Interview
For an exam as important and challenging as SEBI Grade A, we cannot neglect the importance of the Interview round. Believe us, it can be the real gamechanger. So, do not take it for granted and do not think that you can wing it when the time comes.
Plan wisely and dedicate enough time to your Interview preparation. For the same, SEBI Grade A Interview Preparation Course is at your disposal.
While we wait for the SEBI Grade A notification to be out, we hope you will not waste any time and nose-dive straight into your preparation.
Team ixamBee wishes you all the very best!
Get Free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.