The RBI Grade B 2022 exam notification is eagerly awaited by the aspirants. In order to do well in this exam, you must prepare well for all the subjects that are assessed in it, namely Quantitative Aptitude, Reasoning, General Awareness and English Language.
In this article, we are going to tell you how you can score well in the Quantitative Aptitude section and also understand the approach to this subject. Generally, this section is a little tricky to complete in the limited time. Therefore, to help you excel in this section, we have put together some tips that will be helpful in your exam preparation.
RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude: Recent Question Trend and Tips
The purpose of this section is to test the calculation skills and number sense of the candidates.
Let us analyse the questions that are most frequently asked in RBI Grade B in Phase 1 and talk about some tips on how to tackle these topics.
|Topic||Number Series||Data Interpretation||Miscellaneous||Data Sufficiency|
|Approximate Weightage||5 Questions||10-15 Questions||10 Questions||0-5 Questions|
|Type of Questions||Complete the series|
Find the missing term
Find the wrong term
|Line graph |
Mix of any two types of DI
Missing case DI Caselets
|Profit & Loss|
Ratio & Proportion
Simplification & Approximation
Simple & Compound Interest
Time & Work
Time, Speed & Distance
Mixture & Alligation
Problems on Age
Mixture & Alligation
|Tips to tackle these topics||Practice 5 questions of series daily to understand the types of patterns. |
There can be many patterns or a combination of patterns like-
Patterns in differences
Patterns in alternate numbers
Odd one out.
For this, you should have certain things on your tips-
Squares up to 40
Cubes up to 30
Tables up to 20
|Most important part of this section.|
Practice DI questions everyday to improve your speed and efficiency.
|These questions are relatively less time consuming and can be cracked easily with some practice. Refer to RBI Grade B Phase 1 previous year papers to understand the type of questions.||These questions will be difficult if your basics are not strong.|
To solve these questions accurately, read the statements carefully and don’t assume any data.
Also, keep in mind that these questions are not meant to have long calculations.
Practice as many questions as you can to understand where you are lacking.
|Difficulty Level||Easy to moderate||Moderate||Easy to moderate||Moderate to difficult|
RBI Grade B Quantitative Aptitude: Tips to Score Well
- Start with easy topics and try to understand them in detail and then move on to the complex concepts.
- Try to resolve concept related questions/doubts way before the actual exam.
- Analyse your weak areas and work on them accordingly.
- Do not start a new topic just before the exam as this would lead to confusion. Just focus on revision.
- Accuracy and speed are the keys for scoring maximum marks in this section.
- Spend 1 hour daily for Quantitative Aptitude preparation.
- Make short notes for remembering formulas and short tricks and revise them daily.
- Practice with the help of RBI Grade B Phase 1 mock tests every week to check your progress and improve time management. These mock tests are free.
- Last but not the least, practice, practice, practice.
How to Approach Quantitative Aptitude in the Exam?
- Take a quick glance through the whole section to identify the easy questions you want to attempt first. This would save you more time for solving DI questions/ difficult questions.
- Don’t be in a hurry to solve questions, read and understand what is asked.
- However, do not spend too much time on one question. If you cannot figure out the answer, move on and revisit the question at the end.
- Avoid guess work as there is negative marking for wrong answers.
Study with ixamBee for RBI Grade B Phase 1
To make your RBI Grade B Phase 1 preparation top-notch, ixamBee has launched RBI Grade B Phase 1 online course. This online course is designed by our experts (ex-RBI, ex-Bank PO’s, Finance experts and so on) after a thorough analysis of previous year papers and also keeping in consideration the section timing introduced this year.
Features of this course
- Video Lessons: 420+ video lessons covering Reasoning, English Language, Quant, and General Awareness
- Study Notes: 180+ study notes which will be helpful for quick revision
- Practice Questions: 6500+ practice questions to make your concepts clear and to sharpen your speed and accuracy
- Mock Tests: 20 Full-length practice tests to make you ready to take the exam under the newly introduced sectional timing pressure
- Live Classes: Doubt clarifying classes with faculty who have cleared RBI Grade B, Bank PO, SIDBI, and other competitive exams
- Guidance: Apart from study content, guidance will be provided by our faculty when and where required.
- Comfort: The course is designed in such a way as to provide you comfort and ease to study at your own pace.