The RBI Grade B recruitment commenced on January 15, 2022. Applications have been invited for filling up the post of RBI Legal Officer in Grade B. The notification was released for 02 vacancies.
In this article, we will cover the details regarding the RBI Grade B official notification, vacancies, salary and eligibility criteria. Therefore, if you are interested in applying for this post, we encourage you to read this article carefully.
- 1 RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Overview
- 2 RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Vacancy
- 3 RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2012-22: Salary
- 4 RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Eligibility Criteria
- 5 RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Exam Pattern
- 6 RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2022: Syllabus
- 7 RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Job Requirements
- 8 RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: How to Apply
- 9 Important Points to Note
- 10 Study with ixamBee for RBI Grade B Legal Officer
- 11 Also Read
RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Overview
|Application Window||January 15, 2022 to February 04, 2022|
|Payment of Fees (Online)||January 15, 2022 to February 04, 2022|
|Date of Examination (except for Assistant Librarian in Grade ‘A’ and Curator on full time contract)||March 06, 2022|
RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Vacancy
|Post||Number of Vacancies|
|Legal Officer||UR- 01|
RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2012-22: Salary
The breakdown of the RBI Legal officer salary is as follows-
- The candidates selected in Grade B will receive a basic pay of Rs. 55,200/- per month in the scale of ₹55200-2850(9)-80850-EB-2850(2)-86550-3300(4)-99750.
- Candidates will also be eligible for Dearness Allowance, Local Compensatory Allowance, House Rent Allowance, Special Allowance and Grade Allowance as per rules in force from time to time. At present, initial monthly gross emoluments are approximately ₹1,16,684/- (approx.).
RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Eligibility Criteria
The RBI Legal Officer eligibility criteria is given in the table below-
|Educational Qualifications (as on January 01, 2022)||Essential|
Bachelor’s Degree in Law from any University/College/Institution, recognised by UGC and the Bar Council of India with a minimum of 50% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years.
(i) Bachelor’s Degree in Law with 60% marks or equivalent in the aggregate of all semesters/years or Master’s Degree in Law.
(ii) Proficiency in computer applications.
|Experience (as on January 01, 2022)||Essential|
At least two years’ experience as an-
(i) Advocate/ Legal Consultant/ Legal Assistant/ Associate in an Advocates’ or Solicitors’ Office or Law firm after being enrolled with the Bar Council; or
(ii) as a Law Officer in the Legal Department of a large bank / financial institution / statutory corporation / company / State / Central Government; or
(iii) as a full-time teacher in a Law College / University, teaching law.
Special knowledge of Banking Law, Company Law, Labour Law and Constitutional Law and experience in drafting pleadings and documents.
|Age (as on January 01, 2022)||Age |
The candidates must have attained the age of 21 years and should not have attained the age of 32 years.
Upper age limit is relaxable by-
Candidates possessing LLM degree- 3 years
Candidates possessing Ph.D in Law- 5 years
RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Exam Pattern
The selection process for RBI Legal Officer is done in the following manner-
- Paper 1- General Knowledge of Law (Objective & Descriptive)
- Paper 2- English (Descriptive Type)
Paper 1 Exam Pattern
|General Knowledge of Law|
Paper 2 Exam Pattern
- The duration for Paper 1 will be 3 hours.
- The duration for Paper 2 will be 3 hours.
The Interview for RBI Legal officer will consist of 40 marks.
The grand total of Paper 1, Paper 2 and Interview will be 290 marks.
RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2022: Syllabus
|Paper 1- General Knowledge of Law (Objective & Subjective)||Constitutional Law|
Principles of Statutory Interpretation
Law of Evidence
Contract Act, 1872
Transfer of Property Act, 1882
Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881
Registration Act, 1908
Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
|Paper 2- Descriptive English||Essay|
The above mentioned syllabus is indicative and not exhaustive.
RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: Job Requirements
- The selected candidates will be responsible for dealing with references on legal issues received from various departments of the Bank and its associate institutions, which will mainly relate to the interpretation of various statutes such as Reserve Bank of India Act 1934, Banking Regulation Act 1949, Foreign Exchange Management Act 1999, Companies Act 2013, etc.
- Another requirement is to prepare initial drafts of legislation administered/to be administered by the Bank.
- They will also be required to prepare drafts of pleadings and comprehensive instructions/briefs to counsel in connection with litigation involving the Bank and its associate institutions.
- The candidates will also have to appear before Conciliation Officers, Labour Courts, Tribunals etc. on behalf of the Bank.
RBI Grade B Legal Officer Recruitment 2021-22: How to Apply
The application process for RBI Grade B legal Officer is three fold-
- Application Registration
- Payment of Fees
- Document Scanning & Uploading
- Visit RBI’s official website https://www.rbi.org.in/ and click on the URL “Recruitment for the post of Non-CSG-PY2021”.
- Click on the hyperlink “Online Application Form”.
- Fill the basic details and upload the photo, signature, left thumb impression and hand-written declaration.
- To register the application, click on “Click here for New Registration” and enter the necessary details.
- Fill the application form slowly and carefully to ensure that you do not miss out any important information.
- Validate and save your details by clicking the “Validate your details and “Save & Next” button.
- Proceed to upload your photo, signature and other details.
- Preview your application form and verify the whole application before completing your registration.
- Click on “Final Submit” after verifying/modifying the details in the form.
- Click on “Payment Tab” and proceed for payment.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
Payment of Fees
Given below are the details regarding the application fees-
|SC/ST/PwBD||Intimation charges only||Rs. 100/-|
|General/OBC/EWS||Application fee including intimation charges||Rs. 600/-|
|Staff (employees of RBI)||Nil||Nil|
Document Scanning & Uploading
- Photograph- It must be a recent passport size photo against a light coloured background (preferably white).
- Signature- The signature must be on a white paper with black ink pen. It must not be in capital letters.
- Left Thumb Impression- The left thumb impression must be on a white paper with black/blue ink.
- Handwritten Declaration- It must not be written in capital letters.
- There will be separate links for uploading the photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand-written declaration. Click on the respective link and upload the documents.
The Online Application will not be accepted unless you upload your photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand-written declaration.
Important Points to Note
- Applications will be submitted online.
- Candidates must ensure that they fulfill the eligibility criteria before applying.
- Candidates are advised to fill the application form way before the closing date i.e. February 04, 2022.
- Call letters will be made available on the RBI website.
Study with ixamBee for RBI Grade B Legal Officer
If you are preparing for the RBI Legal Officer (Grade B) Exam, then ixamBee is here to assist you in your preparation. We are providing the RBI Grade B Legal Officer Online Course which has been designed by experts.
Previous Year Question Papers
We urge you to go through the RBI Grade B Legal Officer Previous year question papers as they offer a great source for understanding the exam pattern and the recent question trend.
Online Mock Tests
We also encourage you to take the RBI Grade B Legal Officer Mock Tests as giving mock tests will assist you in identifying your weak areas and judge your preparation before the exam. These mock tests are totally free.
At ixamBee you can find free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD, and Other Government Jobs.