Banking jobs are the most common government jobs among today’s students. Job stability, a good wage, and a variety of benefits are just a few of the factors that make banking jobs the most popular among students. The Reserve Bank of India holds an RBI Assistant exam to hire candidates for the position of assistant. Since the notification can be out any time soon, you don’t have enough time to prepare for the exam. By this time you must have begun your preparation.
- 1 RBI Assistant 2021: How to Prepare?
- 2 RBI Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern
- 3 RBI Assistant Mains Exam Pattern 2021
- 4 RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test
- 5 RBI Assistant 2021 Syllabus
- 6 RBI Assistant Sectional-wise Cut-Off- (Prelim Exam 2019)
- 7 Tips to prepare for the Exam
- 8 RBI Assistant Online Course
RBI Assistant 2021: How to Prepare?
RBI Assistant is a dream job for many of you and therefore, you must know the RBI Assistant syllabus and the exam pattern. You have to undergo 3 stages of the selection process – Preliminary examination, Mains examination, and Language Proficiency Test(LPT). Only the qualified candidates in all stages will be recruited by the RBI authorities.
To begin with, let us discuss the exam pattern first.
RBI Assistant Prelims Exam Pattern
Name of the Test
|Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
|3||Reasoning Ability||35||35||20 Minutes|
The total number of questions asked in the RBI Assistant Prelims exam is 100. Each question is of 1 mark and for every wrong answer, ¼ marks are deducted. This is an online exam.
RBI Assistant Mains Exam Pattern 2021
The candidates who qualify RBI Assistant Prelims exam are called for the RBI Assistant Mains exam. Below is the Mains exam pattern of the RBI Assistant.
|Sr. No||Name of the Test||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 Minutes|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40||30 Minutes|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 Minutes|
|4||Test of General Knowledge||40||40||25 Minutes|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 Minutes|
The total number of questions asked in the RBI Assistant Mains exam is 200. Each question is of 1 mark and for every wrong answer, ¼ marks are deducted. The exam is conducted in online mode and the duration is 135 minutes.
RBI Assistant Language Proficiency Test
The candidates who qualify for the RBI Assistant mains exam are called for the Language Proficiency Test. This is the final stage of the selection. The Language Proficiency Test is conducted in the Local language/Official Language of the respective state. Candidates who are not proficient in the local language may be disqualified. Mentioned below are the local languages of different states.
- Ahmedabad – Gujarati
- Bengaluru – Kannada
- Bhopal – Hindi
- Bhubaneswar – Odia
- Chandigarh – Punjabi/Hindi
- Chennai – Tamil
- Guwahati – Assamese/Bengali/Khasi/Manipuri/Bodo/Mizo
- Hyderabad -Telugu
- Jaipur – Hindi
- Jammu – Urdu/Hindi/Kashmiri
- Kanpur and Lucknow – Hindi
- Kolkata – Bengali/Nepali
- Mumbai – Marathi/Konkani
- Nagpur – Marathi/Hindi
- New Delhi – Hindi
- Patna – Hindi/Maithili
- Thiruvananthapuram – Malayalam
RBI Assistant 2021 Syllabus
The knowledge of the syllabus will help you know the areas you need to study. RBI Assistant Syllabus is easy to cover if you have expert guidance along your side.
|RBI Assistant English Language Syllabus|
|Cloze Test||One word Substitution|
|Sentence Rearrangement||Sentence Completion|
|Phrases||Active and Passive voice|
|RBI Assistant Numerical Ability Syllabus|
|Quadratic Equation||Number Series|
|Ratio and Proportions||Mensuration|
|RBI Assistant Reasoning Ability Syllabus|
|Odd Man Out||Blood Relation|
|Coding and Decoding||Analogy|
|Direction Based questions||Seating arrangements|
|RBI Assistant Computer Knowledge Syllabus|
|History of Computers||Basics of Hardware and Software|
|Devices||Virus and Hacking|
|RBI Assistant GA Syllabus|
|History, Geography of India||Socio-economic policy development|
|Indian Economy||State, countries, institutions|
|Science||Current affairs and Politics in India|
|Quantitative aptitude||Human Right issues|
|Logical Reasoning||Books and Authors|
RBI Assistant Sectional-wise Cut-Off- (Prelim Exam 2019)
The RBI Assistant cut-off is never consistent, it changes year to year because of various factors. The cut-off marks vary for different categories. Below are the factors that may affect the cut-off marks for the RBI Assistant Exam.
- Number of vacancies
- Number of candidates applying for the exam
- Difficulty Level of the exam
- Candidate’s Category
RBI Assistant Prelims State Wise Cut-off 2019
|Prelims cut-off(Out of 100 Marks)|
|Kanpur and Lucknow||87.00||–||92.25||94.25||96.00|
|Thiruvananthapuram and Cochin||87.00||–||95.00||89.75||96.25|
Important Points to Know About RBI Assistant Cut Off
To clear the RBI Assistant Prelims and RBI Assistant Mains exam, you have to clear both the sectional and the overall cut-off of the RBI Assistant exam.
RBI Assistant Prelims marks are not considered for the final selection.
Your final selection will be made based on your performance in the RBI Assistant Mains exam.
Tips to prepare for the Exam
- Go through the previous year’s question papers and syllabus. The competition is fierce, so you’ll need to put in a lot of effort to get into the RBI. To begin your preparation, it is important to have a detailed understanding of the subjects and the RBI Assistant syllabus. It is recommended that you go through every topic. We also recommend that you look over previous year’s question papers to find out which topics are more relevant in the exam. Examine commonly asked questions.
- Study according to the Syllabus. Your chances of being selected as an RBI Assistant are very good if you strictly follow the RBI Assistant syllabus. You will have a better understanding once you have a stronger insight into the exam pattern and syllabus. You will know what to study and which topics are less important. As a result, you’ll save your time as well. This time can be utilized for revising and planning other topics
- Take mock tests and improve your speed. Always note that speed is key in banking exams, and you can easily improve your speed by taking online mock tests. Taking mock tests has two main advantages. The first is that it aids in increasing your speed, and the second is that it aids in your preparation. When you take Mock tests, you encounter a wide range of questions, learn modern tactics, and understand the pressure of answering questions within the time limit.
RBI Assistant Online Course
We have launched the RBI Assistant online course, a comprehensive Online Learning Course for preparation of the RBI Assistant Preliminary and Mains exam. RBI Assistant Online course has been prepared by our exam experts after thorough and detailed analysis (as per the previous and the expected exam pattern). The course provides proper guidance and the relevant study material required for RBI Assistant exam preparation at one platform.