Important Current Affairs!
Current Affairs or General Awareness is one such topic that finds its place in almost all the important competitive examinations that are held throughout the year. These examinations can be any ranging from banking exams like NABARD Grade A / Grade B Officer, RBI Grade B Officer, IBPS PO, SBI PO, SSC exams like SSC CGL and other insurance sector exams like LIC AAO, LIC ADO, LIC HFL, NIACL AO, GIC etc. GA or General Awareness forms a significant chunk of the questions that appear in the online exams and therefore all students need to stay updated with respect to the current affairs section so that they are able to answer correctly as this section contributes a lot in the final score of the students. Usually you are supposed to be well aware of at least six months of current affairs/GA which can only be possible if you stay updated regularly. You can not mug up the GK altogether in few days, therefore you should prefer catching up with the news on a regular basis. There has been an important news doing rounds all across related to PM Modi’s Russia visit. Indian PM paid a visit to Russia’s president Vladimir Putin wher they discussed about various matters. Let’s look into this important GK update of PM Modi- Russia news in detail that may help you in all your exams.
GK Update: PM Modi Visit to Russia
Prime Minister Narendra Modi is going to be the chief guest of the Eastern Economic Forum Summit 2019 that is being held between 4th to 6th September at the Russian city of Vladivostok.
At the same time, 20th India-Russia Summit has been organized at Vladivostok. PM Narendra Modi held bilateral talks with Russian President Vladimir Putin and signed a host of agreements.
- A number of agreements were signed such as : four in the area of Oil and Gas, LNG and Coking Coal, five in Trade and Investments, two in Infrastructure and one each in Defense and Audiovisual Production.
- In a joint statement, both leaders expressed satisfaction over the outcome of summit-level talks and affirmed that they are resolved to expand the bilateral relations to new areas of cooperation. Prime Minister Modi on the occasion described Russia as a reliable partner and special friend. The Indian Prime Minister said, the relations between the two countries are not only quantitative but also qualitative.
- Russian President said, the relations between the two countries are unique and mutually beneficial. Mr Putin said, Russia welcomes the intent of the Indian side to expand its economic and investment presence in the Far Eastern region and Siberia. He expressed readiness to participate in major infrastructural and other projects in India.
- The MoU on defence is about the production of spare parts for Russian origin arms under Make-in-India program through joint ventures. In his statement, Prime Minister Modi said, through this agreement, the relationship between both countries will be enhanced from buyer-seller to co-producers.
About the Eastern Economic Forum
The Eastern Economic Forum was established by Decree of the President of the Russian Federation Vladimir Putin in 2015. In accordance with the Decree, the Eastern Economic Forum takes place each year in Vladivostok.
- Every year, the Eastern Economic Forum serves as a platform for the discussion of key issues in the world economy, regional integration, and the development of new industrial and technological sectors, as well as of the global challenges facing Russia and other nations.
- Events at the Forum traditionally take place in the form of panel sessions, roundtables, televised debates, business breakfasts, and business dialogues devoted to Russia’s relationships with various countries.
- The Forum business programme includes a number of business dialogues with leading partner countries in the Asia-Pacific region, and with ASEAN, a key integration organization of dynamically developing nations in Southeast Asia.
About the Far East Region
The Far East is the easternmost part of Russia. The macro-region borders two oceans, the Pacific and the Arctic, and five countries (China, Japan, Mongolia, the United States and the DPRK). The Far Eastern Federal District covers more than a third of the country’s territory.
The Far East is rich in natural resources like diamonds, stannary, borax materials, 50 gold, tungsten, and fish and seafood. About 1/3 of all coal reserves and hydro-engineering resources of the country are here. Forests of the region comprise about 30% of the total forest area of Russia.
& Many More..