IBPS had recently announced vacancies for RRB PO & Clerk posts. In these unpredictable Covid times, this can be counted as a golden opportunity for those who have been preparing for bank exams. IBPS RRB PO/Clerk exams are one of the most popular exams in the banking field and this year, RRBs have announced the most vacancies which you can ever get!
As the dates for the prelims test have been released, it is recommended that you begin your preparations at the earliest. Half the battle is won by making a proper preparation plan, adhering to it, and implementing it consistently. Having fewer days in hand, you will have to be extremely focused on the goal. Discipline will matter the most at this point. Owing to a few similarities in both the exams, you can plan your exam preparation smartly which will enable you to target both.
To assist you, we have compiled this post where we will discuss how to prepare for RRB PO (Scale 1) and Clerk together so that you can achieve your goal without any worries!
According to the IBPS Calendar, the IBPS RRB PO Prelims will be held on August 1, 7, 8, 14, and 21, 2021. However, with the latest publication of the IBPS RRB Notification, the dates for IBPS RRB PO and IBPS RRB Clerk have been indicated as August and September/October 2021, respectively. You should be well aware of all the important details relevant to the exam.
Why Should You Go for IBPS RRB PO/Clerk 2021?
If you are still confused about whether it is the right decision to prepare for IBPS RRB PO/Clerk exam, you can be relieved and go for it without any second thoughts. We have listed down a few points which will highlight the advantages of preparing for both RRB PO & Clerk together.
- Difficulty level – less than the other exams like IBPS PO or SBI PO.
- No English language – you can choose between Hindi or English as one of the sections.
- No of Applications – less as compared to other banking exams.
- Exam pattern – RRB PO & Clerk have similar exam patterns- saves time.
- No sectional timing – you can divide your time according to your strengths and weaknesses.
IBPS RRB PO/Clerk: Exam Pattern
While preparing for any kind of exam, it is extremely important to get hold of all the important information, and knowing the exam pattern should be the priority in this list. Knowing the exam pattern helps you to strategize well. Let’s have a look at the RRB PO/Clerk exam pattern in detail.
Prelims Exam Pattern
The exams are very close and you need to know how you can prepare for the desired results in just 30 days. For that, first, you have to understand the criteria. You have to understand how the time and marks are divided and which section can help you in clearing the exam.
Office Assistant (Multipurpose)
|Sr.No.||Name Of Tests||Medium Of Exam||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||English/Hindi||40||40||Composite time of 45 minutes|
RRB Officer Scale 1
|Sr. No.||Name Of Tests||Medium of exams||No. of Qs||Maximum Marks||Duration|
Composite time of 45 minutes
IBPS RRB PO/ Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
|Sr. no||Names of Tests||Medium of Exam||No. of questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning||English/Hindi||40||50||Composite Time of 2 Hours|
RRB PO/Clerk Exam Syllabus
Reasoning – Examine the precise subjects that have been asked in previous years’ exams to prepare for IBPS RRB 2021. Then begin your revision/study by going over the fundamentals of reasoning ability. Once you’ve covered all of the topics and have a clear understanding of the fundamentals, you may begin practicing the simple questions. After you’ve completed the easier ones, gradually increase the difficulty level until you’re ready to take the speed test. If you’re taking longer than intended, discover a few quick tips and tactics to help you speed up.
Important Note: The reasoning portion consists of 40 questions for 40 points, and this area accounts for half of the overall marks, so scoring higher in this section will very certainly enhance your chances of getting chosen.
Quantitative Aptitude/ Numerical Ability – You should go through the previous year’s subjects asked in this part to successfully prepare quants for IBPS RRB. Build your basic concepts once you’ve mastered all of the topics. Because speed and accuracy are very important in this subject, start with the simple topics and gradually increase the difficulty level. This section is time-consuming which is why you need to attain a good speed in this.
English Language – Languages are often areas where applicants can score well without putting in a lot of effort. The importance of reading books and developing vocabulary and grammar in the language cannot be overstated. This part can be aced by doing as many grammatical exercises as possible along with regular reading.
General Awareness – General awareness is one of the areas where candidates can do well without putting too much pressure on themselves. Candidates may ace their preparation for this section by reading newspapers and being up to date with GK or current affairs. Candidates will need to research financial trends, national and international news, recent events, GDP, and banking industry knowledge, among other things. Aspirants may go through Beepedia to keep up with what’s going on in the world at their fingertips.
Computer Knowledge – As part of the IBPS RRB 2021 Mains preparation, candidates must study for Computer Knowledge. The questions are simple, and if you allow yourself 10 days to study the syllabus, you should be able to answer correctly. The computer portion will include both basic and intermediate computer questions. It is critical to go over all of the topics thoroughly and to have notes prepared for the exam.
Revise and Attempt mock tests for your preparation –
- After you’ve completed your syllabus, all you have to do now is take one mock test every day and keep track of your progress. Find out what you’re doing wrong and try alternative techniques to improve your speed and accuracy.
- Because you must memorize everything, you should review it every day. Revision is just relearning and memorizing the material. Finally, try not to be overly stressed and have a cool demeanor. Maintain a schedule and finish the curriculum.
- Consistency is the key- Do not get bogged down with the uncertainty of the prevailing times. No matter if the exam gets delayed, if you will be consistent and persistent with your preparation, you surely will achieve your goal.
- One extra – Don’t ignore the fact that each one of your competitors is trying hard and putting in all possible efforts to grab the opportunity. In that case you need to give one extra from your bucket of hard work, efforts and knowledge which will give you an edge over others and sail you through.
- Guidance – If you still are feeling directionless or completely clueless about your status of preparation you can anytime enrol yourself into our online course for IBPS RRB PO & Clerk.
The online course will help you in :
- Analyzing your current preparation
- Clarify all your subject-related doubts
- Live classes will ensure you do not miss any important piece of information
- Practice questions will assist you in the revision
- Notes in pdf form will facilitate you in learning/revising anywhere, anytime as per your convenience.
Read detailed expert preparation strategy for IBPS RRB exams and prepare to win.
You can also go through these useful videos for some more assistance:
At ixamBee you can find free Online Test Series, GK updates in form of Beepedia, as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD, and Other Government Jobs.