“A job interview is not a test of your knowledge, but your ability to use it at the right time.” – Anonymous
With the announcement of GIC Assistant Manager Interview +GD dates, the marathon to succeed in the final stage has started once again. All selected candidates are burning the midnight oil to give their preparation the final touch. As per the official release, the GIC Assistant Manager GD + Interview will be held from October 25, 2021, onwards in Mumbai.
To help you strategize your preparation, ixamBee is here to share a GIC AM interview experience of a candidate who has cleared this final stage in 2019. Hope her experience of GIC Interview + GD will guide your path to the ladder of your dreams.
GIC Assistant Manager Interview Experience
Once you are done with your GD, the GIC Interview process will begin. All the candidates will be asked to verify their documents before proceeding to the GIC AM interview round. The GIC AM interview will last for 25-30 minutes. The interview board consists of 5 members of various domains. The interview panel will have members from elderly to mid-age. They will be cordial, interactive and highly experienced. Depending upon your profile, education background, work experience, gap years and other information from your bio-data form, the interview board will try to grill you. Your awareness of the recent updates in the insurance sector and other fields will work in your favour.
Some of the basic questions that they will ask and you should be thoroughly prepared are-
- Tell me about yourself?
- Your hobbies, strengths and weakness
- Basic knowledge of your Graduation subject and the domain area for which you have applied
- GIC background (not in much depth), its market position/ ranking in the world reinsurance market, establishment and other important info if any recent development has taken place
- Your work experience if any and why you left the previous job?
- Why do you want to join the insurance sector?
- How comfortable you are working across India?
- How you will help in the GIC business growth?
- Qualities that define you
- Current news awareness and your opinion or solution to any existing problem
Though there is no fixed syllabus for the GIC Assistant Manager Interview from where the questions can be asked, brushing up on the above-mentioned areas may give you an edge in the interview.
Points To Be Kept In Mind while attending GIC AM Interview
An Interview is the most important and challenging phase of the selection process and presentation is one of the main essentials of the interview. Your body language, dressing and introduction play an important role. So here are some important tips for the GIC AM Interview.
- Wear formal and avoid too many accessories, ornaments etc
- Reach the interview venue on time
- Carry all important documents as mentioned in your GIC AM Interview call letter handout. Keep 3-5 copies of all the documents with you
- Avoid all the tension and stress because the interviewer will be looking for the ability in you to stay with them and work efficiently
- Ask for permission before you enter the room with a smiling and confident face
- Once you enter the room, wish them, starting from a lady member first
- Make yourself comfortable with your head straight
- Listen calmly to whatever the interviewer says and make sure that you have eye contact with the interviewer
- Just be yourself
- Make sure your voice should be pleasant, clear and audible
GIC AM Interview Course
If you feel you need any kind of assistance regarding your GIC AM interview, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us through our GIC AM Interview+ GD online course. Our course has experts from various domains that will guide your path to success. To name some-
- Dr Sanjeev Sharma – Ex CGM RBI, Ex Ex. Dir.NHB (on deputation from RBI), Ex Resident Director Kisetsu Saison
- Susheel Ragade – Ex. Manager RBI, is an Engineer - MBA turned Banker - Central Banker turned Edupreneur working in the Digital Education Domain since 2010
- Mr CP Mohan – Ex CGM NABARD, with more than three decades of experience in rural and agricultural finance
- Arunima Sinha – Ms Arunima is an Ex- Grade B SIDBI Officer and an Ex- Bank PO
We wish you all the best for your GIC AM Interview + GD.