The South Eastern Railway has released the notification for filling up 520 vacancies for the post of Goods Guard on November 24, 2021 through the General Departmental Competitive Examination (GDCE). We hope that you have already applied for this exam. If not, the application window is open till December 23, 2021.
In this article, we will go over the notification, vacancies and eligibility criteria of this exam.
- 1 South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2021: Overview
- 2 South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2021: Vacancies
- 3 South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2021: Eligibility Criteria
- 4 South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2021: Age Criteria
- 5 SER 2021: Application Process
- 6 SER 2021: Selection Process
- 7 SER Recruitment 2021: Important Points to Note
South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2021: Overview
|Application Window||November 24, 2021 to December 23, 2021|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2021: Vacancies
Given below is the breakdown of the vacancies-
|Name of Post||Categories||Number of Vacancies|
South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2021: Eligibility Criteria
- Regular/permanent Railway employees who are working in different Departments/Branches of Headquarters/Divisions/Workshop/Units in grade pay/levels lower than the grade pay/levels of the notified post and all the eligible employees working in same levels of posts for which GDCEs are conducted will be eligible to appear.
- Employees must be drawing their pay on Substantive Basis (excluding MACP/ Ad-hoc promotions etc.)
- Candidates must hold a degree from a recognized University/Board. Candidates who are appearing in/awaiting results of final examination of minimum qualification at the time of application are not eligible to apply for this exam.
- As per the Railway Board’s Letter, RPF/RPSF personnel are not eligible to apply.
South Eastern Railway Recruitment 2021: Age Criteria
|Age Group||Upper Date of Birth||Lower Date of Birth|
|Unreserved (18 to 42)||January 02, 1980|
|OBC (18 to 45)||January 02, 1977||January 01, 2004|
|SC/ST (18 to 47)||January 02, 1975|
The age will be calculated as on January 01, 2022
Upper age limit for-
- General candidates- 42 years
- SC/ST candidates- 47 years
- OBC candidates- 45 years
SER 2021: Application Process
- Applications have to be submitted online on the SER website i.e. www.rrcser.co.in.
- Candidates must read the instructions carefully before filling the Application form. The application portal will remain open till December 23, 2021.
- It is advised to not wait till the last minute to fill the application as there could be a failure to log in to the application portal just before the closing date.
- Candidates will have the option to edit the details of the application form before the final submission of the form. No edits will be allowed after final submission.
- In case any difficulty arises while filling the application, the candidates can use the “Contact Us” button in the application portal.
SER 2021: Selection Process
- The selection process will be done on the basis of a Computer based Test (CBT). Each question will carry 1 mark.
- CBT will be conducted by RRC/GRC.
- GDCE quota has been set aside out of Direct Recruitment Vacancies.
- The level of CBT will be as per the RRB exam and will be Multiple Choice Objective type.
- The final selection will be based strictly on the merit obtained in the CBT.
- Candidates clearing the CBT will be called for document verification and a medical fitness test conducted by Railway administration.
- There will be no interview for this post.
Details of the Computer Based Test
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Duration|
⅓ marks will be deducted for wrong answers.
SER Recruitment 2021: Important Points to Note
- Candidates must read the notification carefully to ensure that they meet the eligibility criteria.
- Eligible employees can submit only one application with respect to this post. Multiple applications will disqualify the candidate from the selection process.
- Employees selected under GDCE will have to undergo training courses prior to their appointment.
- Selected employees can be posted to any Division of South Eastern Railway.
- The admit cards will be available on the website.