On December 8, 2021, an official notification for the SBI Circle Based Officer (CBO) recruitment 2021-22 was released. A total of 1226 vacancies have been released that offer a golden opportunity to work with one of the largest public sector banks in India.
In this article, we will cover all the details concerning the SBI CBO recruitment 2021-22 such as vacancy, exam pattern and other details. If you are interested in taking this exam, or know somebody who does, you should read all the details provided carefully.
The application window will remain open between December 9, 2021 to December 29, 2021.
- 1 SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Overview
- 2 SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Vacancy
- 3 SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Eligibility
- 4 SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Exam Pattern
- 5 Reasons to Apply to this Exam
- 6 SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Apply Online
- 7 SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Application Fee
- 8 Important Points to Note
- 9 Free Webinar for SBI CBO
- 10 Also read
SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Overview
Take a look at the highlights of the examination in the table below.
|Bank Name||State Bank of India|
|Notification Release Date||December 8, 2021|
|Application Window||December 9, 2021 to December 29, 2021.|
|Post||Circle Based Officer|
|Vacancy||1226 (including backlog vacancies)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Exam||Online|
|Exam Date||January 2022|
SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Vacancy
|Circle||State||No. of Vacancies|
|Circle||State||No. of Vacancies|
SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Eligibility
|Age (as on December 1, 2021)||21-30 years of age|
|Education||Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by the Central Government|
|Work Experience||Minimum 2 years’ experience as an officer in any Scheduled Commercial Bank or any Regional Rural Bank as listed in Second Schedule of Reserve Bank of India.Work experience will be considered after the completion of academic qualification.|
SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Exam Pattern
- Online exam (CBT)
The online exam will consist of 3 phases.
- Several changes have been introduced in the exam pattern in comparison to the previous year.
- Earlier, the subjects tested in the exam were General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness/ KYC-AML/ Preventive Vigilance/ Legal Issues and Data Analysis & Interpretation and Reasoning as well.
- Please note, these subjects will not be tested anymore according to the SBI CBO official notification 2021-22.
- For the awareness test, only General and Economy awareness will be assessed.
- Also, earlier the test contained 100 questions for 200 marks. This exam cycle, there will be 120 questions for 1 mark each, i.e., a total of 120 marks.
- Please ensure you make note of the exam pattern, total marks and all details carefully.
Online Exam (CBT)
Take a look at the details of Paper 1 in the table below.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Allotted|
|English Language||30||30||30 minutes|
|Banking Knowledge||40||40||30 minutes|
|General Awareness/Economy||30||30||30 minutes|
|Computer Aptitude||20||20||30 minutes|
There will be no penalty for wrong answers in the objective test.
|Name of Test||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Essay (250 words on banking related topics)||1||25|
The cumulative time awarded is 30 minutes.
- Candidates who perform successfully in the written examination, will have their documents and online application produced before the Screening Committee.
- This committee will verify the documents and match the applicant’s candidature to the job profile of a Circle Based Officer.
- In particular, the committee will judge whether or not the candidate has satisfied the work experience eligibility criterion or not.
- Candidates who satisfy the eligibility criteria, match the job profiles and have their personal documents verified successfully will be invited for an Interview.
- Successful candidates who are shortlisted will be invited for an Interview.
- The interview will be for 50 marks.
- The Online Written Test and Interview will carry a 75:25 weightage respectively.
Reasons to Apply to this Exam
- Single-level examination.
- No negative marking in written exam.
- No Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning tests.
- A large number of vacancies.
SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Apply Online
If you want to apply for the SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22, follow this link to register yourself and fill in your application.
SBI CBO Recruitment 2021-22 Application Fee
Also, take a look at the SBI CBO syllabus before you start your preparation.
Important Points to Note
- Candidates can apply for a vacancy in one state only. Multiple applications from different states will stand rejected.
- Candidates must be born on or after December 2, 1991 and on or before December 1, 2000 to satisfy the age criteria.
- An applicant’s candidature will only be considered for the vacancies for the States for which s/he applies. For example, if a candidate has applied.
- Merit list will be released State-wise and category-wise.
- Selected candidates will only be posted in the Circle for the State in which they are selected.
- All reservation related relaxations will apply.
- Candidates working with subsidiaries of Scheduled Commercial Bank will not be eligible to apply
- Candidates working in SBI in clerical/ supervisory cadre will not be eligible to apply.
- Candidates who have resigned the Officer Grade from the SBI will not be eligible to apply
Free Webinar for SBI CBO
If you would like to attend a free webinar conducted by ixamBee faculty to help you prepare for the exam, register yourself using this link.
Before you go, please note that ixamBee’s SBI CBO Online Course is at your disposal to help you prepare for the exam. Follow the link to learn more!
Also, take an SBI CBO Free Mock Test with ixamBee as well.
We hope you will apply for the exam at the earliest. We wish you all success.
Get Free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as latest updates for Bank SO, Bank SO, SSC, RBI, NABARD, and Other Government Jobs.