SEBI Grade A 2022 recruitment cycle is underway. The notification has been released for a total of 120 vacancies in the General, Legal, IT, Research and Official Language streams. Moreover, the SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Exam will be held on February 20, 2022. Therefore, this is a golden opportunity for the candidates who wish to work with SEBI.
Since the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam is one month away, in this article we will discuss the mistakes that you should avoid in your SEBI Grade A 2022 exam preparation.
- 1 SEBI Grade A 2022: 7 Mistakes to Avoid
- 1.1 Mistake 1- Starting Preparation with Biases
- 1.2 Mistake 2- Going through the Notification Again and Again
- 1.3 Mistake 3- Hoarding Information
- 1.4 Mistake 4- Expecting Miracles without Hardwork
- 1.5 Mistake 5- Disproportionate Efforts
- 1.6 Mistake 6- Watching Multiple Strategy Videos/Study Plans
- 1.7 Mistake 7- No Mentor or Multiple Mentors
- 2 Study with ixamBee for SEBI Grade A 2022
- 3 Also Read
SEBI Grade A 2022: 7 Mistakes to Avoid
Despite the availability of many high-paying corporate jobs, many of us aspire to get a government job. In other words, the selection process of most government exams is quite rigorous and candidates have to qualify many rounds of exams and evaluations before getting finally appointed.
Furthermore, every year thousands of aspirants appear for such exams which means the competition is very fierce. Even a difference of one or two marks can result in a missed opportunity. So, the bottom line is that preparing for any government exam requires a lot of patience and grit.
Given below are the seven mistakes that you must avoid to make your SEBI Grade A 2022 exam preparation strategy foolproof-
Mistake 1- Starting Preparation with Biases
Many candidates believe that it is easier for CA/CFA/CS candidates to clear the SEBI Grade A Exam. It’s no doubt that they have an advantage, but looking at the past selections, it can be seen that two thirds of the selected candidates in the SEBI Grade A 2020 recruitment cycle did not have a background in CA/CFA/CS.
Other points to keep in mind are-
- SEBI Grade A Phase 1 Paper 1 is easy to clear with the right strategy. More importantly, there is no sectional cut-off in Paper 1.
- Phase 1 Paper 2 will be stream specific where the level of questions will be easy to moderate.
- You need to secure 30% in Paper 1 and 40% in Paper 2 and overall aggregate should be 40%.
- On the other hand, SEBI Grade A Phase 2 requires a focused strategy.
- Scoring well in the Descriptive English paper is crucial as it is very scoring and will affect your overall marks in Phase 2.
Therefore, you should not limit yourself to these biases and just focus on your preparation.
Mistake 2- Going through the Notification Again and Again
- Another common mistake that candidates make is that they refer to the notification multiple times.
- Instead, you must read the notification or watch any video only once and if you have any doubts, SEBI has also released the FAQs regarding the eligibility criteria. So, if you still have any confusion you can refer to these FAQs.
- You can also refer to the video attached below, where the SEBI Grade A 2022 official notification has been explained in detail.
Mistake 3- Hoarding Information
- While preparing for the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam, it is essential to ensure that you are not hoarding information.
- Only keep one to two sources for reference.
- Please remember that more information is not equal to more knowledge. More often than not, it only leads to more confusion.
Mistake 4- Expecting Miracles without Hardwork
- The ‘mantra’ for clearing any competitive exam is hard work.
- Therefore, you must devise an exhaustive study plan and stick to it religiously.
- Studying with the mindset that you will be able to know the exact exam questions rather than learning and practicing will do you more harm than good.
- In other words, practice, practice, practice.
Mistake 5- Disproportionate Efforts
- Another grave mistake is paying too much attention to one subject/topic/peripheral topics.
- It is important to understand the SEBI Grade A syllabus and SEBI Grade A exam pattern carefully to identify the core topics and peripheral topics.
- Divide the topics in such a manner that you are able to focus on the entire syllabus.
- There is a possibility that even after studying all the topics, there might be some questions in the exam that you will not know. Therefore, focus only on core topics.
Mistake 6- Watching Multiple Strategy Videos/Study Plans
- Every candidate is unique. Therefore, the ‘one size fits all’ approach will not help you in your preparation.
- You must come up with a strategy that is based on your strengths and weaknesses and execute accordingly.
- We would advise you to jot down the common factors from the study plan videos and follow only those points which are in line with your preparation strategy.
- You can refer to the following videos for reference-
Mistake 7- No Mentor or Multiple Mentors
- Having a mentor that will guide your efforts in one direction is undoubtedly a crucial step in your SEBI Grade A 2022 exam preparation.
- More importantly, a mentor will help you in monitoring your progress.
- On the contrary, having multiple mentors will have the opposite effect as too many preparation tips and opinions will lead to confusion.
- If you have any doubts regarding your preparation you can seek expert guidance for SEBI Grade A 2022 at ixamBee.
Study with ixamBee for SEBI Grade A 2022
If you are preparing for the SEBI Grade A 2022 exam, ixamBee is providing the SEBI Grade A Online Course which can help you in kick-starting your exam preparation.
However, if you are still not sure whether you need this course or not, you can check out our Demo Lectures for SEBI Grade A and then come to a conclusion.
Previous Year Papers
We also encourage you to go through the SEBI Grade A previous year papers. This will give you a better understanding of the exam pattern and the most frequently asked questions.
Online Mock Tests
You can kick-start your SEBI Grade A 2022 preparation by taking SEBI Grade A Mock Tests. They are absolutely free!
Get Free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia. Similarly, get the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs as well.