SBI PO 2019
SBI recently released the much-awaited notification for PO (Probationary Officer). Majority of candidates prefer SBI PO job owing to the several perks and benefits along with the attractive salary package. In addition to this, there is faster promotion process and thus SBI is the most obvious choice to be made, especially in the banking industry. SBI conducts an examination almost every year to recruit eligible graduates to the post of PO. There is a three stage examination process which consists of SBI PO Prelims, SBI PO Mains and the third stage of Interview & Group Discussion. The first phase of Prelims consists of three tests of English Language, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability. The second phase of Mains consists of four tests of English Language, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness. Those who qualify the second stage will be eligible for Group Discussion & Interview. General/Economy/Banking Awareness is one of the most important topics which contribute a lot to the total score and the accuracy in this subject makes it a scoring one. Either you will know the answer or you won’t and therefore it is better if you do not try to make any guesses.
SBI PO 2019 General Awareness Syllabus & Tips
An important concern of most of the students who are preparing for competitive examinations is what all to cover in General Awareness which covers everything from current affairs, economy, finance, static GK. There is no prescribed syllabus for General/Economy/Banking Awareness section in SBI PO. You have to prepare this section through various sources but on the condition that the sources should be credible so that you do not waste time on numerous unwanted and worthless sources. To help you with it there are some useful tips:
- Read a financial/business newspaper – You should develop a habit of reading the newspaper daily and preferably a financial /economic newspaper, so that you can be in touch of daily developments in the national and international economy. Avoid getting too much into the political news.
- Weekly/monthly capsules – In this online generation, you can get all the material in a compiled form through various online platforms. Along with the compiled format, it is always better to catch up with the daily news on a regular basis and therefore you can also check out the Daily GK updates and thereafter attempt Daily GK Quiz which can help in testing yourself.
- Note Down – Trusting your memory is worthless and will eventually waste your time, therefore you should try to note down the important current news in a diary on a regular basis.
- Practice Mock Tests – Gaining knowledge is a great thing but not putting efforts to preserve that knowledge is like going back to zero. Therefore, you should practice and test yourself as much as you can and for that you can practice mock tests regularly which will not only help in checking your knowledge but will also guide you in what type of news and updates you actually need to study for the exam. Time is your most crucial resource, therefore you should practice SBI PO free online test series that have updates tests as per the latest pattern.
SBI PO 2019 General Awareness Best Books
Though there is no fixed syllabus for general awareness, as there is no limit to it and the syllabus can be very vast. But, according to the latest pattern of questions that come in the exams these days, you can refer to some good books that cover complete information required to nail the banking examinations such as SBI PO. Some good books for GK are:
- Static GK General Knowledge – Arihant Publication
- Lucent General Knowledge
- Banking Awareness Handbook of Banking Information – N.S.Toor
- Banking Awareness Arihant Publication
- Banking Awareness – Disha Publication
Apart from these books, you should always have an English newspaper by your side which will give you not one, but two benefits. It would increase your Gk along with your vocabulary.
All the Best!