The SBI PO phase 1 exam will be held on December 17th/18th/19th/20th, 2022. It will be conducted for a total of 1673 vacancies all over India. In this article we’ll see more about the exam along with the SBI PO Exam Shift Timings 2022.
Exam Pattern of SBI PO exam 2022
The Preliminary Examination consisting of an Objective Test for 100 marks will be conducted online. The test will have 3 Sections (with separate timings for each section) as follows.
Attempt Free Mock Tests now.
The Merit List will be based on the aggregate marks score in the Phase 1. There will be no sectional cut-off. Approximately 10 times candidates for each vacancy of each category will be eligible for the Phase 2 exam.
Phase 2 Examination will be conducted online and will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and a Descriptive Test for 50 marks. The Descriptive Test will be held immediately after the Objective Test and candidates will have to type their Descriptive Test answers on the computer.
There will be separate time for each section as follows:
|Test||Name of the Test||No. of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|I||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||50 Minutes|
|II||Data Analysis & Interpretation||30||50||45 Minutes|
|III||General/Economic/Banking Awareness||50||60||45 Minutes|
|IV||English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
|Descriptive Test||Letter Writing & Essay||2||50||30 Minutes|
SBI PO Exam Shift Timings 2022
The SBI PO Exam will be conducted on December 17th/18th/19th/20th, 2022. Due to the large number of applications, the exam is conducted in 4 shifts on each day. The SBI PO exam shift timings, 2022 as follows:
|Shift 1||Shift 2||Shift 3||Shift 4|
|Reporting Time||8 AM||10:30 AM||1 PM||3:30 PM|
|Exam Starts||9 AM||11 AM||2 PM||4:30 PM|
|Exam Ends||10 AM||12 AM||3 PM||5:30 PM|
SBI PO Exam Shift Timings for Mains 2022-23
As per the SBI Notification, the Mains exam is likely to be held in January/February 2023. Unlike the phase 1, this exam will be conducted on the same day in a single shift.
Exam Procedure & Other Instructions
1. Upon reaching the exam centre, you will undergo a registration process.
2. In the registration process, your photo will be taken & verified.
3. After successful registration, you’ll be allotted a Seat Number.
4. Candidates must carry his/her ball pen. Separate sheets will be given for rough work.
5. During the exam, candidates must refrain from using the keyboard keys.
Other Important Dates
|Phase 1 Online Exam||17th/18th/19th/20th of December, 2022|
|Declaration of Result||December 2022/ January 2023|
|Download Main Examination Call Letter||January 2023/ February 2023|
|Phase 2 Online Exam||January 2023/ February 2023|
|Declaration of result||February 2023|
|Download Phase 3 Call Letter||February 2023 Onwards|
|Interview & Group Exercises||February 2023/ March 2023|
|Declaration of Final Result||March 2023 Onwards|
Last Minute Tips
The SBI PO Exam 2022 is just a few days away. Here are some of the last minute tips that can come handy during the exam.
1. Do not rush through the questions. Read the question properly and then only submit an answer.
2. Keep in mind that you have to answer 100 questions in 60 minutes. So, keep the pace of answering questions according to it.
3. Do not go on guessing many questions as there is a negative marking scheme which can reduce your marks.
Apart from this,
1. Bring your essential documents- like Admit Card with a photograph affixed on it, along with the identity card and its photocopy.
2. Revise the important topics again and again before going to the exam.
3. Refer to the Previous Year Questions once again to get used to the type of questions asked.
4. For quick revision & clearing certain doubts, you can refer to this playlist of 0 se PO series on YouTube.
All the best!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Reporting Time in SBI PO Exam, 2022?
The SBI PO Exam, 2022 will be held in 4 shifts on 17th to 20th December, 2022. The Reporting Time for SBI PO Exam, 2022:
1. Shift 1 – 8 AM,
2. Shift 2 – 10:30 AM,
3. Shift 3 – 1 PM &
4. Shift 4 – 3:30 PM on all 4 days of the exam.
How much time is required to prepare for the SBI PO Exam?
A well planned study with a good mentor can help you prepare for SBI PO Exam in about 6 months. You can refer to our SBI PO Exclusive Course to better strategize your preparation.
How to save time in SBI PO Exam?
Practicing a lot of questions will help you to get used to the types of questions asked in the exam. Thi is how you can save time during the exam and solve more number of questions as compared to an average candidate.
You can have a look at the important topics of all the subjects in the exam before starting your preparation.
How many times can we attempt the SBI PO Exam?
Appearing in the Preliminary Exam is not counted as an attempt. Appearing in the Mains exam only is counted as an attempt.
For General / EWS, the maximum number of attempts are 4. And for General (PwBD) / EWS (PwBD) / OBC / OBC (PwBD) maximum number of attempts is 7. There are no restrictions on the number of attempts of SC / ST candidates.
How many times does the SBI PO exam is held in a year?
There is no fixed criteria of SBI to conduct exams in a particular year. Mostly, the SBI PO Exam is conducted every year. However, there have been instances when the exam was held once every 2-3 years.
Keep checking the official SBI website or IxamBee exam page for SBI PO Exam to know more about the recruitment.
To help you prepare 50% faster for competitive exams, ixamBee provides free Mock Test Series all the Current Affairs in English and Current Affairs in Hindi in the BeePedia capsules for GA Preparation. You can also get the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI NABARD and Other Government Jobs.