The State Bank of India is one of the largest public sector banks in India. Every year, the SBI releases notifications for the recruitment of personnel for various posts. On October 4, 2021 the official notification for the SBI PO Recruitment 2021 was released.
Let us take a look at all the important details outlined in this notification. We will look at the exam pattern, eligibility, how to apply and such. So read on to learn
SBI PO 2021 Exam Overview
The most awaited recruitment exam of the year is calling on us! Take a look at the details below.
|Exam Name||State Bank of India Probationary Officer|
|Exam Conducting Body||State Bank of India|
|Job location||Across India|
|Mode of Application||Online|
SBI PO 2021 Exam Calendar
The important dates for the SBI PO exam have been provided in the table below. You should read it carefully and set reminders if necessary, so you don’t miss any deadlines.
|Notification Release Date||October 4, 2021|
|Online Application Window||October 05, to October 25, 2021|
|Window for fee payment||October 05, to October 25, 2021|
|No. of vacancies||2056|
|Preliminary Exam Date (Tentative)||November/ December 2021|
SBI PO 2021 Vacancies
The category-wise and post-wise break up for this year’s vacancies have been listed below.
Please note: The vacancies reserved under OBC category are available only to those candidates who fall within the ‘Non-creamy layer.’ Candidates who fall within the ‘Creamy layer’ should mark their category as ‘General.’
Moreover, Non-creamy layer OBC candidates will be required to submit their OBC certificate issued by the Government of India, if called for an interview.
SBI PO 2021 Eligibility
|Age as on April 1, 2021||Minimum age – 21 years / Maximum – 30 years|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University |
Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
Aspirants who are in their final year/semester of graduation are also eligible to apply on the condition that if they are selected for the interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before December 31, 2021.
SBI PO 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the SBI PO Assistant Manager 2021 has been provided below. The exam will be conducted in 3 phases. The 3 phases are:
- Phase 1 – Prelims Exam
- Phase 2 – Mains Exam
- Phase 3 – GD & Interview
Phase 1 of the SBI PO 2021 exam will consist of 3 sections- Reasoning, English Language and Quantitative Aptitude. There will be a hundred questions for a total of 100 marks. Each section will be limited to 20 minutes. For more clarity, take a look at the table below.
|Name of Subject||No. of Questions||Time allotted|
|English Language||30||20 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||20 minutes|
Phase 2 of the exam comprises 2 papers; Objective and Descriptive.
|Name of Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time allotted|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|Name of Subject||Maximum Marks||Time allotted|
|Descriptive English (Letter and Essay Writing)||50||30 minutes|
Candidates in the ratio of 3:1 will be called for Phase 3 comprising Group Discussion and Personal Interview. So, for example, if there are 100 vacancies, 300 candidates will be invited to participate in GD & PI. The total marks allotted for the last phase are 50.
- Candidates will have to score minimum qualifying marks in Phase-III to be considered for final selection. The minimum qualifying marks will be decided by the Bank.
- There is no sectional cut-off for Phase 1 & Phase 2.
- There will be a 0.25 penalty marking in both Phase 1 & 2.
- If COVID-19 situation does not permit, the entire 50 marks for Phase 3, will be given to Personal Interview. In such a case, there will be no Group Discussion.
- The final merit will be based on Phase 2 and Phase 3
- The Preliminary exam admit card is expected to be released by the 1st or 2nd week of November, 2021.
Read the SBI PO 2021 Syllabus before you design your preparation strategy.
SBI PO 2021 How to Apply?
The application for the exam has to be submitted online. The procedure comprises 3 main steps.
- Application Registration
- Payment of Application Fee
- Photograph & Signature Scan and Upload
You must read the entire notification in detail to carry out every step properly. Providing any misinformation or incorrectly filling up your form can cost you dearly.
SBI PO 2021 Application Fee
The application fee for various categories have been provided in the table below. The fee is non-refundable.
|For SC/ ST/ PWBD||Nil|
|For all others||₹ 750|
State Bank of India Trivia
- The State Bank of India was founded on July 1, 1955.
- Its headquarters are in Mumbai.
- The first 3 branches of the SBI were established in Kolkata, Mumbai and Madras, in that order.
- Together, the 3 branches were called the Imperial Bank of India.
- SBI has 22,000 branches across India.
- It has over 2,45,000 employees.
If you are preparing for the SBI PO 2021 exam, there is no time like the present to join forces with ixamBee. Our SBI PO Online Course provides aspirants with all the material that you need to ace the examination. In our online course, you will be provided with the following:
- More than 350 study videos
- More than 100 videos of these 350 videos have been prepared especially for Mains examination.
- More than 125 study notes in PDF format.
- 150 + Difficulty Based Chapter Tests with more than 3000 questions.
- 33 full-length Mock Tests
- Previous Year Memory Based Mock Test.
- More than 8500 practice questions (other than Difficulty based chapter test questions)
- Live Classes for doubt clarification with the subject experts.
- Guidance for Group Discussion and Interview Rounds.
- Although the course is primarily in English, video lessons/ mock tests are available in Hindi also.
- Our bilingual pedagogical method is immensely popular among aspirants.
- It will be up to you if you want to interact with your mentors in Hindi or English during live classes or otherwise.
Aside from these online courses, we also provide a range of free mock tests that you can take at any time. These test series are available on our website and they are completely free. As part of your preparation, it would be prudent if you also review some previous years’ question papers. Both these activities will aid you in weighing your preparation.
As you prepare for these exams, we at ixamBee wish you the very best.
At ixamBee, you can find free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as latest updates for SBI PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.