SBI Clerk Recruitment Exam is held every year by the State Bank of India to employ candidates for the position of Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales). Thousands of people apply to the SBI Clerk exam annually. The SBI Clerk 2021 notification holds great value because the number of vacancies announced is 5237. The SBI Clerk 2021 Notification for Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales) has been released by the State Bank of India on April 26, 2021.
The number of vacancies significantly says that the exam will not be an easy nut to crack. You will be going to face tremendous competition. To clear the exam you need a rock-solid preparation but before that, you must know what the SBI Clerk notification, released on April 26, 2021, has to offer.
Your selection is based on your performance in the SBI Clerk Phase 1 and Phase 2 examination. You must take a local language test before joining. An overview of the SBI Clerk 2021 notification is given below:
SBI Clerk Recruitment 2021
Name of the Organization
State Bank of India
Name of the Post
Junior Associates (Customer Support and Sales)
|Registration Starts||April 27, 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||May 17, 2021|
SBI Clerk Exam Date 2021 (Preliminary)
SBI Clerk Exam Date (Mains)
July 31, 2021
- 1 SBI Clerk 2021: Vacancy
- 2 SBI Clerk 2021: Exam Pattern
- 3 SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
- 4 SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
- 5 SBI Clerk 2021: Exam Final Score Calculation
- 6 SBI Clerk 2021: Eligibility Criteria
- 7 SBI Clerk 2021: Educational Qualifications
- 8 SBI Clerk 2021: Application Form & Fees
- 9 SBI Clerk 2021: Application Form
- 10 SBI Clerk 2021: Important Details
SBI Clerk 2021: Vacancy
With the announcement of the SBI Junior Associates notification, the SBI Clerk 2021 vacancies stand at 5237, 5000 vacancies have been announced for regular posts and 237 for Backlog posts. The number of vacancies for SBI JA recruitment 2020 was 8134.
SBI Clerk 2021: Exam Pattern
As per the SBI official notification“No minimum qualifying marks for individual subjects are prescribed”. Thus, there will not be any sectional cut off for this year’s SBI Junior Associates Recruitment’s Online Examination. However, the criteria solely lie with the organisation.
SBI Clerk Exam 2021 will be conducted in two phases, Prelims and Mains. The fact that there will be no interview is the best part of the SBI Clerk Exam. However, candidates must pass the SBI Clerk Prelims and Mains Exams. A sectional timing will be there. SBI JA Exam 2021 questions will all be objective, i.e. multiple-choice questions (MCQs).
SBI Clerk Prelims Exam Pattern
|Serial No.||Section||No. of Question||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||20 minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35||35||20 minutes|
SBI Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
The SBI Clerk mains exam 2021 has four sections: General/ Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude. There will be a total of 190 questions on the test paper. The exam has a total of 200 marks. The duration of the exam is 2 hours and 40 minutes. Each section has a set of sectional timings.
|Name of test||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Minutes|
|General English||40||40||35 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||45 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Minutes|
|Total||190||200||2 Hours 40 minutes|
SBI Clerk 2021: Exam Final Score Calculation
The final score for the SBI Clerk exam is calculated based on the following important factors:
- The Preliminary Exam marks will not be factored into the final grade. These are only used to qualify for the Mains Exam.
- To advance to Phase 2 candidates must first qualify for the Phase 1 exam
- The final merit list for each category is based on a total of 100 points. Finally, candidates with a high merit rank in each category are chosen.
Language Proficiency Test (LPT): Those who qualify for selection and have produced a 10th or 12th-grade mark sheet/certificate demonstrating that they have studied the specified opted local language will not be required to take a language test. Others (qualified for selection) will undergo a specified opted local language test after provisional selection but before joining. Candidates who are not found to be fluent in the chosen local language will be disqualified.
SBI Clerk 2021: Eligibility Criteria
As of April 1, 2021, a candidate must be at least 20 years old but not more than 28 years old to apply for the SBI examination. Aside from that, according to government rules, there is age relaxation for certain categories of candidates:
|S.No||Category||Upper Age Limit|
|3||A person with Disabilities (General)||38 Years|
|4||A person with Disabilities (SC/ST)||43 Years|
|5||A person with Disabilities (OBC)||41 Years|
|6||Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||The actual period of service rendered in defense services + 3 years8 years for disabled Ex-servicemen belonging to SC/ST subject to a max. age of 50 years|
|7||Widows, Divorced, Women (No Married)||GEN – 35 YearsOBC – 38 YearsSC/ST – 40 Years|
7 years (subject to the maximum age limit of 35 years for General/EWS, 38 years for OBC & 40 years for SC/ST candidates)
Important Points in Eligibility Criteria
- OBC applicants belonging to the ‘’Non-creamy layer” are eligible for vacancies reserved for the OBC group. Candidates that fall into the OBC category but are in the ‘’CREAMY LAYER” are not eligible for any of the OBC category’s relaxations or reservations. As appropriate, they should indicate their category as General OR General (LD/ VI/ HI/ d&e).
- If selected, OBC candidates must submit an OBC certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India, with the “Non-Creamy Layer” provision, issued between April 1, 2021 and the date of appointment
- Reservation benefits under the EWS category can be obtained by presenting a ‘Income and Asset Certificate’ issued by a Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Government of India for the applicable financial year, as per the current DoPT guidelines
- Candidates for the EWS should be aware that if they do not have a “Income & Assets Certificate” for the relevant financial year as per the current DoPT guidelines on or before the online application deadline, they should apply under the “General (GEN) category only”
- Candidates in the Clerical or Officer cadres of the SBI are not eligible to apply for this venture. Candidates who were previously employed by the State Bank of India and resigned while in the clerical or officer cadre are also ineligible to apply.
- Candidates who have received a negative report about their character and antecedents, moral turpitude, or other issues are ineligible to apply for the role
- Candidates with a history of defaulting on loan or credit card payments, as well as those with a CIBIL or other agency adverse report against their name, may not be considered for appointment. Before joining, the status in this regard will be confirmed.
SBI Clerk 2021: Educational Qualifications
- He or she must have a valid degree from a recognized university in any discipline on or before August 16, 2021
- Candidates who hold an integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should double-check the date of their IDD completion. Those in their final year/semester of study may also apply provisionally, subject to the requirement that, if provisionally selected, they produce proof of passing the graduation examination.
- Matriculate ex-servicemen who have completed at least 15 years of service in the Union Armed Forces and have obtained the Indian Army Special Certificate of Education or a corresponding certificate in the Navy or Air Force are also eligible.
SBI Clerk 2021: Application Form & Fees
SBI Clerk 2021 application form needs to be filled online. The link to register for the exam will be made available on the official website. The application fee is 750 and NIL for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PWD category
|S. No.||Category||Application Fee|
SBI Clerk 2021: Application Form
Candidates can fill SBI Clerk application form as per the below-mentioned steps.
Step 1: Go to sbi.co.in/web/careers/current-openings on the official website.
Step 2: Go to the ‘Click here for new registration‘ tab and click it.
Step 3: Enter information such as your name, phone number, and email address.
Step 4: You’ll get a registration number and a password.
Step 5: Upload the scanned images of the signature and photograph.
Step 6: Fill in your personal information, work experience, educational qualifications, and so on.
Step 7: Review the application form before submitting your information.
Step 8: The registration fees must be paid by the candidates.
Step 9: Print the application form as well as the E-receipt.
SBI Clerk 2021: Important Details
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bank can conduct the PET either through physical classes or through online resources, depending on feasibility
- From 01.06.2021 (Tentatively) onwards, candidates may download their call letter and a “acquaint yourself booklet” for the preliminary test by entering their registration number and password/date of birth on the Bank’s website
- From 19.07.2021 onwards (Tentatively), candidates who will qualify for the main examination will be able to download their call letter from the Bank’s website (following the instructions on the screen)
- Call letter for Preliminary Exam: Call letter of Preliminary Exam will not be collected at the examination venue. However, it will be duly authenticated or Stamped by the exam centre staff. Candidates will need to retain the call letter (along with authenticated/ stamped copy of the ID proof) safely. Those candidates who will be called for Main Exam will be required to bring this call letter along-with Main Exam call letter and other requisite documents as per information provided in the “acquaint yourself booklet” and call letter.
To know the complete details of the notification watch the video below.
ixamBee provides SBI Clerk mock tests absolutely free for you to analyze your grasp on concepts. These mock tests are made after hours of revision from our exam experts and will lead you towards a better knowledge of concepts. If you need any assistance with the SBI JA exam 2021, you can check out our SBI Clerk online course.This course has a lot of sectional questions to gain a firm understanding on the relevant topics, crisp study notes and video lessons all designed by our SBI Clerk expert faculty to help you sail through the tough competition.