LIC AAO Result 2021 Out!!
Team ixamBee wishes the successful candidates many congratulations. We hope you have already begun preparing for the Mains examination.
For those of you who have not been able to make it through, please don’t lose hope. We hope you will come back and take the exam again in the next recruitment cycle.
LIC AAO/AE 2021 Exam Date
The LIC AAO/AE 2021 Preliminary exam has been scheduled to be held on August 28, 2021. Information concerning the download of a new admit card is expected to be communicated soon.
LIC AAO 2021 Exam Pattern
The LIC AAO 2021 exam will take place in three phases:
- Phase 1- Prelims
- Phase 2- Mains
- Phase 3 – Interview
The Prelims paper will be conducted for 70 marks. A hundred questions will be asked to be solved within the allotted time of 60 minutes. The section on English Language is simply qualifying in nature and will not be considered for the overall ranking.
|Name of the Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Minimum Qualifying Marks (SC/ST)||Minimum Qualifying Marks (Others)||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35||English & Hindi||16||18||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35||English & Hindi||16||18||20 Minutes|
|English Language||30||30**||English||9||10||20 Minutes|
There will be a total of 5 subjects assessed in the Mains papers. In Paper 1, there will be 4 subjects assessed in objective-type format. Paper 2 will be a paper on the fifth section, i.e.Descriptive English.
Take a look at the table below to learn how many questions will be assessed from each subject and the weightage they carry.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Minimum Qualifying Marks (SC/ST)||Minimum Qualifying Marks (Others)||Duration|
|Reasoning Ability||30||90||English & Hindi||40||45||40 minutes|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30||60||English & Hindi||27||30||20 minutes|
|Professional Knowledge||30||90||English & Hindi||40||45||40 minutes|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||30||60||English & Hindi||27||30||20 minutes|
|English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)||2||25||English||9||10||30 Minutes|
- The Descriptive English test will be of qualifying nature and the marks in English Language will not be counted for ranking.
- There are sectional cut-offs which candidates need to obtain. Similarly, candidates must also obtain aggregate cut-off marks to qualify.
- Marks obtained in Main examination plus marks obtained in the interview will be considered for final merit listing.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in both sections of the paper.
Marks obtained in the Mains Examination will be considered for shortlisting for the Interview. The interview will be held for 60 marks.
For the Interview, candidates for around 3 times the number of vacancies will be invited. So for example, if there are 100 vacancies, 300 or so candidates will qualify for this stage from the Mains exam.
LIC AAO 2021 Syllabus
Take a look at the detailed syllabus for both the Prelims and Mains examinations. Although Reasoning is being assessed in both phases, please make note of the fact that there are some minor differences in the syllabus.
|Reasoning||Ratio and Proportion, Average, Time and Work, Speed, Distance and Time, Mixture and Allegations, Stocks and Shares, Percentage, Permutation and Combination, Algebra, Trigonometry, Data Interpretation, Mensuration, Probability, Set Theory.|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Inequality, Coding Decoding, Syllogism, Machine Input Output, Data Sufficiency, Circular Arrangement, Linear Arrangement, Floor Puzzle, Scheduling, Verbal Reasoning, Ordering and Ranking, Arrangement and Pattern, Blood Relations, Direction and Distance.|
|English||Grammar, Vocabulary, Error Spotting, Comprehension, Passage Making, Jumble Words, Fill in the Blanks, Sentence Framing.|
|Reasoning||Arrangement & Pattern, Coding-Decoding, Blood Relations, Analogy, Inequalities, Syllogisms, Classification, Data Sufficiency, Input-Output, Linear Arrangement, Alphabet Series, Data Interpretation, Grouping & Selection, Verbal Reasoning, Clock, Venn Diagram, Mirror Images, Calendar.|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||History of India, Indian Economics, Geography, Indian Constitution, Important Days, Books and Authors, Countries, Capitals, and Currencies, Awards, Honours and Recognition, Science and Technology, Inventions and Discoveries, Financial Institutions – National and International, National and International Organizations, Current Affairs – National and International, Indian Politics.|
|Insurance & Financial Market Awareness||Indian Financial System, History of LIC and IRDAI, Indian Banking and Insurance Terms, Banking Committees, Banking and Insurance Abbreviations, Stock Market, Budget, Insurance Sector, International Financial Institutions, Money market and Capital Market, Financial Market Risks, International Monetary Fund, Economic policies, Recession, Insurance Ombudsman, Bancassurance, Private and Public sector Insurance Companies, Government Insurance Schemes.|
|Professional Knowledge||Data Communication and Networking, Database Management System, Operating System, Software Engineering, Data Structure, Compiler Design, Computer Organization and Microprocessor, Object Oriented Programming (OOPS).|
|English Language||Essay, Letter Writing.|
Important points to remember
We have listed some points for you that you must remember for your exam day. The official notification outlines some guidelines that candidates must follow on the exam day.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card from the deferred website when the announcement is so made.
- The candidate is required to fix his/her recent recognizable photograph on the call letter.
- Candidates must carry their Photo Identity Proof in original and a copy of the same.
- The photo identity proof must contain exactly the same name as it appears on the admit card.
- Candidates shall not be permitted to carry/use calculators, mobile phones or any other devices in the exam room.
- Candidates must only carry permissible items such as pens, water bottle, documents, mask and sanitizer.
- Candidates must follow safety protocols as may be in effect locally.
- Maintain a safe distance and do not forget to wear your mask to the exam hall.
- Candidates must arrive well in time so as to avoid any crowding or long queues. If you do have to get into a queue, ensure you maintain proper distance from the people around you.
- When leaving the exam room, leave patiently. Do rush for the exit or gather into a crowd.
- Although the desk and chair in the exam room will be sanitized, you must carry your own sanitizer and sanitize your hands from time to time.
- Each candidate must properly carry everything they will need for the exam. Leave no scope for any sort of lending or borrowing.
- In case there are any changes in dates/centre/venue of examination, candidates will be informed via SMS and/or email. So, candidates must check their registered email Ids regularly.
- It would be prudent for candidates to check the official website regularly for updates and notifications.
If you are preparing for this exam, you have only 20 more days at your disposal. So, there is not a moment to lose. Join the LIC AAO Online Course that will equip you with all the material you need to ace this exam with flying colours. Aside from study material in the form of videos and PDFs, our dedicated faculty will be with you every step of the way. Moreover, our course also includes guidance for the Interview round.
Additionally, you can also review some previous years’ question papers and take some free mock tests to gauge the standard of questions assessed. For the General Knowledge/ Current Affairs section of the paper, you can make use of ixamBee’s BeePedia resource. BeePedia will help you stay at the top of your preparation. These updates are completely free.
At ixamBee you can find a number of Online Courses, GK updates in the form of BeePedia, as well as latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs.