All you need to know about the IBPS PO bank preference 2022!
With the release of the notification of IBPS PO 2022 and the opening of the apply online link today, many aspirants face the challenge of choosing the bank preference during the IBPS PO online form.
Our article will help you fill out your IBPS PO bank preference form 2022 properly and answer any questions you might have about it.
Before we move any further, let us go over some of the general details of the IBPS PO 2022 exam such as the official notification, exam pattern and more.
IBPS PO Selection Process 2022
Please go over the details of the IBPS PO exam pattern 2022 carefully.
The IBPS PO exam 2022 will be conducted in 3 steps:
IBPS PO Prelims Exam 2022: As this is an eliminator round, the marks scored in this section are not considered for final merit. Candidates must clear a sectional cut-off as well as an overall cut-off to proceed to the next round.
IBPS PO Mains 2022: A candidate’s final selection is made on the basis of their performance in this section. Here again, you need to clear the overall and sectional cutoff to reach to the Interview round.
IBPS PO Interview 2022: Interviews will be held for candidates who pass the Mains examination. There will be 100 marks in the interview process. The minimum mark to qualify will be 40% for the General category and 35% for SC, ST, OBC, and PWD candidates. Following the interview process, IBPS will release a merit list and offer a joining letter to the successful candidates based on the combined score for the Mains examination and the interview.
List of Participating Banks
The following are the 11 participating banks in the IBPS PO 2022 recruitment process you should be familiar with in order to move forward in the selection process.
- Bank of Baroda
- Bank of India
- Canara Bank
- Central Bank of India
- Indian Bank
- Indian Overseas Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra
- Punjab National Bank
- Punjab & Sind Bank
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India
Headquarters of the participating Banks
IBPS PO Bank Preferences headquarters and the total number of branches are shown in the table below:
|Bank of Baroda
|Bank of India
|Bank of Maharashtra
|Central Bank of India
|Indian Overseas Bank
|Punjab National Bank
|Punjab and Sind Bank
|United Bank of India
How to Choose Your Preference for IBPS PO
There are several factors to consider when you choose and fill your preference for the IBPS PO application. They are:
- Job priority
- Locational preference
- Salary structure
- Promotion policies
- Work culture
- Posting and transfers
- Personal preferences
How to Fill Bank Preference in IBPS PO 2022?
When you fill out your IBPS PO 2022 online application, you will be asked to fill in your bank preferences as well. Depending upon what you have filled in, you will be allotted a job posting once you clear the IBPS PO 2022 exam. For this, we hope that you will carefully consider what you are looking for before you fill in your job posting preferences. As aforementioned, there are several factors to consider, let us discuss them in more detail so that you are able to understand and cover all the aspects of your job posting carefully.
- You should give preference to the bank that has the most branches in your state if you are a lady aspirant seeking a home posting.
- Choose the banks with headquarters in your state or with the most branches in your state if you are a North or South Indian who wants to be posted near your hometown.
- It is important to keep in mind that once you make your final list, you will be serving the particular bank for a considerable amount of time.
- If you are filling out the bank preferences section of the IBPS PO 2022 exam, it is important to take into consideration the location and area of the bank’s headquarters and branches. Identifying where the bank’s headquarters are located is the first step in working in a specific area or region.
- It is also possible that some banks may consider your preferences for location, while others may require you to work in any locations across the country.
- When it comes to transferring funds between banks, different banks have different policies. Check out the transfer policies of each bank you’re considering to determine which one is best for you.
- You need to take your personal preferences into consideration when choosing the bank preference for the IBPS PO 2022 exam.
- In other words, if you prefer one bank to another, place it at the top of the list, while the banks you want to avoid should be at the bottom.
Study With ixamBee
In a first of its kind, ixamBee has recently launched the Ultimate BeeBanker Online Course to help aspirants prepare for multiple bank exams simultaneously. Aspirants will be able to save time and reach their goals faster by receiving the most intensive and exhaustive training. Take a look at the features of this course below.
- More than 400 video lessons
- More than 200 study notes in PDF form
- 10 Descriptive English mock tests
- Weekly tests
- More than 10,000 practice questions
- More than 150 Difficulty based Chapter Tests
- More than 75 Section tests
- 10 one-on-one individual sessions
- Daily Live Classes with the concerned faculty
- Interview Preparation
- Unmatched mentorship
- You can avail this course for 2 years!!
- If you are unable to crack any exam in 2 years, you will be given a full refund.
All the best for your future from Team ixamBee!
Get Free Online Test Series, GK updates in the form ofBeePedia. Similarly, get the latest updates for Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC, RBI, NABARD and Other Government Jobs as well.