Everyone has a Plan B, what is yours? On this earth, UPSC is the most difficult competitive exam. Will you keep all eggs in one basket?
You may be knowing it already, that the best plan B for UPSC candidates is RBI Grade B, because:
- 90% syllabus is similar to UPSC
- Exam pattern is the same having objective and descriptive questions
- RBI salary and allowances come around 25-30 lakh per year, one of the best in government jobs
- Fast career growth with great work life balance
- Posting in metro cities and state capitals
- Professional work environment with no political interference
- Working with India’s central Bank for building the economy and nation
To know how you can crack RBI Grade B please go through this demo course……..
How does your UPSC preparation help in clearing RBI Grade B exam?
During the last few years most of the selections in RBI Grade B are of UPSC aspirants. If you have sincerely prepared for Civil Services exam then RBI Grade B isn’t a hard nut for you to crack. You only need to study Finance subject for RBI Grade B and that too of basic level.
An UPSC candidate has an edge over the other candidates to crack this exam because of the descriptive nature of the civil services exam and extensive practice on the writing section. In UPSC, you work for the central government and during your work tenure you may have different political pressures while in RBI, you are working for India’s Central Bank and you will not feel any political pressure.
Salary in RBI is higher (If you are IAS, IPS, IRS, overall benefits in UPSC job are more) and working hours are limited to 9:30 -6:00 type with five day working. RBI is a knowledge driven organization. It provides ample opportunity to learn and grow professionally. You will get exposure to various functions in banking and finance such as risk management, financial regulation and supervision, currency management, regulation of money and forex markets, financial inclusion, etc.