SBI Clerk 2021 recruitment notification was announced on April 26, 2021 releasing posts for 5237 vacancies. In the SBI Clerk 2021 recruitment notification few important details are mentioned which you must not skip at any cost. In this article, we are mentioning all those details for your better understanding.
SBI Clerk 2021 Recruitment: Important Points in Eligibility Criteria
- OBC applicants belonging to the ‘’Non-creamy layer” are eligible for vacancies reserved for the OBC group. Candidates that fall into the OBC category but are in the ‘’CREAMY LAYER” are not eligible for any of the OBC category’s relaxations or reservations. As appropriate, they should indicate their category as General OR General (LD/ VI/ HI/ d&e).
- If selected, OBC candidates must submit an OBC certificate in the format prescribed by the Government of India, with the “Non-Creamy Layer” provision, issued between April 1, 2021 and the date of appointment
- Reservation benefits under the EWS category can be obtained by presenting an ‘Income and Asset Certificate’ issued by a Competent Authority in the format prescribed by the Government of India for the applicable financial year, as per the current DoPT guidelines
- Candidates for the EWS should be aware that if they do not have an “Income & Assets Certificate” for the relevant financial year as per the current DoPT guidelines on or before the online application deadline, they should apply under the “General (GEN) category only”
- Candidates in the Clerical or Officer cadres of the SBI are not eligible to apply for this post. Candidates who were previously employed by the State Bank of India and resigned while in the clerical or officer cadre are also ineligible to apply.
- Candidates who have received a negative report about their character and antecedents, moral turpitude, or other issues are ineligible to apply for the role
- Candidates with a history of defaulting on loan or credit card payments, as well as those with a CIBIL or other agency adverse report against their name, may not be considered for appointment. Before joining, the status in this regard will be confirmed.
Other Important Details
- No definite number of attempts are mentioned in the notification but a candidate can attempt as many times till he or she is 28 years old. 28 years is the maximum age limit mentioned.
- In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Bank can conduct the PET either through physical classes or through online resources, depending on the feasibility
- There will no sectional as well as overall cut-off this time, you will be selected on the basis of the number of vacancies announced. Candidates Apprximalty 10 times the number of vacancies will be shortlisted for Mains.
- From 01.06.2021 (Tentatively) onwards, candidates may download their call letter and a “acquaint yourself booklet” for the preliminary test by entering their registration number and password/date of birth on the Bank’s website
- From 19.07.2021 onwards (Tentatively), candidates who will qualify for the main examination will be able to download their call letter from the Bank’s website (following the instructions on the screen)
- Call letter for Preliminary Exam: Call letter of the Preliminary Exam will not be collected at the examination venue. However, it will be duly authenticated or Stamped by the exam centre staff. Candidates will need to retain the call letter (along with authenticated/ stamped copy of the ID proof) safely. Those candidates who will be called for Main Exam will be required to bring this call letter along with the Main Exam call letter and other requisite documents as per the information provided in the “acquaint yourself booklet” and call letter.
To attempt SBI Clerk 2021 Prelims and Mains mock tests for free, you can visit our official website.
For more details on the SBI Clerk 2021 exam pattern, application fees and direct registration link, click here.